Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

anon - I would suggest to you

Posted: May 24th, 2019 - 9:05 am In Reply to: I would suggest then - anon

That you just quit reading these posts and move along. Obviously your situation is different and apparently much better than others on this thread.

I live in a "town," but it's small and there really aren't any good job opportunities here. I have always worked, also, and worked at jobs where I had to drive over 30 miles one way to get there. I happen to live on land that is paid for with a low mortgage. Why would I move to a larger city to an apartment or house with higher rates, more traffic, more headaches? Even if I wanted to move, I couldn't afford to...1st, last, security deposit on just living arrangements, then electric, water, phone, etc. I can barely pay the bills I have to pay, all of which are things I cannot NOT pay, and have to go to food banks and try to find really, really good bogo deals to get food because I don't have enough left over to go "real" grocery shopping (that throws the "they must not have to buy groceries, etc." out the window!)

Obviously, people in the boonies have to go to the doctor, get meds (if they can afford meds), but they carefully plan the trips to take care of as much as possible in 1 trip, rather than multiple trips. Maybe some of those in the boonies have chronic conditions and have to go to their doctors often, which would cost too much with public transportation, and if that's the case, there probably isn't much left to spend on looking for jobs that you think are so plentiful and so easy to get

How dare you tell people whose situations you know nothing about to "put on their panties and learn to deal with life the way it is?" I think they're already dealing with it and your snotty, know-it-all, better than thou remarks are truly unnecessary.

I hope you find yourself in a situation one day where you will need to "put your panties on and learn to deal with life the way it is" and when you do, please don't come to this board for advice, help, venting, etc.

Have a nice day now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)