A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Annoying "corrections." - So tired of this game.

Posted: Jan 05, 2014

I had a fairly short note that was easy - and correct - except for a couple of lab terms I wasn't sure of because the dictator slurred over them.  Wanting the report to be correct, I submitted it to QA in the hope that the "smarter" QA person would hear the lab terms and fill them in.  Ha!  She didn't know either, but instead went through and "corrected" things that didn't need correcting, I'm sure in order to justify her job.   No more will I submit a report to QA that's only marginally in need of a second opinion.  

I couldn't agree with you more! - sami

[ In Reply To ..]
I hate it when QA makes those "preference type corrections." I wish the report could somehow be locked so they could only fill in the blanks. After I have spent my time submitting a good report, and then seeing this QA person pick at it and tear it apart is sickening.

picking - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Won't do any good to complain. I tried it. I resented them changing my reports especially when it was good the way it was. Didn't like the end result and told my super as much. Was told they knew what they were doing and not to worry about it. Still irks me.

What will happen is this: - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
MTs will become more & more sick and disgusted with being picked apart and under the microscope. We might as well be on 100% QA, they figure.

To protect themselves, as well as their line count, sanity, and the little income they do receive from this God-forsaken "profession" - more and more work will go to the client "as is" - no leaving blanks, just push the reports through. (Why risk getting badgered over & over?)

Agree - but please explain what are "preference type corrections"? - Kitty

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you mean that there is no definitive guideline for the particular "error" which QA, in their infinite wisdom, just ding for the sake of it?

It might help to cite a reference such as Book of Style when challenging those silly and arbitrary corrections.

Here's One According to BOS - Ms, Ms.

[ In Reply To ..]
Courtesy title for a woman or girl. Preferred over Miss. Since Ms is not an abbreviation, it is usually written WITHOUT the ending period. QA continuously changes this when there is no need. Perfect example of a preference type correction.

Don't send anything you don't absolutely need to. QA is well known for this SM - SamMT

[ In Reply To ..]
B.S. and it irritates me beyond reason. I send a blank to QA because I simply can't understand what's being said. They can't understand it either, but they'll nitpick my report apart every which way they can. They do justify their jobs by criticizing yours.

Don't send ANYTHING you don't have to. We do have to start think about ourselves for a change, it's about time, and nobody else is looking out for us.

QA have no need to justify their jobs - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
QAing reports is actually only a part of the job and is also a paycut. They do quite a bit of MT/ME work also. Don't let some bad apple QA generalize your opinion of all. We are trained to do a quick scan of the report and if we find an error, we are required to 100% QA a report. We get audited very frequently and if we miss anything it counts against us just as if we typed it ourselves, and we are just afraid of the auditing department as everybody else. Personally, I don't mark anything unless I can reference it and can copy and paste it or at least say where I found it. If you find feedback that is questionable, report it to your QAC or TSM, and unless they are incompetent, they will rectify things. Also, you can verify the feedback by looking in the Transcription Style Guide, DQS Standards and Guidelines and the BOS2, in that order, as the style guide is MModal's own rules that take priority over the BOS2. If QA don't follow these, they get marked off on an audit. Remember also, QA feedback doesn't count against you, so if you don't feel it is worth reporting, just brush it off. There are QA that are old school, sloppy, or just plain incompetent, but there are really good ones, and it is hurtful to generalize all in the bad apple bunch. It's like a QA coming on here and saying all transcriptionists are hacks and have no idea what they are doing because of a few bad reports. Remember, you don't see the reports that QA have went through but left alone. We all like to use this site to vent, but just remember QA are your coworkers and not your superiors. The only difference between what they do, how they are treated, and available resources is that they get an extra report type, which are the QA reports. QA would like nothing more than to fill in the blank and move on. Anything more, and they take a paycut. However, for some, the fear of being audited outweighs that. Many QA make less than they did when they were transcriptionists/editors.

just a question... - poorhouse

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm just curious as to how many auditors this company has? lol It sounds as though there are auditors auditing the auditors ad nauseam. It's a wonder the reports ever get back to the client! LOL I'm saying this in jest because, my gawd, after putting in 8 hrs/day for this company all I can do is laugh.

"Corrections" - MountainWoman

[ In Reply To ..]
I am an MME, and I can't believe some people waste so much of their time correcting style issues!

In one report I sent for a blank, I had:

John Smith, MD, Resident

and it was changed to:

John Smith (resident)

Really? Why would anyone use their time to change something like that?

I feel for you, but it's not all of us. There are always going to be those on a power trip, although I'm not sure what about this "position" makes them feel so high and mighty.

The only time we are supposed to correct anything, other than fill in a blank, is if we see something that is clearly incorrect. Sometimes, as I'm trying to fill in a blank, the words before and after are so incorrect, I can't find where the blank is. In those cases, I do a 100% QA, and even then, I only change any words that are obviously incorrect.

I'm sorry you get some of the bad eggs. I've had them, too.

I really hate it when I catch some other error but can't fill the blank lol *facepalm* - nacho n-mme

[ In Reply To ..]
There is NOTHING wrong with having a colleague be your second eyes/ears. MTs should NEVER have been handed a penalty for sending to QA. We are in the same boat getting laughable nitpicky audits, etc., plus being sent work from all accounts on the list in random order (no primary....) The only power trip I have is when I trip over the extension cord and/or forget to take my headset off when running for more coffee.

Similar Messages:

Annoying!
Jun 20, 2014

Mr. Dictator: You do not need to repeat your name and spell it twice, dictate the patient's name and spell it twice, along with repeating the MR# twice before dictating your procedure, then do it all over again at the end of the procedure! Geez, I get it.. Last job of the day, thank goodness! ...

OMG! This May Just Be The Most Annoying Thing
Oct 20, 2010

that I have had in a dictation, and I am sure that the dictator (PA-C)  is annoyed as well.  It's always annoying when she chitty-chats with the "girls in the office" while dictating, but in this dictation, one of the girls is mocking back everything the dictator says and continues to do so, after a little chuckle from dictator each time, to the point where the dictator finally has to tell her that this is important, it is for an attorney and she cannot mess it up.  ...

Can We Please Be Done With The Annoying Snowflakes?
Dec 05, 2012

x ...

I Find It Annoying - Sm
Sep 19, 2013

I find it extremely annoying when finally I start to feel like I have enough work on a daily basis for a several-week stretch only to find the account manager has decided to "rearrange the pools" and put more MTs to a pool with fewer docs in the pool.  When I E-mail my account manager and ask for more work, my E-mails go unanswered.  So I bite the bullet, go with the flow, play the "sit-and-wait" game, and when I get new resident dictating for an attending and have to send the job to Q ...

MME Corrections
Jan 22, 2010

Unbelieveable..for years I have been typing comorbid, now I get a correction of co-morbid all throughout my report.  In the past, I have been told to change cc to mL but then I got corrected by MME and so went back to cc, now I am corrected again that it should be mL.  I have been told in the past, if it is not followup, then write it this way without a dash, follow up, no dash.  Now I am corrected to put the dash in, follow-up.   This is an ongoing thing with whichever ...

Just Now Getting Corrections From May...
Jun 19, 2014

Why am I just now getting these stupid individual report audit/correction/notification/micromanagements?   Can I anticipate more of these dragging out?  What's the longest stretch between when you completed a report and received notification regarding one? ...

Can We Possibly Get Rid Of The Annoying WalMart Ad....
Aug 06, 2013

.....that "follows" us? ...

Super Annoying....fiesa
Jul 02, 2014

It seems lately I have had a lot of corrections where they are removing what I have typed and marking as [UNCLEAR].  I am not getting dinged, but the reason this is bothering me so much is because they are doctors I am familiar with and know what they say.  It's not like a skip is happening and I'm adding in something. There are dictating, not always the best dictations, but because I'm familiar with them I know what it is. Makes me feel like I don't know what I� ...

Annoying Ding Sound
Jan 15, 2015

Silly question--just got a new monitor and now have this "ding" sound on finishing a chart.  Can't remember how to remove it.  Any ideas? ...

Shorthand Annoying Glitch
Feb 09, 2015

Hi.....using Dell, windows 7 pc, word 2013, and shorthand.    I like the feature on shorthand that you can check so that it uses the clipboard to dump shorthand entries into the text field on word 2013.  I  have some really long templates and when I use this form of text transfer (clipboard) on shorthand, it almost immediately dumps the template into my report.   BUT, then a glitch occurs on all other entries.  for instanct I have   pt for patient  a ...

Bogus QA Corrections?
Mar 20, 2013

Three or four times in the last two days I have gotten one of those unfriendly FIESA MAJOR ERROR alerts . . . only, that's not my work. I know without a single doubt that I did not make those errors, and seemingly some of these so called 'errors,' would have been flagged by spellcheck. What's up with that? Offering rebuttal in their comment section is pointless, it's just a waste of time since no one really reviews those or sends any feedback. I'm just f ...

Qc Corrections Incorrect
Jul 05, 2013

Has anyone been counted off in a post audit for corrections that QC made? ...

One Sentence, 7 Corrections
Jan 11, 2014

And they wonder why I can't make production??????? Looking forward to production proficiency mentoring later this month. Bring it on! ...

I HATE OP NOTES. SURGEONS ARE VERY ANNOYING TO
Jan 26, 2010

LISTEN TO.  THEY RATTLE NINETY TO NOTHING THROUGH AN OPERATIVE REPORT.  JUST BECAUSE THEY SAY THE SAME THINGS EVERY TIME DOES NOT MEAN THE SAME PERSON ALWAYS GETS THAT TRANSCRIPTION AND AUTOMATICALLY KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE SAYING.  THEY NEED TO SLOW DOWN AND REALIZE THERE IS A REAL PERSON ON THE OTHER END OF THAT STUPID MACHINE THEY'RE TALKING INTO.  RUDE, RUDE, RUDE.  THAT'S ABSOLUTELY ALL YOU CAN SAY ABOUT THEM!!!!!!!!!! ...

Do You Ever Find Some Dictator Voices So Annoying
Jan 11, 2015

The ones who stutter, or lisp (both of which I despise), or sound like they're whispering through locked lips.  Some days it's so strange it fascinates me more than annoys me.  ...

Recommendation For Those Ever-recurring Little Corrections.
Oct 25, 2009

You know, where you have to stop and type in a "his," "the," "no," "were," "and," or separate a run-on into 2 sentences, add a "She" to a sentence, change a letter, join 2 sentences into one, etc., because VR goofed. This has been working well for me:  Use SINGLE LETTERS (T, E, F, and so on) for the very most common words and corrections. Like T for "the," N for "no," E for "was", J for "has," F for macro that toggles letter from lower to upper and upper to lower ...

ME Corrections - How To Get Them To Be Incorporated Into Speech
Sep 21, 2010

I have had so many dictators dictating the same PE, etc. and have to continually change the same things.  Is there a way to make a heading such as CHEST from "the chest is..." work?  I have one doctor whose "dilutional" is always speeched as DELUSIONAL.  How can I make these corrections work.  Suspect it requires a call to SUPPORT with job ID, ad nauseum documentation.  I suspect that only IT can re-correct these Speech errors, and not us as was originally exp ...

Escription Corrections Don't Seem To Stick
Nov 17, 2014

I work on v 9, 10 and 11 and I have noticed that when I make corrections on some VR reports the corrections do not seem to stick by the time they get to QC.  I have seen mistakes that I distinctly remember correcting while I am editing and then they show up as not corrected on the QC reviews.  Thankfully it hasn't happened on post-audit but it is pretty upsetting.  I had my TSM check a couple of them and sure enough, the mistakes were there when sent by me, so either I have become a hor ...

Anyone Know How To Back Up Auto Corrections On Word
Apr 08, 2010

Does anyone know how to back up your autocorrections on Word 2003.  I have a flashdrive I would like to put them on so that I can do a system restore.  Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated. ...

Ridiculous FIESA Corrections By OFFSHORE QA...sm
Aug 28, 2013

Dictated:  All cyst was removed, as well as osteophyte as well. Transcribed/Edited by me to read:  All cyst was removed, as well as osteophyte. OFFSHORE CORRECTION:  All cysts was removed, as well as osteophyte as well. This particular account is "modified verbatim" allowing us to change improper grammar and redundant/repetitive statements.  So, I deleted the second instance of "as well" since it had already been said just ONE flipping word before!  What do I get for ...

I Would Earn More Money If I Was Paid By The Number Of Corrections
Jun 23, 2011

I have to make for DQSpeech. ...

I Have No Patience For The Amount Of Corrections Needed Today!
Oct 12, 2013

I swear the speech engine just makes up the output as it has no resemblence to what the doctor says! We got a note stating we were making too many errors and our quality had gone down, with a side note that QAM knows we are struggling to maintain our counts, but this does not matter. Every once in a while I get told to slow down. Heck,I doing the best with what I have and the fatigue of doing this all day. Only minor errors such as leaving in an extra pronoun or such. I don't ...

My Hands Are So Sore From The Huge Number Of Corrections I Am Making
Jun 02, 2013

Any suggestions to ease the pain - like a better way to delete? This is just too ridiculous. ...

How To Turn Off The Annoying Loud "ding Sound"at End Of Dictation/spell Check.
Nov 22, 2011

I thought there was a way to make that annoying ding sound at the end of the dictation when spell check is complete to sound softer.  I have Windows XP.  I keep looking in the control panel but it does not seem familiar to me as to the way I used to do it.  In some reports if the dictator talks low and then when you reach the end it blasts out my eardrum.  TIA. ...