A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

A productive morning :) - FDMT

Posted: Apr 05, 2013

After working a half hour out of 2 hours of my shift, I am now sitting on the couch with my puppy leaving messages for TAA office, filing for unemployment and now talking with unemployment office while they figure out how the TAA petition works.

I agree with the others who have said please call TAA.  He did not even want to know the details.  They already know what this company is doing.

?? - Poohella

[ In Reply To ..]
So were you one laid off? You said you worked 1/2 hour..can you file with TAA even if you still have your job?

Not Laid Off. Yes, you can still file. - FDMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Some states file differently, so you need to check.

Per the - Taa

[ In Reply To ..]
he told me to tell you all to call the national number and they will get you in touch with the right person in your region.

?? - poohella

[ In Reply To ..]
But I need to be making 20% less than I was? correct?
yes - that
[ In Reply To ..]
is true.
So if you have NJA 1 day a week, that's 20%. - ?questions
[ In Reply To ..]
Is there an amount of time you need to see reduction?
You - have
[ In Reply To ..]
to be 20% less from when the work started going overseas and it affected you. For me it was October when they sent a bunch of work there. They wanted what I was making last year versus this year's wages. They figures last years average weekly wage with this year's and it was over 20% less. They will guide you through it all.

Just left a message for return call from TAA - JL

[ In Reply To ..]
Hopefully they will be able to help me. I've been applying all day for jobs but no calls so far. I'm afraid it's going to be hard with so many looking for transcription work right now.
It may - not
[ In Reply To ..]
be today, but they will call you back. I imagine they are pretty busy today with MModal people.
MMODAL - Mindy
[ In Reply To ..]
what exactly is TAA, I HAVE NEVER HEARD ABOUT THIS. Please explain
See the posts below - see inside
[ In Reply To ..]
See the post entitled "Here's a good explanation of TAA" Then when you go to your local UE office, tell them you qualify for TAA and the MModal petition number is 81128. The word is getting out to the regional offices this week and by now they should all be familiar with MModal and what is going on. I wonder if the Mod could put a sticky since so many are asking about this?
Response to Just left a message for return call from TAA - KyraK
[ In Reply To ..]
I really need to know what TAA stands for...I am 2 months shy of my 62nd birthday and hope to retire. If I get laid off now, I will be homeless for my 62nd birthday. :(
TAA - see link - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.doleta.gov/tradeact/pdf/2011_brochure.pdf

Similar Messages:

PScribe--What Productive Tool Is Best To Use?
Jan 21, 2011

That platform does not have a built in productive tool (expansions), and I was just wondering what everyone else uses. Thanks. ...

Archivus - Is Their Platform Productive?
Jul 11, 2011

Got an interview and I am so worried about their platform or platforms. I am so tired of being disappointed and unproductive on crap platforms. I have read that they are a good place to work. Would love info on that as well. Thanks!! ...

Having A Wonderful, Productive Pay Period So Far.
Jul 18, 2011

About $150.00 less than it would have been.  )frown( ...

How Can I Be More Productive Using VR.... What Are The Magic Keys???
Aug 24, 2012

What are the most important things I need to know?  This will be my first time trying VR... I have tried over the years to get away from it and finally it has caught up with me.  I have been a transcriptionist for 30+ years. ...

How Can I Be Very Productive Using EScription Platform
Aug 28, 2012

Only being paid 3.7 cpl.   I normally average 250 lines per hour straight typing.  I need to try and get that equivalent in pay.  TIA ...

Need Good Ideas On Being Productive With
Sep 14, 2012

Will be many different clinics.  I am accustomed to acute care only but this account will be about 70 percent clinic and 30 percent acute care.  TIA ...

Dictaphone Platform - Is This Productive?
Aug 13, 2014

How productive is Dictaphone platform for line count?   ...

Most Productive/popular Abbrev Expander?
Oct 21, 2009

The company I work for is changing over to ChartNet, with its ExpandText expander. I don't like that it has no way of adding/creating new shortcuts without using the mouse. The expander I use now is not compatible with ChartNet, and I'm wondering which expander is used by the majority of MTs....has no limit to the number of expansions/abbrevs it can hold, etc. Would welcome any suggestions. Thinking about Shorthand, but wondering what most MTs are using. ...

Any Current Info On Precyse? How About The Platform - Productive? SM
Oct 20, 2009

Also how about the benefits, especially insurance - do you feel they are a good deal for the price? Do you feel the way the PTO adds up is beneficial to the MT?  Does anyone know anything about the account that they are hiring for right now?  Thanks for anything you care to share.  ...

Instant Text - Word Glossary Productive For You?
Jan 07, 2010

Hi everybody, I have been utilizing Instant Text for about 6 months now, which has helped my production. However, I know there are many things I can do to update, improve my Instant Text glossaries.  I really do not use the Word glossary because I found that it was hard for me to look at both glossaries at the same time.  I mainly use the phrase glossary.  For Instant Text users, here are some of my questions: 1.  I mainly transcribe ED reports.  Do you think it is more productive to ...

Tips And Strategies To Help Stay Focused And Productive...
Apr 05, 2011

Hi all, I have to do a Powerpoint presentation this week in front of a group of MT students.  I would really appreciate it if you would be willing to share any tips or ideas that you may use that has helped you remain focused and productive while working in a home environment.  I've been an MT for over 20 years and worked from home for 14.  Other than the obvious strategies that I use like getting dressed, eating breakfast, turning the phnoe off, and dedicating workspace, I& ...

Can You Ever Get Productive On MModal In The Straight Typing Mode?
Dec 14, 2011

Can you ever get productive on MModal in the straight typing mode?  Having to ctl+N and Ctl+shift+N for every header just doesn't seem productive.  Can anyone make the same lph in MModal as they do in a decent platform?  Thanks.  I really don't understand the "brains" (or lack of them) behind these programmers than design these programs. ...

Does Anyone Work For Amphion Doing Radiology? Do You Feel You Can Be Productive On Pay-per-report P
Sep 06, 2010

Does your PTO add up quickly this way also? Please let me know and thank you for your time! ...

NJA - Anyone Else This Morning????
Dec 01, 2009

x ...

Always NJA In Morning
Jan 30, 2010

I'm getting so tired of having a report or two, then NJA, then while waiting another report comes, then NJA, etc., etc., early in my shift.  Sure, we have been encouraged to just check back later on and work then.  I really don't know why they suggest or even allow this to happen.  When you log on during another shift, all you're doing is taking work from those folks who normall work then.  They in turn are then told to work later too and this cycle of NJA just ...

NJA This Morning Anyone?
Jun 17, 2010

Already, and on a Thursday!  Northeast ...

After Seeing The Ad This Morning For The IC And They
Jan 02, 2012

only want to pay 8 cpl on top of requiring a foot pedal and specific software, has anyone ever emailed these places to tell them how absolutely ridiculous it is for them to expect us to buy a footpedal and specific software when the pay is low?  Just curious. ...

No Work This Morning -- Again.
Nov 16, 2009

No work again.  How many other people are OUT of work??? I hope no one. ...

Is There Anyone Actually Working This Morning?
Nov 27, 2009

I think I have not worked on a Friday morning, the day after Thanksgiving, for the last 4 years because of NO JOBS AVAILABLE. ...

No Jobs Available This Morning
Jan 01, 2010

It was slow last night too.  I had to work back to back for the holiday with no holiday pay late last night while others were celebrating around the neighborhood.  Then at midnight when I got off work, it was just in time to see all the fireworks go off in the neighborhood. I wonder if no jobs available will be all day long!!! ...

My DD Is In The Bank This Morning
Jan 11, 2010

nm ...

UGH... This Is A 4 Tums Morning
Apr 03, 2010

I am sick to death of typing on accounts not in my BOB!  This is the 4th one already and I am only an hour into my shift. There are no samples in the repositry, there are no jobs that come up under the dictator look up feature... I keep stuffing down the Tums, wondering why in the heck I was forced to do weekend hours when there is no work in my accounts on the weekend. I HATE THIS.  How do you all do it?  Who put me in this "helper pool" in the first place? ...

Where Is Everyone This Morning? I Did Not Get My Check. Sm
May 10, 2010

Well, to the poster below in ESL garbage land, first let me say.  I too was in that same place 2 weeks ago.  An addition to my regular account, but it was all I was getting and NOT getting my OP notes at all.   The reports were not more than 20 lines usually, but I spent much, much time in trying to decipher and be FTR.  My CCM was very good about it, and told me it would be taken off and I would not have to do that account any longer.   Of course, I wish I had ...

No Jobs Available In My BOB For This Morning.
May 17, 2010

x ...

Anybody Having Problems With DQS This Morning? - Nm
Jun 28, 2010

xx ...

Glorious Morning
Jun 09, 2010

Up too late last night fighting with the husband, get up this morning draaaaagging.  Find I have no Internet or phone.  Call the cable people.  Finally get signed on and lo and behold NO JOBS AVAILABLE.  My calendar must be wrong.  This must be Friday the 13th. ...

Responded To A Job Ad On Here This Morning But....
Aug 30, 2010

Job ad disappeared from this site...any idea why that would be??  ...

Only 10:30 AM, Monday Morning, And Already I Could Use A (sm)
Nov 01, 2010

STIFF drink after finishing an operative report on an AMERICAN doctor that I could barely understand because he apparently thinks that he is the roadrunner and wants to see how fast he can dictate.  WHEW, hopefully the day will get better??? ...

So I Took The Test This Morning For TCI
Nov 23, 2010

Needless to say, I will not be working for them.  When I come across doctors who actually care to slow down and speak clearly, that will be the right company for me.  I swear I understood about every fifth word these awful dictators said.  And they were not ESL!!  Very irritating! ...

Still Down As Of 10:30 This Morning Pacific !
Sep 27, 2011

It's now a little after 2 p.m. and still no go - ...