A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do we have to meet all 3 criteria to make more than 7 cPL - Aggravated

Posted: Dec 17, 2014

Met 2 of the criteria, but not the third, so shows 7 cents a line. ?. I thought they were independent of each other. I am losing money for sure. Not happy.

Yep - nm - disgusted

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

QC - Natalie

[ In Reply To ..]
Looks like if you send 10% or higher to QC it's automatically .07

Yes, so that means if it is mandatory to pend - to client (as in a CC that

[ In Reply To ..]
the client WANTS pended, or when a dictator makes a BLATANT error, for any reason....it counts towards that 10%, and it is NOT that hard to reach that fast. They don't have it ironed out yet as to WHICH ones won't count...so until they do....we suffer.

The TSM had NO answer when the question was asked on whether those types of things will be counted toward the 10%.

How often do they audit the pending ...It is daily or weekly? - nunya

[ In Reply To ..]
This has me so confused. This is the first time I can ever remember someone asking me how my pay was changing and I honestly could not explain it to them because I can't explain it to myself. That's why Ive got my nose glued to these forums right now..as usual I learn from listening and there is no better place than right in the nitty gritty :)

Ok. Looking at the grid from the FAQs 2...you do NOT need all 3. sm - Aggravated

[ In Reply To ..]
Apparently some TSMs are unaware of this. Mine is. Yes, more than 10% to QC is automatically 7 cents. This is insane.

Figured out that I will do better than I thought.... - However....

[ In Reply To ..]
that is not saying much since I THOUGHT I'd be getting minimum wage, but turns out its about 12/hr. I CANNOT believe I am actually happy about that. I used to make twice that per hour (not at Nuance). For that I get a whopping 12/hr, I slowed down so I'd get a good QA score (which I did, 99.8%), worked harder and longer to make sure I didn't send much to QA, which slowed me WAY down. My production was dismal, way less than usual....so for all that great work I get 12/hr. Sucks. If I upped my production my quality would suffer-- though I'd probably get paid more, but I can't bring myself to do that......

However, unless I can keep my QA at 99.8 EVERY week (and I doubt it) that pay will go down..... Merry Christmas to you too, Nuance!

QC score - tiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
As far as the QC thing, is it NOT counted if it's pended because of the client specs OR if a demo issue? That's what the faqs say....
What I was told - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I asked this: If I send to QA because of a CC issue or no dictation issue, is that counted toward the 10%? She said she thinks that it is.

As far as when something is sent to Mark for Review, I do not think those are counted against us.

My QC score was 20% and I know for a fact I do not send that much in for blanks, so they are definitely counting things other than sending to QA for blanks.
QC% - MT2
[ In Reply To ..]
I asked about this as some things are out of our control and we have to send them to QC. I was told that as far as my account, everything we send counts against us. Not cool. Now if I send a lot for blanks that I'm not getting, that's one thing, but if I send reports because dictation cuts out or the dictator entered his/her ID wrong and doesn't dictate their name, that should not be held against me.
Did anybody make less than 10% QC this past pay period? I know I didn't..... - nunya
[ In Reply To ..]
nobody I know has and I probably never will given the account Im on. I just want to know if someone made it so I know that is possible to do.
FAQ unclear about QD - Leaves things out
[ In Reply To ..]
The FAQ seems to leave out quite a bit when it comes to QC.

What about for doctors who require all their jobs to be reviewed (ACR)? What about accounts where specs say to send this or that to NTS Customer Service? That's not a blank, but it is NTS QC and gets reviewed in FIESA?

There are too many "What if's?"
want my $$ - tiredMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I really don't care how they do it, it just needs to be fixed. As far as I care, they have robbed me of almost $300 for the pay period. I don't care if they "need to take that under review." If you state a FACT, then adhere to that fact. And, by the way, what the heck is a COM??? Just answer my questions.. and if you don't know, then just say "I don't know." Don't give me the old "well, it's under review and may be changed after a couple of pay periods" song and dance. I just want the wage that I rightfully earned.

If that is true then my TSM flat out LIED on the - teleconference.....

[ In Reply To ..]
She said this:

Meet 3/3 criteria at least 8 cents a line
Meet 2/3 criteria 7.5 cents a line
Meet 1 criteria only 7 cents a line

I don't see THAT anywhere on Enrich...so I think she plain LIED to us on that call.

Line rates - Brain hurts

[ In Reply To ..]
I found the rates that you have in the 2nd round of FAQs they posted in Enrich.

Ok, I just saw that too... - Glad to know my TSM

[ In Reply To ..]
isn't a liar. But apparently some are telling their MTs that they will make 7 cents a line if they miss just 1 criteria. They might want to clear that up.
i met 2 out of 3 got 7 cents so somebody is lying nm - disgusted
[ In Reply To ..]
Xx
Me, too, Got 2 out of 3, but it depends which 2 you got. sm. - Aggravated
[ In Reply To ..]
It looks like more than 10% to QC is the only one you have to have met to make more than 7 cents if I am reading the chart correctly. sheesh
Me too! sm - Ben Tover
[ In Reply To ..]
Before this disastrous compensation plan was even announced we had received an email from our TSM asking who we felt were the worst dictators on our account. One would think that they were going to take into account the worst dictators, but as it turned out, the dictator I elected was the one that I got the most of! Through no fault of my own I had to send reports to QC. I can't help it if the dictator dictates via speaker phone, slurs, bangs, turns pages, and has his cell phone ringing next to the speaker phone all while continuing to dictate! The only consolation is I did manage to still make more than MW, albeit not by much.
that is the one thing we have no control over sm - disgusted
[ In Reply To ..]
We can't make deals speak so we can understand them or improve the quality of the voice files so we're just screwed cause we have no choice but to send blanks. Obviously they thought this new plan through very well. They definitely win!
Greater than 10% to QC = 7 cents a line - see mess
[ In Reply To ..]
It makes no difference how much you type or what your quality is. You send more than 10%, you get 7 cents a line. Period. End of the line on the grid.

PLUS, if you read FAQ2 carefully - new accounts that are mandatory 100% review ABSOLUTELY DO count!!

Another TSM says no they do not. Nobody knows what the heck is going on.

Its impossible...is anybody actually doing it yet? Nobdy I have talked to is even close.......... - nunya

[ In Reply To ..]
personally I have never struggled so hard with QA before and I don't think Im the only one.

Similar Messages:

How Do You Make Ends Meet?
Nov 05, 2011

I have been transcribing for over 26 years and now I can't even make ends meet.  Does anyone else have the problem of having to be a workaholic or not be able to survive financially?  PLEASE give me any hints that have helped you out.  I'm tired and frustrated.  Thanks! ...

How Many Of You HAVE To Work 2 Jobs To Make Ends Meet?
Jul 03, 2010

Ok, I'll Bite. Is ANYONE Able To Make Ends Meet At M*Modal? Sm
Dec 30, 2012

I am not asking if you are happy.  I haven't been happy being an MT for years.  I just want to be able to pay my bills, have an income and pay my bills.  I'm not making what I made years ago either, but I can pay my bills (not much left over after that's done.)  I am stuck with M*Modal for the time being and not of my choice.  I have worked for other large nationals that were constantly bad mouthed, and I was able to make a living at them.  Does anyon ...

Struggling To Make Ends Meet. Anyone Know Who Pays Weekly?
Apr 08, 2013

any help is appreciated. i checked the archives but there is nothing very current.  ...

Maida 2 Criteria
Aug 16, 2010

He does have heart failure symptoms.  Based on the Mayda 2 criteria of history of previous infarct and ejection fraction less than 30%, the patient does meet criteria for defibrillator for primary prevention against sudden cardiac death. ...

S/l Sears Criteria
Nov 11, 2011

The patient will not be admitted into ICU, as he does not meet ________ criteria. ...

Bonus Criteria? How Do You Know You Got It?
Jul 13, 2014

Have seen posts that it goes from April 1 to end of June. Another that says beginning of a pay period in April and end of a pay period in late June or early July.  This will be my first time (I think) of getting quarterly bonus.  My percentages show over 99.5.  How do I find out if I did indeed qualify?  Is it in the employee manual we had to sign?  ...

Schizophrenia Diagnostic Criteria
Jun 21, 2012

The guidelines, the diagnostic guidelines are actually things which arise DS 7-4 and CD10.  Those are the diagnostic criteria.   Is it DS 7-4 or DA7-4 or VA 7-4?? Thanks for any help. ...

Questions About Accuracy Rating Criteria
Nov 15, 2010

Is it the norm to get dinged for leaving a blank when you supervisor is checking accuracy?  I think this is kind of unfair because if you are not sure of something and trying to be careful, why would you get dinged?  Also, do you have specific guidelines as to what is expected, such as what is considered slang, et cetera.  We started getting audited but have no criteria.  ...

Are They Only Using Test Scores As Criteria To Enter The Program?
Mar 20, 2014

x ...

ScribeRight - Has Anyone Asked/received An Answer On What The Criteria Was For Those Of Us "let
Jul 13, 2012

I sent H an email asking how they chose those who were staying on, just to get a feel for their decision, but have not had the courtesy of a response back.  Has anyone else asked and received a response? ...

Okay... Let's Tell MM Why They Can't Meet TAT
Jun 12, 2015

degraded, demeaned, overworked, underpaid, underappreciated... ...

Everyone I Meet Thinks I Have Such A Great Job...NOT
Mar 26, 2010

They say, oh wow you get to work from home, that's great. I wish I could.  Yeah it has it's perks and used to be fantastically flexible...key words "USED TO BE", now I'm tied to my desk, lost money, threat of money being taken away, company uses words like "lock down" -- isn't that a prison term??? Now I'm afraid to sneeze, breathe, take a bathroom break etc....GRRRR!  Just venting, everyone I know thinks my life is cushy...!!! ...

Can't Seem To Meet The Minimum Line Counts
Dec 30, 2012

I am new at Nuance - started in Nov. I am beginning to get frustrated though cause I just can't seem to meet the minimum line counts with VR or typing. Please, someone tell me it's not just me .... I know they give you 3 months to "get up to speed", but I don't think that is going to be long enough for me at the rate I am going. Do they terminate you if you aren't meeting line counts after 3 months?  How long did it take some of you to be able to consistently meet the line c ...

Is It Common To Not Be Able To Meet Line Counts?
Feb 13, 2013

Is it common to not be able to meet line counts at Nuance? I have been there close to 3 months and cannot make my line count basically due to having some many ESLs and having to correct so many things in VR. Very frustrated!! ...

Federal Guidelines To Meet For ICs Under HIPAA
Sep 09, 2013

So I passed the BA Agreement, proof of liability insurance and Policies and Procedures with the company, so I may still be able to work as an IC and not an employee, but here is their response: "You must first provide proof that you meet the Federal Guidelines to remain an IC before providing proof of insurance or policies and procedures. You can research this by doing a Google search but these guidelines MUST be met in order to remain an IC." I already also passed the HIPAA training. What e ...

Wow! Accounts Have Little Work And Did Not Meet Minimum
Mar 30, 2015

wage average for this week.  :o  Even as a newbie I always met minimum wage and I now have 16 years under my belt, 8 on this platform and account. It would help if there was enough steady work so I a not bouncing all over doing tiny reports for 8 lines each.   I only had one larger bad ESL report for this grading period on Fiesa off my tiertiary account and it was below 99% so and with the crappy tiny reports and the guy who did 50 minutes of nothing I had to listen to my lines t ...

If You Don't Transcribe Enough To Meet Minimum Wage?
May 16, 2015

Does the company pay you up to 10.00/hour or whatever minimum wage is in your state?  I was told they pay 10.00/hour for each PTO hour that you take but what about production pay - what is minimum wage - 10.00/hour or what your state's minimum wage is?   ...

Having Trouble Making Ends Meet At Transcend?
May 10, 2011

For those of you interested in Transcend's Q1 public statement, go here: http://www.gurufocus.com/StockLink.php?type=sec&symbol=TRCR&date=2011-05-09&report=10-Q Also, for those Transcend MTs having difficulty making a living...(again, this is public information for their COO) Compensation for 2010 Salary $275,000.00 Bonus $0.00 Restricted stock awards $435,780.00 All other compensation $2,206.00 Option awards $ $0.00 Non-equity i ...

Hard To Meet 6500 Lpw Line Count At Webmedx Now. What Gives?
Aug 10, 2011

Ever since we been taken over by Nuance, and I've had to type my main account on the native platform, I can't seem to pick up line counts no matter how fast or how hard I try. It's very frustrating.  They raised the line count to 6500 lines per week from when I first started 2 years ago of 5000.  I used to be able to type a lot more.  Been an MT for more than 10 years now.  I feel something weird going on. ...

Worried About Being Able To Even Make What I Used To Make Doing
Apr 11, 2011

I seem to be spending an awful lot of time in VR documents, so I am confused as to why I am getting paid less for them.  This stupid VR system types whatever it thinks it might be hearing and sometimes doesn't type anything at all.  I hate this VR.  I am up to 1800 lines but usually do 2200-2500 a day on straight transcription.  I don't know how I am going to feed my children.  I am a single mom and the head of household.  Believe me the child support isn& ...

How Much Does A CCM Make
Jun 17, 2010

And do they get bonuses based on TAT?   have always been curious about this.  There was a time when I made more per year than an asst. supervisor (back at my co. before MQ bought us out).  Of course that is not the case anymore.  Any educated guesses? ...

Do Any Of The MTs Out There Make At Least...sm
Jan 25, 2011

$15 an hour on a daily basis.  I am in a horrific job right now (outside of my home) and need to make at least what I am making now which is about $15 an hour for a total of $97 a day.  I know transcription is tough nowadays, but if I go back to MT, do you think I can make at least that on a daily basis? ...

Is It Possible To Make
Aug 17, 2011

around $1,000/month part-time in this industry? ...

I Seriously Don't Know How To Make This Better
Aug 24, 2011

I've been working with this company for over 90 days. The first 90 days was a paid internship. Paid hourly, minimum wage. I am now a full time employee...paid on production.   However, I can not even seem to make minimum wage while on production pay! It is driving me nuts and is very discouraging. I'm not sure where to point the finger.   I worked 8 hours, only took one 20 minute break to eat. Over those 8 hours, according to the employers data base, I did around 1200 lin ...

What Do You Make?
Nov 15, 2011

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before ... or if this is one of those taboo subjects.. :) But what do you make per month as an MT and how many hours per week do you work to achieve that?  I'm just feeling like I can/should up my game a bit and thought this may be an encouraging way to get that push I need.  :)  ...

MUP (make Up Pay)
Sep 25, 2012

Anyone every get fired from Nuance for MUP?  ...

Okay Say I Make 10/6
Nov 05, 2012

What do you think they will do to get rid of me? I am really worried now, reading about all these terminations. ...

I DO NOT Want To Make Anyone Mad....
Nov 13, 2012

I looked at all the emails under here when I stopped work this afternoon and was hoping for a good description of the Town Hall meeting thingy.  What was the upshot?  Anything other than the usual blah blah blah?  Anything we need to know or else! LOL ...

Can You Make Any $$ With VR???
Feb 23, 2013

Okay, I'm waaaay behind the times.  I have been doing straight transcription for 35 years and am about to switch to VR editing at 0.45 cents per line.  Good Grief.  Can I make any money doing this??  My straight transcription accounts have all switched over about 80% of their work to VR and left all the truly terrible dictators on straight.  ...