Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

There is such a thing as public transportation, taxis and Uber - anon

Posted: May 22nd, 2019 - 4:19 pm In Reply to: Yes, sadly that is true. However, some of us are stuck - at home with no way to get out SM

I have no car because I don't want the expenses that a car entails. If I need to go anywhere, I rely on Uber, which is actually cheaper than a taxi. With both Uber and Lyft, you can buy a monthly ride pass for around $30 a month. I use Uber pretty much all of the time and I have even used it when I have had to fly somewhere because it is actually cheaper than using a limo service in the airport. I used a taxi service in the previous town where I lived and they charged a flat rate and not a per mile rate and of course, there are buses and other forms of public transportation so technically, you're really NOT "stuck at home!"

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)