A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Question about being incorporated - longtimemt

Posted: Apr 19, 2012

Does anyone know if there are tax benefits to being incorporated as an IC?  I was once told that if I was incorporated I did not have to pay part of the self-employment tax.  Can anyone give me information on this, is it beneficial to become incorporated?  I am the only income in my household, a single mom and the taxes are going to mean I am maybe making 5 cpl typing from the 8 that I was offered and if I have to put back 28-30% I may as well not even work.  Thanks for any input.

incorporated - imo

[ In Reply To ..]
IMO, it's not worth incorporating. You usually incorporate to protect personal earnings, and likely would do an S-Corp. But, I don't see any real cost savings. You will still have to pay corporate fees.

Get a good accountant and keep good records, you should be able to make being a sole proprietor IC work for you.

Similar Messages:

IC Needs To Be Incorporated
Nov 26, 2012

I have worked as an IC for my company for 4 years and now I have been notified that I have submit evidence of copy of registration, IRS notice of issuance of FEIN, business license and business tax returns and asking if my business (IC status) is incorporated, LLC, S-Corp, or partnership with a seperate FEIN or sole proprietorship with a registered DBA.  HOw do I get incorporated or what does this mean. ...

ME Corrections - How To Get Them To Be Incorporated Into Speech
Sep 21, 2010

I have had so many dictators dictating the same PE, etc. and have to continually change the same things.  Is there a way to make a heading such as CHEST from "the chest is..." work?  I have one doctor whose "dilutional" is always speeched as DELUSIONAL.  How can I make these corrections work.  Suspect it requires a call to SUPPORT with job ID, ad nauseum documentation.  I suspect that only IT can re-correct these Speech errors, and not us as was originally exp ...