Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Do you have any idea how much in fees you would - rack up going out on interviews SM

Posted: May 22nd, 2019 - 9:26 pm In Reply to: There is such a thing as public transportation, taxis and Uber - anon

to various employment agencies around town? Only to find out the wonderful job they advertised on their site is a complete failure for you? Let's say you go to 3 agencies a week; one ride there, one ride back for each. Let's guesstimate it's maybe 10 miles from your house. That's going to be about a $15 ride with fare, tip, and booking fee. Don't even consider getting caught in a traffic jam for wait time or a take different route. So $30 wasted on an agency interview that didn't pan out. Go on 3 of those trips in a week job searching for only one job at a time = $90 minimum.

If you're out going to various employment agencies or any other places in a day, that's going to add up fast unless you've hired a dedicated driver for a few hours.

Uber - do you know that you have to get on the app and change/add a destination before you get there? You cant just tell a driver "quick, stop here, let me run in and ask if I can drop off a resume, and would you mind waiting if they have time to talk to me."

I've done Uber in a large metro area. I know what the fees are and it's not always a viable option to go looking for work. That $90 you just pissed away with no job options could have gone toward your rent and now how are you going to make it up?

Now think about the bite that takes out of your paycheck if you're using uber or cabs to go back and forth to work. That's a bare minimum $20 a day and what if you only work 4 to 6 hours or get let go early that day?

** I looked up on the uber estimate site the cost for one-way trip to my hairdresser 8.3 miles away is $12.68 and figure in a 15% tip is about $2, so almost $15. That's for one of their small cars. If nobody else is available to pick you up at the time you request a ride and you have to make that appointment on time you might be forced to take the large car option which I think was about $28.

See how it's not always the easy answer that some of you like to throw in peoples' faces.

Signed,

Devil's Advocate

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)