A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ME corrections - how to get them to be incorporated into speech - alphamt

Posted: Sep 21, 2010

I have had so many dictators dictating the same PE, etc. and have to continually change the same things.  Is there a way to make a heading such as CHEST from "the chest is..." work?  I have one doctor whose "dilutional" is always speeched as DELUSIONAL.  How can I make these corrections work.  Suspect it requires a call to SUPPORT with job ID, ad nauseum documentation. 

I suspect that only IT can re-correct these Speech errors, and not us as was originally explained.  Thank you for taking the time to explain this to me.

either make your own standard for this doctor - or

[ In Reply To ..]
for words like "delusional", add it to your shortcut expander with a letter Z after. Then, as you come along in ASR, add z, hit spacebar and it changes.

I did this for numbers one through ten as ASR always spells them out, so instead of highlight and correct, I just hit z space.

This way, on a report where you need delusional, it will not expand (or change) to dilutional because of the letter z.

expand with a Z--cool - Adios

[ In Reply To ..]
Great tip! I will definitely do this. Especially for numbers. It's a shame we have to come up with these things on our own, but a very cool solution.

Thank you so much.

Please somebody help me with this? - zeni

[ In Reply To ..]
Ok, I get the adding a "z" at the end of a word. But how do you quickly get to the end of that word? I can press ctrl-arrow key and get to the beginning of the next word, but what's the control to get to the end of a word? Hope somebody can help me with this.

no shortcut that I know of to get to end of word - or girl

[ In Reply To ..]
you could just go to beginning of next word and arrow back, or use mouse (hate relying on that thing), but I have done this for a couple years and I feel I do ok on ASR. Not horrible, not great.

I do this with a lot of the words that ASR refuses to change, like cabbage.

It will take a day to get used to it, but I promise it will become second nature or secondz (2nd) nature!!
Thanks, your tip worked great!....sm - zeni
[ In Reply To ..]
I tried going to the beginning of the next word and then pushing left arrow to go back and it works! Thank you!
Ctrl and arrow right - To get to end of next word
[ In Reply To ..]
Is that what you wanted?

Exam Expansion - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have as many "macros," as possible for physical exams. I highlight the ASR exam text, then just type whatever command for that dictator's exam, and it all pops us. Of course, I do a full listen and make any possible changes. I have more of these now than when I did straight typing. I really does help.

Not much you can do with delusional/delutional.

Delusional/dilutional - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I stand corrected, there is something you can do with delusional/dilutional!

what? - MT2

[ In Reply To ..]
what can you do?
See poster "or" message - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Poster "or" suggested placing in expansion file to change delusional to dilutional.

Thanks for the tips! Mademyday! nm - alphamt

[ In Reply To ..]
xx00

We were told that if we highlighted and retyped the - text correctly,

[ In Reply To ..]
ASR would eventually "learn" the correct way. Uh-huh. That has happened.

it will never happen... ASR will not learn - no matter what hoops we jump through

[ In Reply To ..]
We just have to learn to adapt around ASR.

Similar Messages:

IC Needs To Be Incorporated
Nov 26, 2012

I have worked as an IC for my company for 4 years and now I have been notified that I have submit evidence of copy of registration, IRS notice of issuance of FEIN, business license and business tax returns and asking if my business (IC status) is incorporated, LLC, S-Corp, or partnership with a seperate FEIN or sole proprietorship with a registered DBA.  HOw do I get incorporated or what does this mean. ...

Question About Being Incorporated
Apr 19, 2012

Does anyone know if there are tax benefits to being incorporated as an IC?  I was once told that if I was incorporated I did not have to pay part of the self-employment tax.  Can anyone give me information on this, is it beneficial to become incorporated?  I am the only income in my household, a single mom and the taxes are going to mean I am maybe making 5 cpl typing from the 8 that I was offered and if I have to put back 28-30% I may as well not even work.  Thanks for ...

MME Corrections
Jan 22, 2010

Unbelieveable..for years I have been typing comorbid, now I get a correction of co-morbid all throughout my report.  In the past, I have been told to change cc to mL but then I got corrected by MME and so went back to cc, now I am corrected again that it should be mL.  I have been told in the past, if it is not followup, then write it this way without a dash, follow up, no dash.  Now I am corrected to put the dash in, follow-up.   This is an ongoing thing with whichever ...

Just Now Getting Corrections From May...
Jun 19, 2014

Why am I just now getting these stupid individual report audit/correction/notification/micromanagements?   Can I anticipate more of these dragging out?  What's the longest stretch between when you completed a report and received notification regarding one? ...

Bogus QA Corrections?
Mar 20, 2013

Three or four times in the last two days I have gotten one of those unfriendly FIESA MAJOR ERROR alerts . . . only, that's not my work. I know without a single doubt that I did not make those errors, and seemingly some of these so called 'errors,' would have been flagged by spellcheck. What's up with that? Offering rebuttal in their comment section is pointless, it's just a waste of time since no one really reviews those or sends any feedback. I'm just f ...

Qc Corrections Incorrect
Jul 05, 2013

Has anyone been counted off in a post audit for corrections that QC made? ...

One Sentence, 7 Corrections
Jan 11, 2014

And they wonder why I can't make production??????? Looking forward to production proficiency mentoring later this month. Bring it on! ...

Recommendation For Those Ever-recurring Little Corrections.
Oct 25, 2009

You know, where you have to stop and type in a "his," "the," "no," "were," "and," or separate a run-on into 2 sentences, add a "She" to a sentence, change a letter, join 2 sentences into one, etc., because VR goofed. This has been working well for me:  Use SINGLE LETTERS (T, E, F, and so on) for the very most common words and corrections. Like T for "the," N for "no," E for "was", J for "has," F for macro that toggles letter from lower to upper and upper to lower ...

Escription Corrections Don't Seem To Stick
Nov 17, 2014

I work on v 9, 10 and 11 and I have noticed that when I make corrections on some VR reports the corrections do not seem to stick by the time they get to QC.  I have seen mistakes that I distinctly remember correcting while I am editing and then they show up as not corrected on the QC reviews.  Thankfully it hasn't happened on post-audit but it is pretty upsetting.  I had my TSM check a couple of them and sure enough, the mistakes were there when sent by me, so either I have become a hor ...

Anyone Know How To Back Up Auto Corrections On Word
Apr 08, 2010

Does anyone know how to back up your autocorrections on Word 2003.  I have a flashdrive I would like to put them on so that I can do a system restore.  Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated. ...

Ridiculous FIESA Corrections By OFFSHORE QA...sm
Aug 28, 2013

Dictated:  All cyst was removed, as well as osteophyte as well. Transcribed/Edited by me to read:  All cyst was removed, as well as osteophyte. OFFSHORE CORRECTION:  All cysts was removed, as well as osteophyte as well. This particular account is "modified verbatim" allowing us to change improper grammar and redundant/repetitive statements.  So, I deleted the second instance of "as well" since it had already been said just ONE flipping word before!  What do I get for ...

I Would Earn More Money If I Was Paid By The Number Of Corrections
Jun 23, 2011

I have to make for DQSpeech. ...

I Have No Patience For The Amount Of Corrections Needed Today!
Oct 12, 2013

I swear the speech engine just makes up the output as it has no resemblence to what the doctor says! We got a note stating we were making too many errors and our quality had gone down, with a side note that QAM knows we are struggling to maintain our counts, but this does not matter. Every once in a while I get told to slow down. Heck,I doing the best with what I have and the fatigue of doing this all day. Only minor errors such as leaving in an extra pronoun or such. I don't ...

My Hands Are So Sore From The Huge Number Of Corrections I Am Making
Jun 02, 2013

Any suggestions to ease the pain - like a better way to delete? This is just too ridiculous. ...

Had QA Correct Me On Speech Therapy To Speech Therapy
Jun 03, 2013

The phrase is She will be evaluated by PT, OT and speech therapy, corrected to She will be evaluated by PT, OT and Speech Therapy.  I thought it was only capitalized in when followed by a proper name like Montana Central Hospital Speech Therapy.    Thanks.  ...

Annoying "corrections."
Jan 05, 2014

I had a fairly short note that was easy - and correct - except for a couple of lab terms I wasn't sure of because the dictator slurred over them.  Wanting the report to be correct, I submitted it to QA in the hope that the "smarter" QA person would hear the lab terms and fill them in.  Ha!  She didn't know either, but instead went through and "corrected" things that didn't need correcting, I'm sure in order to justify her job.   No more will ...

Speech Q
Aug 09, 2012

when you look at the reports you have in QUEUE and the status of the report says CONTEXT ADAPTATION ADMINISTRATOR, what does this mean, and why am I not getting paid for these reports??? ...

Speech Rec
Sep 05, 2012

Question--Has anyone tried beating them at their own game by purchasing their own speech rec system, installing it, and re-dictating what the dictators have said?  Has it worked for you?  Did you increase your productivity?  What system did you use?  Looking for info.  Thanks! ...

What Speech Rec Said
Nov 24, 2014

Speech Editing.
Oct 15, 2009

My quality has gone down since the clinic that I work at started this.   We use Dictaphone Extext.  Anyway, I must be going too fast or something because I seem to miss things.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I have started reading over my reports myself now before sending them through and I asked my supe if they have improved.  She said yes, but I still am making mistakes and she will send me my reports back shortly.  The only thing else I know t ...

Speech Consult - Thanks Much!
Jan 20, 2010

1) is this the correct way to type the weighted score of 1+3 in this paragraph??  The weighted values for speech symptoms associated with velopharyngeal incompetence, (McWilliams and Phillips) were completed today.  Overall, he received a weighted score of 1 + 3, indicative of a competent-to-borderline competent velopharyngeal mechanism.     ...

Speech Q For Radiology? What's That? Nm
Mar 18, 2010

. ...

Speech Description
Aug 18, 2010

speech is slightly [s/l dysarsik] ...

What Is Exactly Is VR/speech Recognition?
Sep 14, 2010

Hello, I am a new MT and learned transcription from cassette tapes and Express Scribe. Can someone tell me what voice recognition is and how is it used in transcription?  ...

You Know, MQs Speech Wreck Is Bad Enough
Nov 01, 2010

we have dictators who compose sentences such as this: "A xx-year-old female accompanied by daughter in secondary to within the last week has run out of her amlodipine, Prozac and clonidine anywhere from 3-5 days ago each of these." I kid you not, that is what this doctor said.  American doc, speaking clear English.  Now tell me, what am I supposed to do with that?  It is a verbatim account, but the last time I let some gobbly gook like that go through I got chewed out for it (!) ...

Speech Impediments
Sep 14, 2011

This is a first for me.  The doc is NOT ESL.  But, it took me quite a while to figure out what she was saying when I heard, "The patient lickscrapitus in his knee."  Later on, I realized that she was has difficulty with pronouncing some A's and E's correctly.  So, the "lickscrapitus" was "lacks crepitus", which is also a rather odd way of making the statement, IMHO. Why don't the facilities/MTSOs notify the MTs when there is a doc on the account with certain s ...

Speech Recog With OO
Sep 13, 2011

I'm starting to do MT @ home and come from an office that used no speech recog. Only have OO and wondering what software is the best for speech recog that is compatible. Thanks! ...

Speech Wreckognition
Sep 14, 2011

Does anyone know of any company that does NOT use speech wreckognition.  I dont care what they say about once you are used to it you can do twice as much in the same amount of time.  I have NEVER found that to be true.  What I do find to be true is it takes me just as long, sometimes longer to clean up the mess it makes and I do it for half the pay.   Let me just say how much I DO NOT LOVE averaging about 4.00/hour cleaning up after speech wreckognition.  And yes, I ...

New To Webmedx And Speech Rec For That!
Nov 01, 2011

Ok very new to WBX and speech rec and not sure what to think!   How long did it take others to get accustomed to their platform and editing VR? I could transcribe at least 200+ lph at my previous job via straight transcription, but my highest since working here has only been 100 ughhhh! I'm so unsure of this!  Guess I'm looking for encouragement that it will get better and/or easier!!  Any tips?  I just downloaded the free trial of IT7 and am h ...

Speech Motion
Dec 19, 2011

Is anyone familiar with this software?  Thanks so much! ...