A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

transtech - any bad or good? - mj

Posted: Nov 19, 2009

what is transtech like? any bad or good?

I work there and I love it - EleanorRigby

[ In Reply To ..]
Great communication, plenty of work, flexible, and my supervisor is a gem. Pay is probably average but great bonus and incentive programs that add up quickly. Benefits are decent; 4 hours of PTO per pay period, insurance (M/D/V) available.

I love it there. Hope that helps.

Working for Transtech Medical Solutions - MTmom2two

[ In Reply To ..]

I have worked for Transtech for months now. I felt that my testing/hiring process was very organized.  I tested, we talked, they offered, I accepted, they overnighted what I needed, and everything was good to go from there.  My work flow has been steady.  I like my particular account and software.  I do about 1/2 and 1/2 speech and straiting typing, no problems.  The people I work with are all very professional, yet friendly and flexible.  Ditto for the person who posted before:  The pay is average, but they do have line count incentives.  They also offer a nice variety of benefits. 

The steady workflow has always been my biggest concern.  It's amazing the companies that hire you and then have nothing for you to do.  Great way to pay the bills, huh? 

Now, this is all IMHO, but it's my experience.  I think it's nice to have something positive to post, since this board is often filled with negative experiences.  Smile

Similar Messages:

TransTech - So Much Both Good And Bad?
Jan 02, 2011

I have seen so much both good and bad in the archives regarding TransTech but have never done VR and understand that is a big part of what they do now. They have two VR platforms (Escription and Powerscribe), but I have only heard about Escription (both good and bad), and I really don't know what to do if they make me an offer (they were interested in having me test after I spoke with them once they learned about my background).   I currently have a job that was great until they star ...

TransTech As Good As They Say?
Nov 28, 2012

Their ad paints a rosy picture - can it be this good? Also does not mention insurance per se, but does say benefits package is second to none? ...

TransTech - Any Good (or Bad) Information?
Jul 28, 2010

Interested in working for TransTech.  Any good (or bad) information?  ...

TransTech- Good Company
Nov 19, 2013

I've been with TransTech for about 2 years, but I'm going to back to working with people now that I'm not having to deal with military moves anymore. I thought I'd pass along to the job hunters that TransTech is a good place- they pay on time, have a good work load consistently, and not too much ESL. It's not for you if you don't want to commit to 40 hours or work a few holidays, but it's an honest gig that you can make a living with. ...

Transtech - Out Of Texas Is A Good Company To Work For?
Dec 21, 2010

Can someone tell me if Transtech out of Texas is a good company to work for?  Is work plentiful?  The VR pay seems on the low side.  Does anyone earn a decent living with this company?  TIA. ...

TransTech - Good Or Bad? I've Read Positive And Negative - Sm
Feb 17, 2011

posts so far, about the same amount of each.  I was thinking about applying with them.  I heard they have good insurance, and that's very important to me because of my situation.  I also read that they have a lot of VR, and I've never done that before, but I'm going to have to learn sometime.  Any positive or negative comments are welcome.  Thanks!  ...

TransTech Medical Solutions - Is It A Good Company To Work For?
Dec 13, 2011

Does anyone have any recent info on TransTech Medical Solutions?  Is it a good company to work for?  Decent pay and management?  Good amount of work?  Decent dictators?  Any information would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks. ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

2014 - Not A Good Year For This MT â But I Found A Good Fit (finally)
Jan 12, 2015

Rarely do I start discussion on mtstars - however, 2014 was a particularly challenging year for myself - an experienced MT/Editor (15+ years). However, I realize that many other MTs may be in the same position, i.e., having many years devoted to working at the Big MTSOs including âthe M,â and âthe Nâ and (now to be included) âthe Tâ following close behind in total numbers of MT/Editors on staff. (Hint: Sure most of you know the M, the N and the T - and the names have been int ...

All Type QA - Good Money?? Good Company???
May 24, 2011

I have expierence with QA, although have never been paid production for it. I do enjoy QA more. Does anyone have expierence at All Type in QA? Are they reliable?? Do they pay well? I currently make about 32000/year and need more. Would this be doable? TIA!! ...

IMEDX Takeover...I Don't Have A Good Feeling About This. Does Anyone Have A Good Sm
Jul 07, 2012

experience with this company.  Sounds like they suck up our accounts and then pay us less than pennies to clean up the trash.  ...

Good Friday; Good Bye Spheris
Apr 02, 2010

Well Good Friday to me.  I left Spheris.  It is indeed the best Friday for me in a very long time.  I've had it with their lousy platform, Mafia QA (they try their best to kill your spirit), mandatory this, mandatory that, do this, don't do that, change this, don't change that; no, don't change this, don't change that, and on and on and on, and now their bankruptcy.  No PTO for the next 4 months to keep the clients satisfied during ...

TRANSTECH PAY
Nov 10, 2009

Anybody know what the pay is for transtech, VR and standard?  I am looking at applying. TIA ...

Transtech Rad
Nov 17, 2009

Anyone working at Transtech care to share whether there radiology accounts pay better than there acute care?  I currently work for them on acute care.  Thanks! ...

TransTech'ers, Is It Getting Any Better
Jan 25, 2010

nm ...

TransTech QA
Sep 04, 2010

Hi there fellow TT MTs:)  Do any of you ever have trouble with QA at TT.  Lately, I have been afraid to send anything in for correction, particularly 1 person, who dissects my reports down to crossing my Ts and dotting my Is.   I know she is probably just doing her job well, and I know being in QA is a hard job, but this is getting depressing. I am not a newbie by any means, and I know my job well.  Not criticizing here, just a little perplexed I guess.  Thanks everyone! ...

TransTech VR
Jun 22, 2011

Just wondering if you can do exclusively VR or exclusively traditional?  I thought it was mandatory that both be done, but I want to be sure. Do you like the ExText platform? ...

Does Anyone Know About TransTech?
Nov 06, 2010

Does anyone know about TransTech? ...

Has Anyone Gotten A TransTech W2 Yet?
Jan 27, 2011

nm ...

To MT Looking/TransTech
Mar 08, 2012

I started a new thread because I noticed your question about TransTech waaaay down at the bottom of the page and with no responses yet, so here goes... In my personal experience, nothing has changed from the older posts.  Even today, I have 4 accounts and I'm currently waiting for work to come into my queue.  If you can get in with TransTech as a favorite, you can make BIG money doing 98% OP notes (about 30,000 lines per pay period).  But, if you're just a regular, ...

Anything New At TransTech????
Jul 19, 2012

Usually there are lots of posts here about TT.  Just wondering what is going on now.  I was hired and supposed to start work there, but could not work with satellite.  For some reason, the EditScript would not come up.  So I got rid of satellite and had Verizon Wireless installed.  So far this is working pretty good.  Much better than satellite -- knock on wood.  Hopefully I can start working again.  ...

Last Day At TransTech
Jul 31, 2012

I've been with TT for about 6 years but was recently offered an in house job at 4x the pay and really great benefits. I have to say I really enjoyed working for TT other than the times of low volume and I would recommend them. Things have changed for me and I can't turn down this opportunity but I do wish them well. ...

Transtech ?
Oct 22, 2012

Does anyone know if they hire part time?  I know I have seen comments about them running out of work, but that seems to be a common thing among most of the companies anymore.  ...

Anyone Know Anything About TransTech?
Mar 18, 2013

I was recently hired by Transtech, just wondering if anyone has any experience with them?  I was very excited to get a job offer, but was a little nervous when the recruiter started explaining what to do when work was slow or there was no work.  AT 4.5 cpl for VR, the last thing I need is long periods of no work.  Anyone with experience with them? ...

All Right How About TransTech
Jul 10, 2013

I have got to find something new and unfortunately have to go with a company who hires employees/has benefits. ...

TransTech Changes?
Sep 30, 2014

I am no longer working for TransTech but just wondering if there have been any changes since merger yet?  Any anticipated?   I maybe should not have quit so soon....any suggestions?  ...

Transtech
Oct 07, 2014

Wondering if anyone knows anything about or has worked for a company called Transtech? Thanks in advance! ...

TransTech, If You're Hiring
Oct 13, 2009

some part-timers anyway, why not offer weekends to part-timers and offer some Mon-Fri shifts for the experienced full-time MTs you're trying to get.....  That's about the only way you're going to get many experienced quality MTs.  And there are always plenty of MTs looking for part-time weekend work as a 2nd job.  ...

Info On TransTech Please?
Oct 14, 2009

Any information on this company would be greatly appreciated.  TIA! ...