A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone know a good site with cancer tumor marker information? - starstruck

Posted: Mar 26, 2010

I am starting to type quite a few cancer reports, and there are so many tumor markers for the various types of cancer. I probably should invest in a new Stedman's Oncology but don't have the extra $$ right now. Does anyone know a site that might help me figure these out? On web sites i've found, there doesn't seem to be much consistency in putting in hyphens (like CA25, CA 125, CA-125, etc.).

Here are a couple - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.tc-cancer.com/tumormarkers.html

http://www.uihealthcare.com/topics/medicaldepartments/cancercenter/tumormarker/index.html

Here a few sites which might be helpful for oncology. - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.cancerguide.org/basic.html

http://www.rare-cancer.org/dictionary/index.php//index.xhtml

http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials

What a gold mine! - starstruck

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you both for your suggestions. These are really good. I had been going to the Mayo Clinic and the nih.gov sites, but since they weren't exclusively about cancer it took so long to sift through their information. These will really help.

Glad to help. I have a few more and I will E you . - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]
I will just send you the complete list including those from earlier.
Thanks again. - starstruck
[ In Reply To ..]
These sites really have been such a lifesaver--I've already used them today. Any time that I dno't have to spend flailing around the Net is good!

Thanks for sharing those! nm - ColtsFan

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Tumor Marker Question
Nov 14, 2012

Dictated "CEA was elevated at 29, CA 15.3 at 1938, and CA 27.29 was elevated at the outset at 2243." My questions are regarding the CA 15.3 of "1938" and the CA 27.29 of "2243." Should they be "19.38" and "22.43" or "1938" and "2243"? When I'm googling the reference ranges for CA 15.3, a value of 19.38 doesn't seem to be elevated; neither does a value of 22.43 for CA 27.29. But.. 1938 and 2243 seem awfully high. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks!!! ...

For Cancer Marker: Is It CA15-3 Or CA 15-3 ??
Aug 26, 2010

:) ...

Cancer Tumor Registrar
Apr 30, 2015

Are there any CTRs out there?  If so, are you working from home?  I'd appreciate some input.  Have been taking classes and about ready to take the certification. ...

Certified Cancer Tumor Registrar (CTR)?
May 21, 2014

I just got a flier in the mail from AHIMA about becoming a CTR or Certified Cancer Tumor Registrar.  I have never heard of this and so my curioisty is piqued.  My question is could this be another career or is it another way AHIMA is trying to get money out of us?  I am not sure if the hospitals or clinics in my area would need a CTR but I will also be doing my research!  Thanks! ...

Certified Cancer Tumor Registrar Online
May 23, 2014

I received some information in the mail on how to become a certified cancer tumor registrar by training online.  That's a possible alternative to this work for some.  The website is ahima.org/crm. ...

Pt Had Tumor Right Leg. Tumor Was Grossly Resected. It Turned Out To Be An S/l RCA Resction. TIA
Nov 19, 2009

xx ...

Need A Good Site To Look Up Doc Names. Sm
Jan 31, 2012

I am needing a good site to search for docs for particular states.  I've been using NPI, but the doc I am trying to find is not coming up.  He/she has an unusual name and it is being dictated by another doc who is struggling to pronounce it.  The doc I am needing to do a search on right now is in Missouri.  I don't know the clinic.  I only know that the patient is to follow with him/her for diabetes. ...

Is This Site Still Good For Companies?
Feb 24, 2015

Is this link with companies still good? Was wondering if it was old or not. ...

Good Site To Go To For Basic Four Samples
Feb 23, 2010

I need a good site to go to for basic four samples.  Does anyone know of any?  Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Know Of A Good Site That Will Search Medications
Sep 29, 2010

nm ...

Does Anyone Know Of A Good Site To View Videos Of Surgeries
Jul 11, 2012

NM ...

Can Someone Direct Me To A Good Resume Site? I'm Dusting My Off, Sm
Jan 23, 2014

and heading out into the sunset!!!  I've been fighting it for some time and as I see my debt mounting, my blood pressure increasing, my paychecks going down, my stress through the roof (the list goes on and on), I'm ready.  I actually have an interview already.  I have a copy of my last one before I started MT 15 years ago and boy does it need updating!!  Any help would be appreciated!! Wow, it is quite liberating to finally come this decision and mean it!! ...

Anyone Have A Good Site Listing Cardiac Catheters And Sheaths?
Nov 17, 2010

It seems like every time I transcribe a cardiac cath report, there's yet another new sheath, catheter, introducer, etc., that I've never heard of.  Does anyone have a go-to website listing these? ...

Another Good Site To Search For Coding Jobs: Twitter
Mar 11, 2012

Yep, you read that right: Twitter. I have an account and just now I did a search at the top of the page, and you wouldn't believe all the results that came up, local results from different parts of the country posting coding jobs. It's great. So that's just FYI for y'all. ...

Does Anyone Know A Good Site For Ophthalmology Or Bone Marrow Transplant Info. TIA. Nm
Mar 09, 2010

nm ...

Looking For Any Information (good Or Bad) For Diskriter..sm
Feb 04, 2010

Thinking of applying with Diskriter for possible radiology or acute care position.  Looking to switch from IC to employee status.  I would like to know how the work load is, starting pay, incentives, and benefits package.  Thanks for any information you can provide. ...

Looking For Information Good Or Bad On DTS America In TN. Thanks...nm
Mar 04, 2010

Would really appreciate any information on DTS America in Brentwood, TN.  Saw ad and thinking about applying, but would like to know if this is a bad company, then no need to waste my time.  ...

TransTech - Any Good (or Bad) Information?
Jul 28, 2010

Interested in working for TransTech.  Any good (or bad) information?  ...

TTS - Current Information Good, Bad
Sep 17, 2012

Was wondering if anyone has any current information good, bad and/or indifferent on this company--Transcription, Technology and Support, LLC?  Consistent work, fair pay (or as far as possible in this market), management/supervisors, QA?  Any 411 is greatly appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Any Information On Softscript...good Or Bad...appreciated.
Oct 14, 2011

nm ...

Seems A Good Time To Post This Information Again, For Any New Folks.
Mar 05, 2015

Please be aware that communicating with anyone privately via the email address you utilized to set up this account permits a straight path to your computer. The folks you would LEAST want to know who posted whatever you might have posted are VERY slick at coming off completely innocently when asking you to "please send this to me if you are not comfortable posting it to the board." This is your hint to say, "no thanks, I'll stick to the public board." If you slip up and do as they ask, thes ...

In A Cancer Report, The Doctor Gave A Diagnosis Of Stage IIIC T4aN2M0 Cancer
Jun 14, 2013

In a cancer report, the doctor gave a diagnosis of Stage IIIC T4aN2M0 cancer.  Then she later said, He was staged as a pathological T4aN2a.  She added the a and dropped the M0.   I listened very carefully for the diagnosis and later in the problem list.  She does not add the a after the N2 in either place.    Does anyone know why it is N2a in one place but just N2 in the DX?  ...

Does Anyone Know What A <non-s> Marker Is??
Sep 28, 2010

Have not seen them before today and I was just wondering.  I think they stand for nonsense.... ...

Skip Marker
Feb 16, 2010

what is causing my skip marker to stay in the report after the ADT info is skip marked.  ...

Has Anyone Encountered </non-s/> Marker
Sep 16, 2010

in DQS 6.1. Seems to be wherever the dictator pauses or says mmm. Do we leave it there or what. ...

QA Marker Vent
Nov 02, 2010

Had a report with 4 QA markers -- anything over 2 markers has to be sent to QA.  Once again, they couldn't hear it either and sent it with 4 markers.  It probably sent me over the 5% submission rate, and I will get docked for it.  Why can't QA get docked 1.5 cpl and me 1.5 cpl since NEITHER ONE OF US COULD HEAR IT????? ...

Whatever Happened To The Redundant Marker?
Sep 05, 2010

xx ...

Spacing After Q/A Marker Period.
Jun 17, 2015

Don't want to call support if I don't have to -- does someone know how I can make the period after a Q/A marker stay put when I key in spaces?  Right now, it moves along putting the spaces in front of the period.  Growl!!! ...

Is Softscript A Good Company To Work For? Is There Plenty Of Work? Any Information Is Helpful.
Feb 05, 2010

Looking for input about Softscript, good or bad.  ...

When Filling In A Marker, Any Way To Stop That First Word From
Nov 17, 2012

x ...