A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

IC needs to be incorporated - Macy

Posted: Nov 26, 2012

I have worked as an IC for my company for 4 years and now I have been notified that I have submit evidence of copy of registration, IRS notice of issuance of FEIN, business license and business tax returns and asking if my business (IC status) is incorporated, LLC, S-Corp, or partnership with a seperate FEIN or sole proprietorship with a registered DBA.  HOw do I get incorporated or what does this mean.

you don't need to incorporate - nonne

[ In Reply To ..]
it appears what they are asking for is a FEIN "IF you have one." You do not need to have one if you do not have or pay ICs to do any subcontracting for you. If you do, then you need a tax ID. Otherwise, your ss# or whatever you file your own personal taxes under is just fine. This sounds very much like the paper they request to be filled out for information they apply to their 1099 that they send you at the end of the year. Perhaps they never had this document before. Don't get excited...unless you have IC subcontractors that you are paying to do work for you, you don't HAVE to have any of this stuff.

hope that helps some.

Similar Messages:

Question About Being Incorporated
Apr 19, 2012

Does anyone know if there are tax benefits to being incorporated as an IC?  I was once told that if I was incorporated I did not have to pay part of the self-employment tax.  Can anyone give me information on this, is it beneficial to become incorporated?  I am the only income in my household, a single mom and the taxes are going to mean I am maybe making 5 cpl typing from the 8 that I was offered and if I have to put back 28-30% I may as well not even work.  Thanks for ...

ME Corrections - How To Get Them To Be Incorporated Into Speech
Sep 21, 2010

I have had so many dictators dictating the same PE, etc. and have to continually change the same things.  Is there a way to make a heading such as CHEST from "the chest is..." work?  I have one doctor whose "dilutional" is always speeched as DELUSIONAL.  How can I make these corrections work.  Suspect it requires a call to SUPPORT with job ID, ad nauseum documentation.  I suspect that only IT can re-correct these Speech errors, and not us as was originally exp ...