A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Seems a good time to post this information again, for any new folks. - sm

Posted: Mar 05, 2015

Please be aware that communicating with anyone privately via the email address you utilized to set up this account permits a straight path to your computer. The folks you would LEAST want to know who posted whatever you might have posted are VERY slick at coming off completely innocently when asking you to "please send this to me if you are not comfortable posting it to the board." This is your hint to say, "no thanks, I'll stick to the public board." If you slip up and do as they ask, these things can happen:

1.  Your access to this board can be blocked, which means you would then have to use some other device in your home or go to another location to access it (hassle). 

2.  Many people have lost jobs over it. (I verified this with people who were one day working and the next day locked out of their accounts then accused of "not showing up." In case you do not believe me, these posts are still found in the archives on this board, where some of these people came back here long enough to warn others). 

3.  Never underestimate how much the company would love to see this board go away, as they realize it costs them recruits. They tend to frown upon free speech if that speech reflects poorly on them, as most any company would. 

Which is, of course, the very reason some of us will always find a way back, no matter what happens to us...barring death, I will always attempt to spare even one more person from going through what I have experienced. 

Thanks for that. I have never replied to an email or tried to - reply to an email but

[ In Reply To ..]
what if someone tries to reply to MY post email? Am I "safe" so long as I don't reply to that email? Someone said that they tried to reply by email to my post and that it "bounced back" to them. When this happened, am I still "safe" ?? Thanks for your concern in posting this, it is really appreciated!

Not the OP, but it is likely wonderful the email bounced back - to that person.

[ In Reply To ..]
...that way neither of you will be tempted to try it again. The only thing I do with my account is go in and empty it every 6 months or so to keep from reaching any capacity limits that might be in place.

Depends - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Depends on who tries to reply. I asked a question on one of these boards once, an innocuous question, nothing controversial and the next day I got an email in my work email from HR answering my question. She said she tried to reply to my post by email, but it bounced back. That's how she got my email address. Unfortunately, I had that email address on file with the company, so she put 2 and 2 together.

Just use lots of different email accounts when you post, nothing that could identify you, because HR will try to respond knowing their emails will bounce back, getting our email addresses.

Similar Messages:

401K Benefits Are Available To Part-time Folks?
Mar 12, 2012

Does anyone know off the top of their head if the 401K benefits are available to part-time folks?  ...

Looking For Any Information (good Or Bad) For Diskriter..sm
Feb 04, 2010

Thinking of applying with Diskriter for possible radiology or acute care position.  Looking to switch from IC to employee status.  I would like to know how the work load is, starting pay, incentives, and benefits package.  Thanks for any information you can provide. ...

Looking For Information Good Or Bad On DTS America In TN. Thanks...nm
Mar 04, 2010

Would really appreciate any information on DTS America in Brentwood, TN.  Saw ad and thinking about applying, but would like to know if this is a bad company, then no need to waste my time.  ...

TransTech - Any Good (or Bad) Information?
Jul 28, 2010

Interested in working for TransTech.  Any good (or bad) information?  ...

TTS - Current Information Good, Bad
Sep 17, 2012

Was wondering if anyone has any current information good, bad and/or indifferent on this company--Transcription, Technology and Support, LLC?  Consistent work, fair pay (or as far as possible in this market), management/supervisors, QA?  Any 411 is greatly appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Any Information On Softscript...good Or Bad...appreciated.
Oct 14, 2011

nm ...

FutureNet Anyone? Seems Every Time I Post
Apr 27, 2012

a message, I never get replies.  Yes it could be that no one knows, but I seriously doubt no one knows about any of the companies I have asked about.  What really gets me is, just a few days or even hours after I post a question about a company, someone else asks the same thing and THEY get replies!!! ...

Does Anyone Know A Good Site With Cancer Tumor Marker Information?
Mar 26, 2010

I am starting to type quite a few cancer reports, and there are so many tumor markers for the various types of cancer. I probably should invest in a new Stedman's Oncology but don't have the extra $$ right now. Does anyone know a site that might help me figure these out? On web sites i've found, there doesn't seem to be much consistency in putting in hyphens (like CA25, CA 125, CA-125, etc.). ...

Good Part-time Company?
Aug 30, 2012

I need supplemental income and am looking for a companyto work as an IC.  I am not overly concerned about running out of work, as I just want supplemental income.  Does anyone know a company that it is easy to get started, no long drawn out hiring process with IC work that is maybe overflow or something along those lines or am I just dreaming?  TIA. ...

Precyse - Good/bad, Pay, Time Off, Management?
May 15, 2014

Could any CURRENT Precyse MT/Editors please private email to tell me your recent experience with this company, good/bad, pay, time off, management, etc. Thank you! ...

Any Suggestions For Good Part-time Work
Aug 02, 2011

I am currently working a full time job doing the regular 8 to 5, Monday thru Friday. I need part-time work in the evenings to supplement my income. Could anyone suggest a good company to seek out for part-time work on second shift? I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!!! ...

Good Companies For Part-time IC Work?
Jul 19, 2014

Can you guys just make my life easier and tell me what companies are good to work for as a part-time IC?  I have been researching, but it is tedious and all I read are negative comments. ...

Is Softscript A Good Company To Work For? Is There Plenty Of Work? Any Information Is Helpful.
Feb 05, 2010

Looking for input about Softscript, good or bad.  ...

Go To The "other" MT Website For A Good Laugh (latest Job Post Is Ridiculous) Sm
Sep 05, 2014

0.15/per report edited, 0.25/per report templated, 0.50/per report transcribed. Ridiculous!! ...

Good Grief, My Time Czar Is SO Math Challenged!
Jan 28, 2015

Nm ...

Okay Webmedx Folks...
May 30, 2011

What is a SWAT team position?  I have never heard of that, so I was curious what it was.  ...

Older Folks
Oct 26, 2011

Anyone in their 60's (I'm 66) who is studying to become a coder?  If I begin with Andrews, I will be probably 68 when I'm ready to apply for a job.  Is this realistic, or should I save my money?  Thanks. ...

So Long Folks
Nov 20, 2013

I've posted here from time to time and now I will say good-bye.  I've typed my last line for MM.  I'm fortunate that I am able to retire and I have nothing but sympathy for those of you who must remain.  Will probably still check the board occasionally.  Hope you can all survive. ...

.......And That's All She Wrote Folks!!!!
Mar 10, 2014

After a buy-out, pay cuts, more pay cuts, lies, PTO that never gets approved, mandatory overtime, working 7 days a week, empty accounts, and finally an accuracy rate of 99.6% (soon to be 99.7%).... many tears, sleepless nights, worrying, and making myself sick - I finally have made the move.... and I'm outta here!!!!!!   And with the new CEO letter that came out today... perfect timing!!   I wish you all well if you stick it out with this miserable company.  I hope ...

TransTech Folks
Sep 04, 2014

The silence is deafening. I'm waiting for something to happen this week, just don't know what it is. Has anyone lost an account to India yet? I haven't lost my account yet but I'm sure that's going to happen someday sooner if not later. Too bad they couldn't have been more open and honest with us.  ...

Softscript Folks
Jan 07, 2015

Does anyone work for, or have any input on Softmed?  I see their ads on MTDaily, but never see anything posted (recently) here.  Thanks ...

Any Folks From MDI Get Notified Of Pay Decrease?
Oct 16, 2009

Has anyone been notified that they are not producing enough so their cpl is being cut?  Have you been reduced/demoted to prn?  Is the reason you have not produced enough because there is seldom work available?  I see trouble ahead.  ...

Questions For Current QA Folks.
Nov 02, 2010

Was wondering when the ad reads CPL for QA if that means the lines for the whole report you QA or just what you fill in for blanks.  Also, with your company, do you do feedback to the MTs?  I did QA a few years ago and do realize requirements in this position most likely are different with each company. but in that experience, I was required to give feedback on their form and it was such a cumbersome and time-consuming form, I made more doing VR/text. ...

AHDI Wants To Know Why Folks Are Not Renewing CMT.
Aug 27, 2012

Can't wait to mail my *reason* back to them. I can hardly wait for the mailman to collect my reply, and this is just my opinion. I'm sending the below to all three persons at AHDI named on the inquiry. 1. My company (and others nowadays) do not recognize CMT status any longer. 2. Why should I *recertify* myself to obtain a basically minimum wage-paying career, which is what the MT field has become these days, and the pay is getting lower as time goes by. I do applaud their efforts ...

Switch To Coding, Folks
Oct 15, 2012

It's Gonna Be A Long Day Folks
Nov 23, 2012

nm ...

Keystrokes Folks: How Are Things?
Nov 09, 2013

Is it worth applying these days? Thanks for your honesty. ...

Can You Folks Get This, Not Sure Of The Exact Spelling
Feb 23, 2015

She improved after taking a s/l "crunel bar" and an orange. Thanks in advance! ...

Just Baked A Cake, Folks...remembering When
Dec 13, 2011

around this time in the afternoon, yesteryear...I would take a look at my line count. It might read 2500 or so...I might decide to take a hiking, biking or swim break and if I chose, come back later at night and add another 1000 into the mix for the day...that would be a $350.00 day. Work flowed 'round the clock, I stayed in hotels for 1 or 2 months out of the year--window by the sea, as I transcribed away in front of a gorgeous view...but today, the only numbers before me are those on the ...

May I Make A Suggestion To Younger Folks
Nov 12, 2013

Here's one that I wish someone had recommended to me back when I was pursuing my bachelor's degree:  Take ROTC.  Seriously.  When you graduate with that experience on your resume, prepared to be a military officer, you won't regret it.   Here's another one I wish I had considered when I was younger, which may still be available to me even at my age:  Library Science.  sounds boring right? When I was in school I'm sure I thought, "I don ...