A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

WHOA - how come when I type 1 letter on the subject line of my company email, ANYTHING I posted on M - holycrap!

Posted: May 18, 2012

Went to reply to a company email and typed the letter "M" when a list of phrases i've used on here showed.    Some type of spyware????  

could just be IE Autofill - slave wages

[ In Reply To ..]
I can see a list of them too when I click on the Subject field, when posting here.

Posts here, or entries on any other site, should NOT show up in email subject - NoLongerAnon

[ In Reply To ..]
Even auto-fill and PW/site "remember" settings would not save random data you've entered, or comments you've posted ANYWHERE on the internet or locally on your computer.

If this is keylogger (tracking) software, you would never have seen it installed. It can be remote "pushed", or sent via email.

If text you enter on this site is showing up in work email subject, there's the potential that sensitive patient data keyed in locally could ALSO be retained and show up as auto-fill in an entry window.

If you are using regular personal email to receive work email, this could possibly be the cause (though not likely). If you're using the company web email client or Exchange, it's not a 'glitch' or 'coincidence.

Use "Private Browsing" in Internet Explorer for everything but work; it doesn't save data, and cookies are not retained.

A good search engine to use, one that does not retain ANY information (the complete opposite of Google) is ixquick dot com. Good to use for personal browsing, personal email checking, etc.

Similar Messages:

Whoa ... Did Any Of You Get That Email From The TSM
Jan 06, 2014

Mandatory night and weekend schedule changes, beginning immediately for every person on this BOB, but that this is currently becoming a company-wide requirement.  Calls for schedule changes are going out this week and everyone has been asked to begin getting prepared to make the switch and to have talks with families about the upcoming work schedule changes.  The fewer nights and weekends you currently work, the sooner you will be contacted about making the switch. Switches to other re ...

Whoa Whoa Whoa, Enough With The RadMT Bashing Already
Jul 12, 2011

75 cents to a dollar may be good for BEGINNING RadMTs, but it is hardly fair for a RadMT who has been doing it for 10 years or more!  When they offer an acute care MT 5 or 6 cents a line, people lose their minds!  Actually, I have seen mobs lose their minds when offered 7 or 8 cents!  So why should we settle?  $1.20 is hardly fair when you have been making more than $1.50!  Literally, some of us lost thousands of dollars a year!  Personally I started out makin ...

Whoa, What Is Happening To The Company Board?
Jan 25, 2013

nm ...

Possible 3 Cent A Line Paycut But WHOA I Get AHDI And
Mar 02, 2010

After sleeping on this.  I am so mad that my hands are shaking.  I have WONDERFUL reference material of my own - printed, online and software.  What are they GIVING me?  So to those of us who have a certain client who is KNOWN for poor audio CONSTANTLY, popping, hissing, squealing, fading in and out -- not to mention the over abundance of ESL dictators who not only cannot speak English but eat, yawn and whistle while they are dictating -- we have been told for all ...

Did Anyone Get Their Letter In The Email Yet From MQ?
Nov 12, 2009

Received a letter from MQ.  Basically it is a thank you letter of how my efforts are paying off for MQ.  How we had to adapt to change over the past 3-4 years.  About off-shoring and basically how a survey will be coming in 2010.   The company basically appreciates us, however, SHOW ME THE MONEY!!  Instead, we get money taken away over the years and yet, they appreciate us. Overall, the letter was well written.  Tell me what you think?  I am glad they appreci ...

Someone In Our Facebook Group Posted An Email From Our Instructor
Sep 06, 2014

saying we will be back on track in the program next week and have several chapters and power points ready to go.    Just thought I would pass on the good news to you guys.  ...

MRI Job Posted By Linda Rr.com Is Not A Company?
Aug 31, 2010

http://forum.mtstars.com/263430.html   Does anyone or a moderator have any information on this place or company?  Well it does not seem to be a company.  Thanks ...

Any Comments On Company GTS That Just Posted For MTs?
Aug 28, 2014

a ...

How To Type Book Reference In Letter Form?
Mar 06, 2012

Letter to insurance saying why procedure is needed. In body, he references this book.  How to type? Perez and Brady's Principle and Practice of Radiation Oncology, fifth edition, radiation oncology textbook, page 1622, also states ...

Clear Choice Transcription - QA Position Posted On MTstars From This Company
Feb 10, 2011

I was sent a contract and letter of hire for the QA position posted on MTstars from this company.  Can anyone give me any current information on this company? TIA  ...

Anyone Answer Ad Posted In March For Company STAT Transcription, Inc--be Aware
Jun 14, 2013

I sent my resume in and just heard back last week asking if I was still interested. She sent a brief little word document with some account specs, cpl and paydates--no contract, HIPAA agreement, etc. I did three voice files the first day. She sent back a copy of my transcription, supposedly with corrections, but there were no QA markings or corrections. I did 15 voice files the next day and again she sent back a copy of my transcription with no obvious corrections. I asked her how I was sup ...

Letter In The Mail: Why MQ Is The Best Company To Work For
Nov 13, 2009

I think that is the letter many of you are referring to.  They could have just sent me the cost of the letter instead of sending one, even if it is only around 55 cents.  Think about is 55 cents x thousands of employees..... thats a chunck of change.  The letter outlined why MQ is the best company to work for and how they are glad I chose MQ as my employer.  This just seems like an attempt to keep us, very stupid, but they have had loads of people up and quit just in the last ...

Masters In Word Please Help! Each Line Starts With Capital Letter-need To Edit!
Oct 17, 2014

Hoping there are some masters in Microsoft Word on the board today. I have a document to edit that was originally a poem, and each line starts with a capital letter, i.e.: I went to the Store and bought Some milk. I need to go through and lower-case the words in the document that need to be (Store=store, Some=some). Does anyone know any tips/tricks/shortcuts that will help me do this quicker? I thought of find and replace, but some of the words actually do start a sentence in othe ...

LINE RATES - A Company That Offers 7.6 Cpl On A 50 Character Line
Nov 14, 2010

I am starting with a company that offers 7.6 cpl on a 50 character line.  Is this good and what does it equal money wise on a 65 character line rate?   Thanks in advance. ...

NJA -not To Change The Subject... But Anyone Else
Mar 20, 2014

running out of work AGAIN!!!! ...

Little Giggle On The Painful Subject
Jul 11, 2011

Found this on an educational site.  Made me giggle a little.  How accurate is this?  My favorite is the first line in the 2nd paragraph and the last line of the 3rd.  Ya, right. Medical transcription jobs are forecasted to increase 11% from 2008 until 2018.  This increase in jobs is greater than average for other occupations.  As the average age of the population increases, the demand for transcriptionist services will also increase.  Older ...

Bringing The Qualified Text (QT) Subject Over Here.
Jan 14, 2012

I am under the impression that QT is canned text that we bring into the report and add text at certain spots when the dictator specifies? I used to do a lot of ophthalmology reports. Surgeon would say: Please insert my normal phacoemulsification with IOL implant. Then they would dictate which eye, how many diopters, model and size of lens, etc. Does QT also sometimes just show up on the report that comes up and then we just add what is dictated? How long does it take to bring in the QT? Than ...

How Do We Know What Company "J" Is On Part-time Ad Posted? - Nm
Feb 29, 2012

n/m ...

MS WORD HELP. Will Not Begin Sentence With First Letter In All Caps Anymore, Also The Letter "
Dec 20, 2009

A few weeks ago, for no reason that I can find, I cannot get the first letter of a sentence to be in all caps automatically, (unless I do it manually.)  The same for the letter " I " by itself when typed.   It was always automatic and now all of a sudden it is doing this and I cannot figure out how to change it back. Has anybody else had this problem, if so, how did you fix it? Thanks, appreciate the help ...

Email At This Company
Mar 12, 2013

Ipswitch is ridiculous!  I can't believe working for a company that has to rely on internet heavily to do what we do is this shoddy about their email systems.  It is not working more than it is!  Unbelievable! ...

Could Someone Please Tell Me The Line Rate At OTI? Email Me If You Like
Jan 17, 2013

I am to the point I'll take anything.  ...

Type "Letter, Dated 08/12/09, States...." Or "A Letter, Dated 08/12/09, States...&quo
Apr 21, 2010

Can anyone tell me what the more preferred way to type the above sentence would be?   Also, should I not use commas before "dated" and after the date or should I just straight type it "The report dated 08/12/09 states...."  We have a few different opinions in the office (which only dictated and have somewhat poor use of the English language) and I would like to see what you, the MT community, thinks.   Thanks! ...

Got Letter Saying "not Making Line Count"
Aug 18, 2010

I just got an e-mail from my supervisor saying this today. I have been having a hard time making 192 lines per hour on SR reports.  That is way over what I was hired to do at 127.5 lines per hour. Now they say SR reports are counted as 2/3 of a line, so we should really be doing 192 lines per hour if they are SR reports. In addition, one patient had the wrong birthdate on the patient panel. Next report, the patient's name, SS, & DOB missing.  I had to search through lookup. ...

Email From Company Advertising 5 Cpl For Transcription!
Jan 13, 2012

I cannot believe these MTSOs sprouting up, offering transcription for 5 cpl AND free trials, who advertise as though they are usingUS-based MTs but are obviously using third world slave labor and driving our salaries down even further.... I use only US-based and would rather go out of business then give them my business.... ...

Why Does This Company Email Program Time Me Out?
Jul 26, 2012

I'll have the email program open and about 30 minutes or so later, it'll log me out.  What gives? ...

Is There A Company- Wide Email Directory Somewhere?
Nov 02, 2012

Since they changed the email system, we only have access to email addresses we save. ...

Has Your Company Ever Responded To Posts On Here Via Email?
Feb 15, 2013

I was just wondering if some of these companies read what people say and perhaps, a BIG maybe, they take it into consideration.  Has your company ever sent a group email out about something they read on here?  I know at Landmark, one time a long time ago, someone came on here and made accusations that she was not paid by them.  The owner send an email to us, letting us know that she was an upset former employee and they have never not paid anyone, ever.  Just wondering if oth ...

Whoa ... The Work Is Totally WIPED OUT...
Jan 01, 2014

I checked the work load last night before bed to see if I would have much to do this morning.  There was a TON ... as in, every account in the western region looked backed up, not just my accounts.  I checked 5 minutes ago and there are less than 20 facilities with work.  I've noticed this exact same thing on other holidays too.  I honestly don't think the global employees could've knocked out that much work overnight.  I doubt it seriously.  What I ...

Does This Type Of MT Company Exist?
Feb 08, 2014

Does anyone out there actually work for any MT company that gives you praise or positive feedback?  Does anyone work for a company that says, "Thank you" or "Good job"? I know these MT companies wont hesitate to call you out on errors or mistakes or call you day and night to log in and work....but does anyone actually work for a company who appreicates them?  I am just curious if there really is an MT company who truly and genuinely appreciates its workers. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of This Company MRT Babble Type
May 11, 2011

Has anyone ever did work for this company? MRT Babbly Type previously MRT Service I did some work, they were offering $1 per audio minute (I was skeptical) and they continue to email about working on projects (but I didn't) the minute I asked about payment for the work I did I never heard from them again. I'm just curious to know has anyone else did work for this company and got/or didn't get paid. ...