A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

most productive/popular abbrev expander? - mtinsanity

Posted: Oct 21, 2009

The company I work for is changing over to ChartNet, with its ExpandText expander. I don't like that it has no way of adding/creating new shortcuts without using the mouse. The expander I use now is not compatible with ChartNet, and I'm wondering which expander is used by the majority of MTs....has no limit to the number of expansions/abbrevs it can hold, etc.

Would welcome any suggestions. Thinking about Shorthand, but wondering what most MTs are using.

expander - KJ

[ In Reply To ..]
If Word is your program, you can just use the autocorrect and autotext - I have both of these customized with hundreds of abbreviations . .I worked our my own little system for making them up so I don't have to literally memorize every one, it's more of a systematic way of setting them up - in autocorrect I have a certain way for 3-word phrases, a certain way for 2-word phrases, a system for just abbreviations (MRI, EKG), a system for bacteria species, etc., then I just add to that accordingly and every day I still update it. Oh, and always back it somewhere so you never lose it - email it to yourself and keep it in a separate folder in case you ever have a computer meltdown. I have done it this way for years and it works very well for me.

Instant Text V Pro can be used with - ChartNet

[ In Reply To ..]
IT V Pro is compatible with it and you can add your shortcuts without using the mouse and you can import your list of shortcuts from your other expander program.

Expander programs - MT55

[ In Reply To ..]
This post should have gone on Tech Help board but I will give a shot and hope your post and my reply don't get moved but I use Shortcut and have for years -- it was one of the first programs that converted files from WP51 to Windows; however, with different companies and platforms -- Meditech in particular, it is NOT user friendly; however Meditech in and of itself is NOT user friendly Normally, with Shortcut if the platform is Word based you can put whole phrases in and it will work -- HTH (I also apologize for typos but a LONG day and work with company with no VR)

ShortCut for Windows since '98 - FlaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Been using this one for ages and it's always fit my needs. There's no limit and you can just about use it for everything.

The only exception I've found is that I make templates using fields, and this program doesn't seem to like those. If you want to make a template, but don't use fields, it will work just fine for you.

I've never used ChartNet but if it's like ChartScript, it should work fine together.

Shorthand has always been very compatible and easy - MissIndigo

[ In Reply To ..]
to learn. I love my Shorthand, which is very sophisticated and has a lot of functions I've never even used, but InstantText does have a dictionary building function a lot of people really like. Starting over, I'd probably go with Shorthand again.

Call the companies, if needed, to discuss compatibility.

Similar Messages:

Abbrev. ETO??
Nov 22, 2010

What is the meaning of ETO of Haldol or of Ativan.  What does ETO stand for.  I cannot find it on the internet. ...

ABBREV HELP ASAP
Aug 11, 2011

"We will plan to see the patient back and repeat "SQI's", CBC and CMP at that time."  SQI???  Patient with Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia, CLL, SLL, multiple myeloma and lymphoma.  THANK YOU ALL!!! ...

100 Most Popular Medications And Dosages
Jul 13, 2013

Does anyone know where I could find a list of the top 100 medications prescribed and their dosages?  Maybe one of you have such a list.  Hopeful! ...

Contrary To Popular Belief, The MT Field May
Aug 05, 2010

This is not a post for the newbie board, because I would like to address the experienced transcriptionists to talk ABOUT newbies. ("Address"? Is this a speech or something? ha ha) There was a thread on the newbie board recently concerning whether we (as experienced MTs) should be encouraging, or discouraging newbies, or whether it is any of our business at all what they do. The last word was that we should be kind to them, which we can all agree on. None of us like to see any newbie duped i ...

Swap Board....back? By Popular Demand?
Apr 06, 2015

Apparently, my team (lucky us) has been selected to participate in a pilot to bring back the Swap Board.  If my memory serves me correctly, it was a ginormous disaster the last time they tried to force it upon us.  This on top of the back log of work, mandatory overtime and switching accounts?  Really?  Am I in the Twilight Zone?   ugh...first resume sent last week...more to follow for sure. ...

This Sounded Familiar. It's A Quote From A Popular TV Series In The Late 1980s.
Nov 30, 2012

Episode Street of Shadows of The Twilight Zone series, originally aired 1/21/1989. CONSULTANT:  Very nice, very nice indeed. OWNER:  You’ll notice the growth in the 4th quarter profits. CONSULTANT:  Yeah, I can see that, but I still want the audit pushed through.  If there is any way we can cut back on expenses (salary, budget, personnel), do it. OWNER:  I have to tell you that there’s going to be some opposition.  They say they’re down to the ...

A Productive Morning :)
Apr 05, 2013

After working a half hour out of 2 hours of my shift, I am now sitting on the couch with my puppy leaving messages for TAA office, filing for unemployment and now talking with unemployment office while they figure out how the TAA petition works. I agree with the others who have said please call TAA.  He did not even want to know the details.  They already know what this company is doing.   ...

PScribe--What Productive Tool Is Best To Use?
Jan 21, 2011

That platform does not have a built in productive tool (expansions), and I was just wondering what everyone else uses. Thanks. ...

Archivus - Is Their Platform Productive?
Jul 11, 2011

Got an interview and I am so worried about their platform or platforms. I am so tired of being disappointed and unproductive on crap platforms. I have read that they are a good place to work. Would love info on that as well. Thanks!! ...

Having A Wonderful, Productive Pay Period So Far.
Jul 18, 2011

About $150.00 less than it would have been.  )frown( ...

How Can I Be More Productive Using VR.... What Are The Magic Keys???
Aug 24, 2012

What are the most important things I need to know?  This will be my first time trying VR... I have tried over the years to get away from it and finally it has caught up with me.  I have been a transcriptionist for 30+ years. ...

How Can I Be Very Productive Using EScription Platform
Aug 28, 2012

Only being paid 3.7 cpl.   I normally average 250 lines per hour straight typing.  I need to try and get that equivalent in pay.  TIA ...

Need Good Ideas On Being Productive With
Sep 14, 2012

Will be many different clinics.  I am accustomed to acute care only but this account will be about 70 percent clinic and 30 percent acute care.  TIA ...

Dictaphone Platform - Is This Productive?
Aug 13, 2014

How productive is Dictaphone platform for line count?   ...

Abbrev. S/l "GGT" For Eye Solution/drops. Brimonidine, Timolol, & Travatan.
Jul 19, 2010

nm ...

Any Current Info On Precyse? How About The Platform - Productive? SM
Oct 20, 2009

Also how about the benefits, especially insurance - do you feel they are a good deal for the price? Do you feel the way the PTO adds up is beneficial to the MT?  Does anyone know anything about the account that they are hiring for right now?  Thanks for anything you care to share.  ...

Instant Text - Word Glossary Productive For You?
Jan 07, 2010

Hi everybody, I have been utilizing Instant Text for about 6 months now, which has helped my production. However, I know there are many things I can do to update, improve my Instant Text glossaries.  I really do not use the Word glossary because I found that it was hard for me to look at both glossaries at the same time.  I mainly use the phrase glossary.  For Instant Text users, here are some of my questions: 1.  I mainly transcribe ED reports.  Do you think it is more productive to ...

Tips And Strategies To Help Stay Focused And Productive...
Apr 05, 2011

Hi all, I have to do a Powerpoint presentation this week in front of a group of MT students.  I would really appreciate it if you would be willing to share any tips or ideas that you may use that has helped you remain focused and productive while working in a home environment.  I've been an MT for over 20 years and worked from home for 14.  Other than the obvious strategies that I use like getting dressed, eating breakfast, turning the phnoe off, and dedicating workspace, I& ...

Can You Ever Get Productive On MModal In The Straight Typing Mode?
Dec 14, 2011

Can you ever get productive on MModal in the straight typing mode?  Having to ctl+N and Ctl+shift+N for every header just doesn't seem productive.  Can anyone make the same lph in MModal as they do in a decent platform?  Thanks.  I really don't understand the "brains" (or lack of them) behind these programmers than design these programs. ...

"pulsox" - Is This An Acceptable Abbrev Of Pulse Oximetry?
Nov 30, 2011

My speech rec continually transcribes "pulse ox" as "pulsox".  I have never seen it this way before -- thoughts on whether this is an acceptable format (since abbrevs are allowed) or should be changed to "pulse ox".   Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Work For Amphion Doing Radiology? Do You Feel You Can Be Productive On Pay-per-report P
Sep 06, 2010

Does your PTO add up quickly this way also? Please let me know and thank you for your time! ...

Expander
Nov 24, 2009

Does anybody know if the DocQscribe expander can transfer between different MTSOs?  I recently got a part-time job that is also on DQS platform and I don't want to have to start all over on my expanders at this new company.  My MQ expander file is quite large and years in the making.  Thank you. ...

ASR And Expander
Dec 24, 2009

The dictator says the same paragraph every time.  In ASR, do you have to weed through the whole paragraph, or can you use your expander?  If you can use your expansion, what do you do with the ASR paragraph?  ...

Expander Help??
Apr 10, 2010

Hi there!  I'm new to MQ and have a question about the built in work expander program.  How can you access it to put in new expansions/macros and NOT download jobs?  I hope this isn't too dumb of a question, but I'm getting desperate (: ...

Do You Use An Expander?
Aug 16, 2010

I've been doing transcription for 20+ years and have never used an expander program (such as Instant Text or Shorthand), except for what one can create with the Auto Text/Auto Correct functions in Word. I straight transcribe an average of 180-190 lph.  If I were to purchase an expander program, by how much do those of you who use expanders think I could increase my production? I'm thinking about getting the InstantText free trial and seeing how I do, but then decided to take a l ...

Expander In DQS
Sep 13, 2010

Can anyone tell me the best expander to use in DQS? What is everyone's preference? I have SH and before I renew, just wondered if there was one that worked better with DQS ...

Does Anyone Use An Expander For DQS
Sep 13, 2010

I asked this before and got no response, does anyone use an expander for DQS and if so, which one? This is not for MQ (luckily)? Thanks, appreciate the help. ...

IT Expander
Nov 18, 2011

Does anyone still use IT expander with MQ?  Mine is outdated and since I have a new computer I would like to purchase a new IT expander but just want to make sure if it still works. TIA ...

Best Expander...sm
Feb 27, 2013

Most of my reports are done on Word 2010.  I recently learned after having problems with the AutoCorrect shutting down Word every time I misspelled something in my AutoCorrect entry list that AutoCorrect has a limit to how many entries you can add.    Just wondering what the best expander is.  I have Windows 7 and don't plan on upgrading to 8 right now.  Any suggestions (pros and cons especially) would be appreciated. ...

Does Anyone Have A Word Expander?
Nov 03, 2009

Does anyone have a word expander? and how are they and do they work good. I need to get one. How much do they cost? ...