Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I would suggest then - anon

Posted: May 23rd, 2019 - 10:05 am In Reply to: Everyone who can't quit... - give up trying to explain why

I for one keep seeing the same whines. First one is "Why can't I find a decent job?" Well because the majority of the MTSO's are in bed with Nuance. There are still decent companies that offer straight typing (which is what I have) with no affiliation with Nuance or VDI. The jobs ARE out there, but the majority of us that have them are not leaving them and our companies are small with no dedicated HR department. I pounded the pavement until I found the companies I work for and while they are not perfect, they suit my needs. There are way too many people who have come on here asking for names of companies and it's like it is almost expected for us that have relatively decent jobs to hand over those names. It's not that I wouldn't like to give out names, but again, smaller companies with really no dedicated HR department. I think a lot of people assume that EVERY MTSO has a "dedicated HR department" and a lot of them do not.

As far as "I live out in the boonies," Well, you were the one that made that choice. I've moved to lots of places in my life, some rural and some more urban, but I have always had a job; sometimes not in MT. In making that choice, you need to realize that with the implementation of VR, (which most MTSOs are now), you're going to probably have to settle for the lower wages. Many years ago, and early in my MT career, I moved to an area where there was no internet (it was still kind of in the infancy stages), it was 40 miles to the nearest big grocery store and nearest "big town," population 3000. Well, I got my CNA certification and chose to drive 80 miles round trip to at that time, have a decent job.

People have to make their own choices. If you're not happy with your situation then try to do something to improve it but until then, put on your panties and learn to deal with life the way it is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)