A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ridiculous FIESA corrections by OFFSHORE QA...sm - LoveMT

Posted: Aug 28, 2013

Dictated:  All cyst was removed, as well as osteophyte as well.

Transcribed/Edited by me to read:  All cyst was removed, as well as osteophyte.

OFFSHORE CORRECTION:  All cysts was removed, as well as osteophyte as well.

This particular account is "modified verbatim" allowing us to change improper grammar and redundant/repetitive statements.  So, I deleted the second instance of "as well" since it had already been said just ONE flipping word before!  What do I get for my accuracy?  That ridiculously WRONG addition of "s" to cysts and incorrect verbiage along with the "as well" being added in!  It reads exactly like someone from a foreign country who has no grasp of English grammar.  Just plain stupid is what it sounds like.

Next one:

Dictated:  The patient has upper dentition bridge.

Transcribed/Edited by me: The patient has upper dentition bridge.  But the real doozy is it was changed by QA (I KNOW it was) to read as an "error" as though I had transcribed:  The patient has upper detention bridge.... (I know damn good and well I did not transcribe "detention"  I'm not THAT inexperienced, for the love of God, I've been a transcriptionist for more than 17 years, and I've been doing this particular account since start-up/go-live nearly 5 years ago!! I was specifically invited to be on this "specialty team" of MTs so many years ago, and I highly doubt that I'd still be on it if I were making STUPID mistakes like the one QA has so erroneously CHANGED in my original document!!

CORRECTION BY OFFSHORE QA: The patient has upper _____ bridge.

COMMENT BY QA: Unable to document "dentin" or "dentition" bridge, so was left blank.

REALLY?!!?  Good God! If I had changed it to read "dental bridge", then I would've been marked off for THAT!  Who doesn't know that there are such things as dental bridges??!  Who on earth can't get on Google and document that there are such things??  I'll tell you who... OFFSHORE QA from INDIA!!

Were it not for these 2 corrections in the last 3 days, I would have 100% accuracy score for post audit.  I'm so sick of these people that it's not even funny!!

Thank you for letting me vent!! I have had about all I'm going to take.  My voice is going to be heard if I have to scream it from the rooftop.  I'm sick and tired of my reports being "changed", especially when I KNOW I didn't transcribe what was "supposedly" what they say I transcribed and was erroneous.  PLEASE!?! I just did this report day before yesterday, and since she made reference to only TWO patients with "dentition bridges", funny how only THIS report was magically incorrect!

I'm pretty sure someone could figure out who I am and I DON'T CARE!  Write me up.... Lay me off.... Do whatever is necessary NUANCE because I no longer give a flying squirrel!!

Couldn't you write this up and send to every - single person you can SM

[ In Reply To ..]
hook into email through the whole company, from all the MTs up to hot air shaw himself??

If you'd hope to get written up or laid off, wouldn't this accomplish it? You'd at least have a good excuse to present to the unemployment board with it, "I was fired because I complained about my reports being changed to include errors."

I have voiced my concerns to my TSM.....sm - LoveMT

[ In Reply To ..]
More than once, I have spoken with her over the phone and via email voicing my concerns about my work being post-audited offshore. Of course, there is nothing she can do about it. She did tell me to send every one I find erroneous to her for correction reversal, and she has been fantastic about getting them reversed.

I'm not "hoping" to get fired or written up. I don't think that's what I said. I said, I "didn't care" if I got written up or fired or whatever. I was venting because it is frustrating beyond belief to see things like this in my corrections and decreasing my post-audit scores.

Since I was part of a "bought out" company, I was not able to see my "scores" prior to this past quarter because we had not been implemented into FIESA at that time, but my reports were audited anyway in order for them to determine whether I qualified for the first quarterly bonus (from January through April or whatever month it's through). You know what? I didn't get the quarterly bonus and to this day, I have no idea what my audited reports even looked like. I have no idea if offshore people audited those reports or onshore people audited them. I don't even know what my score was for that first quarter because we didn't have FIESA until later.

Once we were implemented with FIESA sometime in June or early July, my reports were audited with a frenzy, just in time to drop my score to just below 99% and just enough to disqualify me for any kind of incentive bonus for the next quarter since that score is now reflected for an entire quarter concerning the incentive bonus as well and just enough to disqualify me for a quarterly bonus yet again. Once FIESA came into play, my score for the first month was a nice 99.7% and I was getting the incentive bonus nearly every pay period because I send very little to QC for review.

After the first 5 or 6 weeks, ridiculous crap like what I posted started showing up in my FIESA post-audit reviews. Mind you, ALL of it was post-audit and ALL of it was done offshore.

I value my QC review because I get decent feedback when I have a question and/or problem. ALL of my QC review is done onshore. My QC accuracy score is no where near what my post-audit score is.

I'm just sick and tired of offshore people auditing my reports and correcting them with crap like the 2 examples I have already given. Just sick of it. The ONLY reason that I'm still here with this company is because I am pretty much the sole provider for my family. My husband is disabled, crippled, and on a very fixed income. We are still raising children, and we need every single penny that I earn. Were it not for those simple reasons, I'd already be working at the local convenience store for minimum wage.

Fiesa - me

[ In Reply To ..]
You can't make up anything in Fiesa because you have to highlight from the document before you can even open it. To have a conspiracy to change your dictation, it would have to be typed and highlighted.

So I have been told.....sm - LoveMT

[ In Reply To ..]
And that does change my outlook...somewhat.... I still have a HUGE problem with offshore QA post-auditing my work. Okay, so if it can't be changed in my transcription, then the word "detention" was obviously overlooked by me. If that's the case, I didn't transcribe it, voice wreck did and I didn't "properly" change it to dentition. I'm human, so I guess that could've happened. I still have my doubts, however. Regardless, my point is... Post-audit offshore QA BLANKED it after this very clear AMERICAN physician dictated DENTITION BRIDGE because they "couldn't document dentin or dentition bridge"..... THAT speaks for itself.

Geez... Give me a U.S. QA person so that AT THE VERY LEAST I can get an intelligent form of feedback from someone who KNOWS what the hell they're doing! THAT was the point of my rant! And yes, I was angry and frustrated when I wrote it. I won't apologize for that.

Want to know why I believe things could be changed in my documents? Want to know why I think things are marked wrong that really aren't wrong to begin with sometimes? Because the platform I work on provides NO WAY FOR THE MLS TO RELISTEN to the audio once the report is submitted to the client. We can't go into FIESA and relisten to the audio...only the TSM has this ability. That is just UNFAIR to the MLS, plain and simple... It's a good thing I have a good and fair TSM, because otherwise I wouldn't even trust another person to listen to audio for a report IF there's no way for me to relisten as well.

Shady, shady, shady... The last time this happened to me, I was marked off for something I COULDN'T HEAR AT ALL due to audio technical problems that were very much a problem for EVERYONE on the team working this particular account...HOWEVER, the QC person who reviewed the report when I sent it in for a blank left a snarky little feedback remark stating, "you marked this as a "technical issue" document note when it should have been a "blanks" document note because I heard the word PERFECTLY clearly." REALLY??!! I'd like to have a set of those "magic" headsets since this particular physician WAS having an audio technical issue problem AND it had been brought to the attention of the client and was supposed to be in the process of "being worked on."

Similar Messages:

Fiesa Offshore Only
Mar 04, 2015

I have noticed in all the Fiesa reports/scores that NOT ONE is from an onshore QA. Every report has been checked by offshore QAs. Has anyone had an English first language QA? Just seems frustrating to have a ESL check an ESL report by a doctor from yet another language transcribed by an American transcriptionist. I have also noticed that if you get 100% one week, guaranteed the next week you get bottom scores the next. Balances out to the .08 per line between the weeks. ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

MME Corrections
Jan 22, 2010

Unbelieveable..for years I have been typing comorbid, now I get a correction of co-morbid all throughout my report.  In the past, I have been told to change cc to mL but then I got corrected by MME and so went back to cc, now I am corrected again that it should be mL.  I have been told in the past, if it is not followup, then write it this way without a dash, follow up, no dash.  Now I am corrected to put the dash in, follow-up.   This is an ongoing thing with whichever ...

Just Now Getting Corrections From May...
Jun 19, 2014

Why am I just now getting these stupid individual report audit/correction/notification/micromanagements?   Can I anticipate more of these dragging out?  What's the longest stretch between when you completed a report and received notification regarding one? ...

Bogus QA Corrections?
Mar 20, 2013

Three or four times in the last two days I have gotten one of those unfriendly FIESA MAJOR ERROR alerts . . . only, that's not my work. I know without a single doubt that I did not make those errors, and seemingly some of these so called 'errors,' would have been flagged by spellcheck. What's up with that? Offering rebuttal in their comment section is pointless, it's just a waste of time since no one really reviews those or sends any feedback. I'm just f ...

Qc Corrections Incorrect
Jul 05, 2013

Has anyone been counted off in a post audit for corrections that QC made? ...

One Sentence, 7 Corrections
Jan 11, 2014

And they wonder why I can't make production??????? Looking forward to production proficiency mentoring later this month. Bring it on! ...

Recommendation For Those Ever-recurring Little Corrections.
Oct 25, 2009

You know, where you have to stop and type in a "his," "the," "no," "were," "and," or separate a run-on into 2 sentences, add a "She" to a sentence, change a letter, join 2 sentences into one, etc., because VR goofed. This has been working well for me:  Use SINGLE LETTERS (T, E, F, and so on) for the very most common words and corrections. Like T for "the," N for "no," E for "was", J for "has," F for macro that toggles letter from lower to upper and upper to lower ...

ME Corrections - How To Get Them To Be Incorporated Into Speech
Sep 21, 2010

I have had so many dictators dictating the same PE, etc. and have to continually change the same things.  Is there a way to make a heading such as CHEST from "the chest is..." work?  I have one doctor whose "dilutional" is always speeched as DELUSIONAL.  How can I make these corrections work.  Suspect it requires a call to SUPPORT with job ID, ad nauseum documentation.  I suspect that only IT can re-correct these Speech errors, and not us as was originally exp ...

Escription Corrections Don't Seem To Stick
Nov 17, 2014

I work on v 9, 10 and 11 and I have noticed that when I make corrections on some VR reports the corrections do not seem to stick by the time they get to QC.  I have seen mistakes that I distinctly remember correcting while I am editing and then they show up as not corrected on the QC reviews.  Thankfully it hasn't happened on post-audit but it is pretty upsetting.  I had my TSM check a couple of them and sure enough, the mistakes were there when sent by me, so either I have become a hor ...

Anyone Know How To Back Up Auto Corrections On Word
Apr 08, 2010

Does anyone know how to back up your autocorrections on Word 2003.  I have a flashdrive I would like to put them on so that I can do a system restore.  Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated. ...

I Would Earn More Money If I Was Paid By The Number Of Corrections
Jun 23, 2011

I have to make for DQSpeech. ...

I Have No Patience For The Amount Of Corrections Needed Today!
Oct 12, 2013

I swear the speech engine just makes up the output as it has no resemblence to what the doctor says! We got a note stating we were making too many errors and our quality had gone down, with a side note that QAM knows we are struggling to maintain our counts, but this does not matter. Every once in a while I get told to slow down. Heck,I doing the best with what I have and the fatigue of doing this all day. Only minor errors such as leaving in an extra pronoun or such. I don't ...

My Hands Are So Sore From The Huge Number Of Corrections I Am Making
Jun 02, 2013

Any suggestions to ease the pain - like a better way to delete? This is just too ridiculous. ...

This Is Ridiculous
Mar 01, 2011

Pinging in and out. Getting booted off. Losing reports. And what slow reports are coming through are all wrong...wrong patients...wrong data in ASR. I knew when I read that email a couple of days ago that they were going to update the client's database and apologized for any inconvenience this might cause, we were in for trouble. So predictable. Thanks MQ. All I want to do is WORK! ...

Are They Serious?? Wow!! This Is Ridiculous To Say The Least
Nov 23, 2011

So I send resumes to about 20 places yesterday and I get responses.  They say they only pay 8 cpl, but their test is ridiculous for a pathetic 8 cpl.  Forget it MedInk!!! ...

How Ridiculous Is This???
Dec 30, 2011

I am currently doing a doctor who actually spells out "N-O" whenever he says the word no.  I'm ready to scream. ...

Beyond Ridiculous
Nov 03, 2012

One of the docs upset because many of us are leaving the word "and" out of one of his sentences so we got an email instructing us to make a note of this.  Never mind that he dictates at the speed of light on a speakerphone, we need to be sure we get every single little word.  Heaven forbid anyone should ever tell these docs it is their responsibility to slow down and make sure they are understood.  ...

OK, This Is RIDICULOUS!
Jan 08, 2013

I sat here for 2 hours waiting for work, and I finally have a few reports.  Now the sewer just now backed up for the 3rd time in 2 weeks.  ARGHHHHHH!!!!  I have had the plumber out twice already and still owe for one visit!  I make way less than minimum wage most days and am having to depend heavily on my retirement account (I'm only 56).  Feel like everything is raining down on me!  I also had to call a wrecker the other day because I locked myself o ...

Ridiculous Pay
Sep 05, 2013

Is it just me or are a lot of you making minmal wage? ...

Truly Ridiculous
Sep 05, 2014

As if speech rec can't get more annoying and stupid.  Working on a report that had Progresso for progressive over!!  ...

This Is Just Getting Ridiculous--sm
Feb 14, 2015

My team is required to be signed into a conference in Spark when working our account.  That is not a bad thing, in fact it is quite educational because I am seeing just how ridiculous everything is.  The account is verbatim, you only type a heading if it is dictated.  Someone is worried that the doctor said Procedure for a heading naming the procedure and then later used procedure when beginning the real procedure.  That MT was worried about getting dinged if she changed the ...

Synernet Is Ridiculous
Jun 03, 2010

Talked to the recruiter 2 weeks ago tomorrow (Friday, after her postponing the interview on Wednesday), she was very nice was told the paperwork would be send Fed Ex after not receiving it was told the gal in fhe office was out and would be sent later, and of course based on a "background check" etc  -- with training to supposedly start 06/14/2010  -- I have since accepted two positions and if I were an MT, I would be VERY leery of this company  -- a month to start is ridiculous especially wh ...

Ridiculous Reduction In Pay
Jul 28, 2010

As with most of you, my pay from Medquist has taken a total nose dive ever since ASR went to 85% while at the same time cutting our transcription rate down for ASR from 70% to 60%.  That's a 40% pay cut!!!  I've had to take another job elsewhere to try to make ends meet.  Besides that, our health benefits are the absolute worst and get worse every year.  Can anyone ever remember any kind of cost of living raise?   I used to make $36,000 annu ...

The Landmark Ad Pay Is Ridiculous!
Nov 29, 2011

What is wrong with these companies!  That type of transcription is a minimum of $1.00/min!! You have to look up so much drug terminology and who knows what the audio quality could be like.  I can't believe they have the NERVE to offer $.07/A LINE!!  And as usual, they are targeting the "newbies" who they can take advantage of, rip off and pay slave wages to - they are right up there with that other company who posts jobs for general transcription - the name of which escapes m ...

I Know This Is A Ridiculous Question, But
May 30, 2012

are there any MTSOs who hire part-time weekdays?  I'm looking for something M-Thurs or Tues-Friday with morning hours (7 a.m. to 12 p.m.).  I realize most larger companies require weekend work, but I have family commitments (sick family member) that interferes with my ability to work weekends. ...

Ridiculous Feedback
Apr 13, 2014

This is soooooo ridiculous, my blood is boiling.  The doctor dictated: "Continue vancomycin and will obtain a vanco trough and further dosing recommendations."  I get it back as a minor error.  She changed it to:  "Continue vancomycin and we will obtain a vanco trough  . .  .   She's acting like he put a contraction in there such as we'll.  That's purely a judgment call.  No wonder we're getting emails complaining about our high ra ...

OOW Is Getting Completely Ridiculous
Oct 14, 2014

Up to now, I have hardly ever run out of work but the last 2 weeks it has become steadily more and more and here I sit on a Tuesday morning with no work.  I hope to God we are not losing this account because it is an awesome account.  I cannot sit here and work all day as I have a second job that I work also.  This is truly killing me!!  Might as well go back to bed ...

TTS Ridiculous Wages
Feb 19, 2015

It kinda looks like TTS can't get anyone to work for them with their ridiculous wages.  You'd think they would have figured it out by now.  ...

Ridiculous Quality
May 17, 2015

OK...everyone wants to complain about QC and I get it, I am sure there are some QC out there who should not be in the job.  However, I just processed a report, and even before I started doing 100% on it a glaring issue stood out...  Chief Complaint:  What's finger paint. Um..yeah....listened to it and can anyone guess what it really was??? Left finger pain. She also typed that he got his hair caught in a clothing rack, when it really was his finger, left out words everywh ...