A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Instant Text - Word glossary productive for you? - siren

Posted: Jan 07, 2010

Hi everybody, I have been utilizing Instant Text for about 6 months now, which has helped my production. However, I know there are many things I can do to update, improve my Instant Text glossaries.  I really do not use the Word glossary because I found that it was hard for me to look at both glossaries at the same time.  I mainly use the phrase glossary.  For Instant Text users, here are some of my questions: 1.  I mainly transcribe ED reports.  Do you think it is more productive to have one big glossary for this work type, or since my physicians do say things a little differently, to have separate glossaries for each physician? 2.  Do you find using the Word glossary productive for you?  If so, what sort of things do you have in your Word glossary? If you want you could e-mail me with your answers or suggestions.  I am trying to start the new year off right to be more productive throughout the year. Thank you all so much!    

I only like to look at the phrases side, too. SM - IT fan

[ In Reply To ..]
I have an Include glossary with single words on the phrases side. The full word is the short form. I rarely type out a full word that is 5 or more letters. The only difference from the Words side is that you have to type the first two letters instead of only one and then you can skip letters to bring up the word with the jump ahead feature. I found a little program on Productivity Talk that converts a list of words to the phrases side. You can do a search for the program, which is called ABCreate.

Thank you IT fan - siren

[ In Reply To ..]
It appears we think alike -- lol! For some reasons my mind cannot process both the phrase and word glossaries at the same time; also, I did not like using two marker keys. So you basically have everything (single words, two-word phrases, and larger phrases) all in your phrases? This is what I have too. Would you mind if we e-mailed back and forth a little I would like to pick your brain some. :-)

You're welcome. I won't be at the computer much for the next week s/m - IT fan

[ In Reply To ..]
or so, but you can do a web search for Productivity Talk and read through the Instant Text commands forum there. That's where I picked up some great tips.
Again - siren
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you sooo much!

Customizing Instant Text - Marianne Kleen

[ In Reply To ..]
You can have Instant Text just show the Phrase advisory by unchecking the Word advisory under Options/Screen Elements

If you have a Word list that you want to add to the Phrase advisory you can, as mentioned, use the ABCreate program. You can also use the Importer.

The Importer Workshop under the Words tab creates dedicated short forms that can be the first 4 letters and the last 3 letters of the word.

Instant Text glossaries are text files. With some editing in UltraEdit you can also create a file that uses the whole word as a short form.

If you need help, you can always contact me.

Marianne
Textware Solutions

Similar Messages:

Instant Text Glossary Issues
Aug 20, 2013

My power went out twice.  The last time, I got back on line and now, my IT glossary is giving me a message the glossary file is incorrect.   Attempt to open Glossary fails It is a window that refused to go away.  I restored my system to before this event.  I need to repair the glossary but cannot open IT. Does anyone have any ideas?  Work awaits and since I am night shift in radiology, the pressure is on. (especially since power was out for 3 hours).   Thank y ...

Instant Text 7 Pro - Help With Backing Up Glossary
May 07, 2014

I'm getting a new computer. Can some kind soul please tell me how to back up my glossary file to another file so that I can transfer it to a zip drive? I know how to copy to and from a zip drive, I just can't seem to isolate the file I need to transfer. About to run amok. ...

Instant Text Pro - Transfer Glossary To Another Computer
Nov 26, 2011

Does anyone know if you can transfer your Intant Text Pro glossary to another computer without the disk?  My computer is about ready to die but I have huge glossary that I am afraid I will have to restart plus buy a whole new disk.   Any suggestions would be appreciated.     ...

Instant Text 7 Pro: Anyone Know How To Disable An Unwanted Glossary?
Apr 30, 2013

I only want to use the glossary of terms that I've established on IT (and works really well for me), but I'm unable to disable the Medstart glossary that came with IT. Even though they're separate glossaries and my glossary is the highlighted one for use, Medstart is over-riding mine. Example: For capital B, it types out "blood." Please, please, MAKE IT STOP! Can anyone save my sanity? ...

Instant Text Date Glossary Update
Jan 04, 2015

I use Instant Text and in the past I have been able to open the dates glossaries, do a find and replace with the new year and then save the glossary - I have forgotten exactly how I did that and all I can find on the Instant Text website is a new way to create a new dates glossary (which is too confusing for me...see above - getting too old for this).  If you know how to do this, can you post the instructions here?  Maybe others are looking to do the same thing...... ...

Newbie Acute Care/Instant Text/glossary Creation Question
May 21, 2010

Hi there - Well, I've just begun on a great acute care account and I'm pretty excited about it.  Here is my newbie question concerning the use of Instant Text and creating glossaries... Previously, when I had worked on a general clinic account, I had created glossaries for the 5 individual docs I worked with based on a few days' worth of each of their dictations.  It really helped pick up on their individual idiosyncracies in the way they dictated their patient visits. ...

Instant Text - My Glossary Is "incorrect"
Jan 14, 2010

Hi - My IT is great but for some reason it keeps telling me that my glossary is "incorrect."  I can still use the IT with my transcription program and can add entries, etc.  I just don't get it.  What exactly is "incorrect?"  My only thought on this is that I had copied something out of my transcription program from an E-mail (from the company) for an entry and ever since then it started doing this.  Anyone think this might be the reason or actually know the answer please let me know. ...

Word Expander Other Than Instant Text
Jan 27, 2011

Are there any other expansion programs that lets you use the same keyword for multilple entries like Instant Text does?  For example, CVA could be either cerebrovascular accident or cardiovascular accident... ...

Instant Text And Word Autocorrect??
Jul 13, 2011

I was just offered a job and the company uses Instant Text as their expander. I have over 1900 entries in Word's autocorrect in the MSO1033.acl file. This has probably been asked and answered a thousand times over, but can't seem to locate the results: Can I take my Word autocorrect and import the entries into Instant Text without have to copy and paste them in individually? I know many of the MTs do use Instant Text. If you can, could you tell me how difficult it is, if it is? Thanks ...

Converting Word Autocorrect Into Instant Text
Nov 07, 2011

Could someone tell me if there is a way to convert your autocorrects from word into instant text so that I can use them in emdat?  Thank you!!! ...

Word Expanders - Instant Text, Or ShorCut By Sylvan Is The Best?
Apr 21, 2011

Does anyone have any ideas on whether Instant Text, or ShorCut by Sylvan is the best? ...

Word Autocorrect File Imported To Instant Text V BUT!!!
Jul 23, 2011

I followed the instructions of a poster below for importing my .acl autocorrect to Instant Text V via the importer. It seemed to go. The question I have now is when I open Instant Text on the bottom right I see glossaries, the first glossary is for the transcription department of the company I will be working for. Then the second position shows my MSO1033.acl. When I highlight that, all my entries are there. But when I close the program and then open again, the MSO file is not there, and I have ...

Cannot Link Instant Text Pro V To BeyonText (word 2009)
Aug 10, 2011

I am having problems with Instant Text linking to my word program.  I just started w Transcend and they use Beyond Text as their wp.  I am using the trial version of IT Pro V and cannot get it to link.  The red light will not go off and when i press on the up arrow to link the program nothing happens.  I thought it might be b/c the same command to link is also a command in BT but the arrow wont even work.  Help!  If I cannot even link the program how can I use it! I ...

Instant Text, Shorthand, Fast Fox, Smart Type, Word Autocorrect
Apr 25, 2012

Need help choosing a new word expander!  TIA!  :) ...

Instant Text - How Do You Bold Text?
Dec 07, 2011

I'm new to IT and have a question:  How do you bold text?  I went into "Edit" and see several options but not for bolding. Yes, it's probably in the manual but I'm on the clock right now so hope someone will post it here. Thanks! ...

Help With Instant Text
Oct 14, 2009

Anyone have any good websites for Instant text tutorial or questions?  I did read through productivity talk and did find what I needed.  I have not used this software in years.  I use autotext, but I would like to use the line counting software that comes wtih IT.  I am trying to figure out a short cut to copying text, right clicking on IT , clipboard statistics, and logging each note. Any thoughts on how to do this with keystrokes and NOT the mouse? I am using Scribe Editor ...

Instant Text And VR
Sep 18, 2010

Just wondered about what you all think is the best expander to use with VR. I used to use Shorthand up to a couple of years ago and now work with Instant Text. It seems to me that Shorthand is very very popular with the VR crowd. Does anyone use Instant Text successfully with VR? The version of IT I have (V  Pro) does not have the recording functions and the ability to use shortcuts (like Alt+ and Control+) like Shorthand does. Nor is there there an ability to record commands or key combina ...

Instant Text V
Feb 08, 2011

I was wondering if anybody working on the DQS system is able to use Instant Text V  and if so, how did you convert it over ?  Thank you for any help. Donna ...

Does Anybody Use Instant Text?
Apr 06, 2011

Does anybody use Instant Text?  I just started using it and CANNOT figure out how to get "-year-old" to expand without a space in front of the first hyphen.  I am ready to scream!  Please help!  ...

Instant Text V Pro Help
May 08, 2011

I am having issues with linking Instant Text V Pro with eScription.  The greenlight is on saying that it is linked, but I am not able to get any of my keystrokes to work.  If anyone is familiar on how to do this please let me know.  I would really appreciate it.  Thanks!! ...

Help! Anyone Using Instant Text, Etc...
May 16, 2012

This was transferred to the tech forum last night but isn't a tech question: How are MTs naming their short forms now, for example for shortform "ncat" (normocephalic atraumatic) do you use "ncat" or do you use "ncatx"? Thanks. ...

Instant Text 7 Pro
May 12, 2013

Is there a limit to how many entries you can put in this program?  TIA ...

Instant Text
Feb 07, 2015

Has anyone used Instant Text with EMdat/Inscribe? Does it work okay with it? ...

Instant Text Pro 7
Apr 12, 2015

I would like to know if anyone on here uses the Bayscribe platform in IE and uses the Instant Text word expander..  I have Instant Text V and it does not connect, so I am wondering if anyone that has the upgraded version can connect.  Thank you! ...

Help With Instant Text And Emdat
Oct 14, 2009

I am trying to use Instant Text with Emdat. I know it is supposed to work, but for some reason it isn't. The shortcuts don't expand, the "period" key doesn't work. The spacebar only makes a space if I hit it twice. Has this happened to anyone else. Any ideas?  ...

HELP! Instant Text With EScription VR And The ALT+. -
Oct 27, 2009

This is the stroke to insert a period and space and cap for the new sentence but it is also the IT stroke for linking.  How do I get rid of this link combo so I can actually be productive on my EditScrpt on eScription?    TY!  ...

Inscribe And Instant Text
Nov 10, 2009

Is is possible to use Instant Text V Pro with the Inscribe platform?  Thanks ...

Editscript 8 & Instant Text
Feb 05, 2010

Is there a way to make Editscript 8 and Instant Text work together?  If not, what expanders work with Editscript 8?  Thanks a whole bunch in advance ...

SHORTHAND 10 Vs INSTANT TEXT
Feb 22, 2010

nm ...

Instant Text Or SpeedType?
Mar 16, 2010

I just got a new computer, Windows 7 64-bit and my SmartType does not work.  I need a new program and I was looking at Instant Text and SpeedType.  Does anybody have those and which one is better????  Appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!! Lori ...