A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TransTech QA - Just another MT

Posted: Sep 04, 2010

Hi there fellow TT MTs:)  Do any of you ever have trouble with QA at TT.  Lately, I have been afraid to send anything in for correction, particularly 1 person, who dissects my reports down to crossing my Ts and dotting my Is.   I know she is probably just doing her job well, and I know being in QA is a hard job, but this is getting depressing. I am not a newbie by any means, and I know my job well.  Not criticizing here, just a little perplexed I guess.  Thanks everyone!

I can guess - who that QA person is.

[ In Reply To ..]
I find her irritating, also. There are times when I ask questions, and the reply comes back reminding me to do things that weren't part of the question and which I already do correctly. Whenever I get feedback from her, I just try to control my irritation, glean any relevant info I can, and then delete it. I'm sure we're not the only ones who feel this way, and she's probably just a very, very, very detail oriented person.

Thank you - TT MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Your note made me feel much, much better and I truly thank you for responding:) Yes, I think we are talking about the same person. I do the same thing that you do, exactly the same:) It is just so frustrating to get these notes and you are already tired from dealing with very bad dictation. I like your wording about "very, very, very detailed oriented." Thanks again...

Im pretty sure I know who - that QA is, too.

[ In Reply To ..]
She pulls all of the same things with me, too.

I don't even read her emails anymore. I just delete them as soon as they come in.

Well, this really makes me feel better - TT MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have to admit that I was feeling pretty irritated and sad at the same time..I thought it was just me. She has done this a few times to me, and I felt like I have to defend myself just to get her to understand, and she always comes back with another lecture, so I just kind of give up when this happens. It doesn't make me feel too good, and it is always over the most mundane things, and the notes are not always very kind.
Dont feel bad, have the same experience with her - Wont name names but
[ In Reply To ..]
I've learned to cross my fingers when I have to send something to QA on my backup account and silently pray she isn't the one who gets it.

As another poster said, she's the ONLY unpleasant person at TT that I've dealt with and all of the other helpful and friendly QAs more than make up for it.

I think I know to whom you are referring - And yes she can be crotchety

[ In Reply To ..]
I try not to deal with her. She is the only seemingly unpleasant person I've encountered at TT. I try to tell myself I'm reading more into her comments than is intended (what with communication being thru email and no voice inflection to put with it) but, yeah, to me her written comments are always somewhat catty.

QA at TT - D.A.

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to work for TransTech and they have a great QA team. At least I think they do. They might seem to be a little picky but like you said, they are simply doing their job as the account specifics state must be done. Don't get all down. Take what they tell you and learn from it. I've been an MT for 27 years and I STILL learn something new on a daily basis.

No one is saying they ARENT great, its just that - One is blunt to almost being rude

[ In Reply To ..]
Her abruptness is quite in contrast to the other QAs who are always so helpful and friendly. I dont know if she realizes her behavior even comes across as such so I try to give her the benefit of a doubt that she really doesnt mean to come off as snippy.

As I said, because everyone else at TT is so open and friendly, her behavior kinda makes her stick out like a sore thumb, LOL!

QA - vra1947

[ In Reply To ..]
That QA should be reported to her supervisor. She is not paid to nit-pick, play ''school-marm'' or take a condescending attitude. She does not sound very effective at her job if she is answering questions that are not even asked and side-stepping ones that are. The company is wasting money on her if she is inhibiting MTs from asking valid questions or sending in work. People like this have NO business being in QA in the first place. If they want to teach school, let them go back to school and get the proper education and teaching license. MTs should certainly complain about somebody like this who is actually making their hard job even more difficult.

Thanks to all of you - TT MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Everyone at TT has been very nice to me since I came on 3 months ago, which is a blessing!! I came from Transcend and to me this company is a breath of fresh air. I have been in this business for about 35 years now, and you would think that things like this shouldn't be a problem, but it can hurt a bit, especially when you are tired, and had 1 too many docs that can't speak English correctly:) I learn new things all the time, and you all have some great advice, and are some of the nicest MTs I have met on this board.

QA at TT - DAB

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked in QA before and I know what it is like. Unless you have been there, you could have no possible way to know what it is like doing that job. It is not just filling in all the blanks that keep flowing in on reports by the worst of the worst dictations and it's not just keeping all the reports in TAT and that would be enough, but you are required to send feedback and while at the same time stopping to read the endless flow of emails coming in from MTs wanting to know something that is already right there in the account specs if they would only take the time to read it for themselves but they want someone else to have to look it up for them while they keep typing. Not to mention being current and accurate on the account specifics for EVERY account, switching from one to the next constantly. All that is just dealing with the jobs and the dictators and the emails but then beyond that, you've got client complaints to deal with and you've got your own boss too! You should just be grateful to get feedback at all. Maybe what you see as blunt is just her way remaining neutral since many MTs can be very rude and become defensive over any kind of feedback. Maybe she's just like you, tired. And maybe she just doesn't have the time to candy coat everything. She's probably doing good to get done what she does.

DAB looks like the same critic when she did QA - AT

[ In Reply To ..]
Stop making excuses for rudeness on the job. Remember we work for HEALTHCARE. I worked over 40 years. I taught and corrected work also. You don't have to put others down to make yourself feel better than everyone else either. The JOB created all this tension. AS and reading and remember when to change, when not to, and then keep up with changes and make a linecount that is unhealthy and what it is doing to us mentally and physically is surely unhealthy. My ass sits trying to understand those who make big bucks and don't have to care and then the CEOs are finding ways of making you work harder so they can live more lavishly. Don't defend rudeness in healthCARE. Just be glad when you are sick, they are not nurses, because a lot of them too went into it just for the MONEY. I think QA has a standard in that NOTHING is perfect, so find SOMETHING.

QA control - na

[ In Reply To ..]
AMEN! Couldn't have said it better myself. After more than 15 years as a transcriptionist, I left my last job due to the poor communication between myself and the QA. QA's make mistakes as well, but just try to question them and your gone or they make it so miserable to work you resign to the fact that it "ain't gonna get better"!
BIPOLAR--once you give an MT the right to pick apart... - AT
[ In Reply To ..]
they all seem to love picking apart someone else's work. Constructive critism is the name of the job. We have to remember IT IS a piece of paper and right now it shows you how much the hospitals REALLY value the job. They serve the doctors royally. Go look at any physician's lounge, plus the high wages and contracts. They need them. Look at what they have done to us!! Don't fight trying to get ahead and pushing other MTs down with a 'better-than-thou' attitude because bottom line really has it...we can all be eliminated by India...next is what..China? The hospitals DON'T CARE how the work comes back either. No QA there...they love the price.
my emesis on the matter - steady eddie
[ In Reply To ..]
I work for TT.

Try to glean the facts that pertain to you from the feedback whilst remaining confident in your abilities. We all of us are not above constructive criticism. Women take criticism personally and men don't. Let's take a page from their book and remove our emotions from this circumstance.

There are always going to be difficult personalities in life with whom we must deal. The challenge is to diffuse any negativism with kindness and gratitude in your dealings with them, even if they are not kind to you to begin with. It really works, because that is what I do. My mom told me that a long time ago, and it was good advice which I am passing along to you.

An act of kindness lowers the blood pressure and produces endorphins in the parties engaged in the exchange of kindness as well as any witnesses to the event.
Very good advice - TT MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Your mother gave you good advice, and I am smiling as I write this note, because I gave the exact same advice to my sons and daughters also. I always try to be kind in my dealings with anyone, always, but that week was especially hard for me, and I had just battled the flu for a few days, my emotions were askew and I was just plain tired. Plus, I was not unkind to her, just wanted someone else's ears by writing my initial note here. I would never reply back to someone unkindly, whatever the case may be, but always think about what I am saying before I send an e-mail. Also, I had a flashback to a company I had just come from that dealt with the MTs in a horrible, demeaning manner, and I guess I was reminded of that by the e-mail I received. One thing though, you must always be aware of what you put in an e-mail and how it is worded. When we choose to criticize someone about something they have done, you must word it in such a way that does not make them feel totally horrible, and I have been a supervisor, and we were always taught in management classes that how we dealt with others through e-mails was critical, and it should be handled with the utmost tact. Sometimes it is very difficult to relay anything by e-mail, because sometimes it just never comes out the way you would want it to. I agree with what you said about an act of kindness, and I always employ that tactic, because we all have feelings and no one wants to be made to feel like they don't have a shred of intelligence. I was not the one that replied badly..I was the one that received an e-mail that was critical, but it seemed like this person was have a very bad day.
Very good advice - kayli
[ In Reply To ..]
With your sensitivity, I would have been happy to have YOU as a manager. The QA in question was wrong and you don't need to ''explain yourself''. Both MT and QA jobs are very demanding. There is no excuse for petty nit-picking and there is no also excuse for condescending attitudes.
Thank you ((Kayli)) - TT MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate your note so much, and the kind way you expressed yourself. It meant a lot to me that you took the time, as did others, to respond to my note. I loved my MTs, and when you experience what they have been through you understand how they feel. I always tried to help them whenever I could, and never made them feel like they were not appreciated and valued, and guess what they did better work and were willing to go the extra mile because they felt they were important and someone did care about them. It never does anyone any good at all to push someone down, criticize harshly, or not understand what they are going through. Again thanks..I wouldn't have minded being your supervisor:)

I have felt that way, too, where it seems like sending something... - ndmt68

[ In Reply To ..]
to QA makes the whole report a target. I honestly think, though, that the QA is just that good and that detail-oriented. I also try to keep in mind that I have had e-mail communication with people who I really could not stand and when I had the opportunity to talk with them on the phone or meet them, they were just great.

E-mail is a tough medium of communication in that in order to be clear it can come across as blunt, and I have experienced this in remote jobs other than transcription.

Similar Messages:

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

TRANSTECH PAY
Nov 10, 2009

Anybody know what the pay is for transtech, VR and standard?  I am looking at applying. TIA ...

Transtech Rad
Nov 17, 2009

Anyone working at Transtech care to share whether there radiology accounts pay better than there acute care?  I currently work for them on acute care.  Thanks! ...

TransTech'ers, Is It Getting Any Better
Jan 25, 2010

nm ...

TransTech VR
Jun 22, 2011

Just wondering if you can do exclusively VR or exclusively traditional?  I thought it was mandatory that both be done, but I want to be sure. Do you like the ExText platform? ...

Does Anyone Know About TransTech?
Nov 06, 2010

Does anyone know about TransTech? ...

Has Anyone Gotten A TransTech W2 Yet?
Jan 27, 2011

nm ...

To MT Looking/TransTech
Mar 08, 2012

I started a new thread because I noticed your question about TransTech waaaay down at the bottom of the page and with no responses yet, so here goes... In my personal experience, nothing has changed from the older posts.  Even today, I have 4 accounts and I'm currently waiting for work to come into my queue.  If you can get in with TransTech as a favorite, you can make BIG money doing 98% OP notes (about 30,000 lines per pay period).  But, if you're just a regular, ...

Anything New At TransTech????
Jul 19, 2012

Usually there are lots of posts here about TT.  Just wondering what is going on now.  I was hired and supposed to start work there, but could not work with satellite.  For some reason, the EditScript would not come up.  So I got rid of satellite and had Verizon Wireless installed.  So far this is working pretty good.  Much better than satellite -- knock on wood.  Hopefully I can start working again.  ...

Last Day At TransTech
Jul 31, 2012

I've been with TT for about 6 years but was recently offered an in house job at 4x the pay and really great benefits. I have to say I really enjoyed working for TT other than the times of low volume and I would recommend them. Things have changed for me and I can't turn down this opportunity but I do wish them well. ...

Transtech ?
Oct 22, 2012

Does anyone know if they hire part time?  I know I have seen comments about them running out of work, but that seems to be a common thing among most of the companies anymore.  ...

Anyone Know Anything About TransTech?
Mar 18, 2013

I was recently hired by Transtech, just wondering if anyone has any experience with them?  I was very excited to get a job offer, but was a little nervous when the recruiter started explaining what to do when work was slow or there was no work.  AT 4.5 cpl for VR, the last thing I need is long periods of no work.  Anyone with experience with them? ...

All Right How About TransTech
Jul 10, 2013

I have got to find something new and unfortunately have to go with a company who hires employees/has benefits. ...

TransTech Changes?
Sep 30, 2014

I am no longer working for TransTech but just wondering if there have been any changes since merger yet?  Any anticipated?   I maybe should not have quit so soon....any suggestions?  ...

Transtech
Oct 07, 2014

Wondering if anyone knows anything about or has worked for a company called Transtech? Thanks in advance! ...

TransTech, If You're Hiring
Oct 13, 2009

some part-timers anyway, why not offer weekends to part-timers and offer some Mon-Fri shifts for the experienced full-time MTs you're trying to get.....  That's about the only way you're going to get many experienced quality MTs.  And there are always plenty of MTs looking for part-time weekend work as a 2nd job.  ...

Info On TransTech Please?
Oct 14, 2009

Any information on this company would be greatly appreciated.  TIA! ...

Axolotl Or Transtech
Oct 31, 2009

Could somebody give me some info on these two companies, i.e., pay, benefits, work flow steadiness, management, etc.?  Thank's in advance! ...

Transtech - Any Bad Or Good?
Nov 19, 2009

what is transtech like? any bad or good? ...

Question For Any Transtech-ers Out There
Jan 06, 2010

Just out of curiosity, are any of you who have been switched to much more VR than traditional (at the halved pay rate) actually making as much or more than you did before? ...

Anyone From TransTech Received A W2 Yet?
Jan 27, 2010

nm ...

Anyone Know How Much Cobra Is For Transtech?
Jan 29, 2010

nm ...

How Are Things At Transtech?
Feb 10, 2010

Does anyone have current information on the working conditions at Transtech?  Is their insurance okay?  Do they have enough work? ...

What VR Platform Does TransTech Use?
Feb 19, 2010

nm ...

Transtech - Still Low To No Work?
Mar 21, 2010

at Transtech, still low to no work or what? ...

How Is Workload At TransTech?
Apr 07, 2010

Considering applying there if there is enough work?! ...

TransTech Hiring?
Apr 13, 2010

Can you believe this?  What about the MTs they have that have little to no work? ...

TransTech Hiring ????
Apr 21, 2010

I am surprised to see the job ad for TransTech on the Job Board here...I thought they didn't have enough work.  There are two ads actually, one for acute care, the other for oncology.  Does anyone out there work on the oncology account and is there enough work.  What is their cpl rate for someone who has 12 years experience in oncology.  Also, what platform do they use?  Thanks for your help. ...

TransTech MTs On New Account
May 08, 2010

You know, the one that started just a couple of weeks ago or so. Just wondering how it is.  Dictators good? ...

Transtech Question Yet Again
Jul 28, 2010

I see the below post about Transtech regarding low work volume.  Are there any happy mts working at Transtech doing VR?   At one point, I was reading positive information about this company and now all I see is that it has gone downhill fast, ie, Keystrokes same situation.  I do not have a job right now and I really need to work.  I guess what I am asking is should I give Transtech a try or keep looking.    Any and all current info regarding the current st ...