A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What do you make? - justme

Posted: Nov 15, 2011

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before ... or if this is one of those taboo subjects.. :) But what do you make per month as an MT and how many hours per week do you work to achieve that?  I'm just feeling like I can/should up my game a bit and thought this may be an encouraging way to get that push I need.  :) 

I make around $1600 monthly - sue

[ In Reply To ..]
most of the time

that is inspiring to me seeing what others make also - sue

[ In Reply To ..]
I am hoping to be able to make close to that in the future.

I make... - momma

[ In Reply To ..]
I type an average of 8900 lines per week and gross just over $1000 in that time frame...so, I guess about $4000 per month. I'm full time but between several clients and work my own scheule. Could be 5 in the morning or 10 at night...whenever I feel like it.

What company do you work for? - Karie

[ In Reply To ..]
What company do you work for?

The job I just left - I was down to

[ In Reply To ..]
$560 every two weeks after they reduced the line rate, changed platforms, did away with expanders, and instituted SR all within 6 months. Even after the line rate reduction I was making about $1800/month until the other changes took place.

About $3500 monthly - CB

[ In Reply To ..]
40 hours/full-time.

4800/GROSS - Itcanbedone

[ In Reply To ..]
50-60 hours/week - M-F. Weekends only if I want to pick up extra. This is all straight typing with one part-time hourly position. I have several clients as an IC and line rates range from 6-14 cpl.

Nice! Go you! - justme

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it's pretty stinken awesome that you are making $4800 gross. I think we should all be happy for those of you doing so great in this business. Gosh, I'd love to find a company who pays 14 cpl! The most I have received was 10 cpl...but I would NEVER work for less than 7, and even then I'd be making a major exception!

justme - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I average about $25/hour but this is for straight transcription and I've been an MT for 25+ years. I also work for a company that doesn't throw their MTs into a "pool." Although there are hundreds of dictators, at least I can get some sort of familiarity with most of them, except of course the new residents/fellows. I think there's a lot to be said about being on one or even two accounts on a daily basis.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR SHARING...IT GIVES ME HOPE - tbur

[ In Reply To ..]
that it can be done!!! I would love for those truly making it out there to share what pushes them over the top. I am maximizing my shorthand program..or so I think, but would just love suggestions.

Justme - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I am in the process of retiring, but for the past three years worked half to three-quarters time (never more than 5-6 hours a day) and made $43+ a year. (Just to put it in perspective in the 90s, I made over 90K a year.) Houston, we have a problem!

- READYTOQUIT

[ In Reply To ..]
Until about six months ago, I was making about $3800.00 a month, but now I am lucky to make half of that. The time has come for a change!

$500,000 a year - since we're exaggerating - tl

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm an old pro too, worked mainly in the LA area, and never made anywhere near $90,000. I'm also retired but have to keep working, and make PT under $800 a month gross.

Not an exaggeration - CB

[ In Reply To ..]
That's in the range of what I made in the 90s too working on-site at an acute care facility. In fact, most of my coworkers I talked to who shared that info averaged at least $75,000. The good old days indeed, when the doctors would thank you for correcting their mistakes and you were paid what you were worth.

Why would we exaggerate? OP asked an honest question - nm - we are giving honest answers (or at least I did) -

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Not exaggerating - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
Not exaggerating at all. I had a very lucrative position with a large university teaching hospital. I am by no means the only person who has made this kind of money.

You split my gut - Dish

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm laughing so hard!

Old Pro - mamt

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh, how I remember those days. In the '90s, I LOVED my job, I owned my own service, paid my MTs very well and still made 90K+ a year. Calgon, take me away.....:)

On a positive note, I STILL get to work at home, no commute, no dry cleaning bill, no putting gas in the car every other day, and the list goes on. I am home with my pets (or my babies as I call them), can do laundry/dishes, etc., and can take a break whenever I feel the need (fortunately no punching a time clock for me). IMO, MTs being paid on production should not be required to punch a clock.

I should add that I STILL LOVE being an MT. My fear is that this wonderful world I have lived in for so long could end in the not too distant future. Until then, I shall keep the faith. :)

Thanks everyone! - justme

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you everyone for being willing to share personal info with us all. It is inspiring for me to see that - yes, it is possible to make a good living. I have been an MT for a long time, but I feel like there's just something I'm missing. Maybe not enough expanders? I don't know. What's the key to making $4k/mo or more? 90K/year would be friggin awesome! Congrats to you guys for achieving that! I'll listen to any tips you've got because OBVIOUSLY you know what you're doing! :) I make about $2500/mo (8 cpl) and I probably work about 4-5 hours a day... some days maybe more.

I agree that there's something to be said about having your own one or two accounts. I do NOT like working in a pool.... I just got hired for a position that works from a pool and although I am thankful for the work, I'm not looking forward to the pool. It just doesn't motivate me at all. I do much better when I've got my own thing to be responsible for.

As a side note, I have thought about trying to put together my own MT business but don't really know where to start...
Where to start justme - MTinNC
[ In Reply To ..]
Vistaprint.com has 100 free postcards right now, 250 free business cards, and several other freebie deals. You just pay shipping. Go to your phone book, start addressing the cards with local doctors, and see who bites. I'm about to do the same, myself. Best of luck to you.
Great idea MTinNC - justme
[ In Reply To ..]
Love the idea, but what about the other stuff like business license, dictation equipment, contracts, etc.? Blah. What are people charging clients anyway?
Thanks & best of luck to you too!!
Forgot to share my income - MTinNC
[ In Reply To ..]
Working approximately 20-25 hours a week, I make $1500 a month. I work for an MTSO part time and have one local client.
Lucky, lucky - Jessi
[ In Reply To ..]
You guys are so lucky. I've worked in a huge hospital for going on 10 years now at make 17/hour. I typically type between 2400 and 2700 lines in that eight hours.

I thought I would make a ton of money working for a service but every time I interview they tell me they pay like 4 cents a line for VR (and believe me, I've seen some of that stuff and you end up retyping it all anyway...for 4/line). If they DO have typing, it's only 20 to 30% of the time and it pays maybe 8 to 10 cents/line.

I would love to say I get all these benefits but so do you! Congrats to all of you!
Jessi - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
If you are typing between 2400 to 2700 lines in an eight-hour shift and making $17 an hour, you are only making $136 for your whole shift. If you could type those kind of lines as an independent contractor getting paid 0.8 per line, you would make $192 to $216. However, if you are reaping great benefits at the job you are at, then it is probably a wash, but something I'd definitely take into consideration.
MT - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with what you say. I would like to add that there is a trap in owning your own business and being successful. It is called the AMT (Alternative Minimum Tax) and one year I had to pay it--it hurts! So if you are on your own and making the bucks, be careful. (I love that bumper sticker that says: FIGHT ORGANIZED CRIME. ABOLISH THE IRS.)
No, not lucky, lucky - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
Luck has little, if anything, to do with it. There is an old saying: "The harder I work, the luckier I get." I think that applies here. :)- Not to worry, keep working at it, and I really do think things will change. BTW, I made a veeeery good income at 9 cpl. That was transcribing (I do not use the word "typing" because that is not what we do.) Good luck to you.

mamt - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, the 90s were great. (Both the era and the dough.) I am so glad not to commute anymore. I used to drive everywhere, even cross-country, now I loathe driving.

I really do not think the MT world will end. I think it will change, and those who can change with it will continue to do well. Who knows? Maybe some next new thing will come on and those with an adventurous spirit will jump on it and make just as much as we did--or more! I just am getting used to enjoying some time to myself and enjoying some of the things I never could when I worked so hard. BTW, I find it amusing that folks doubt what we made in the 90s. I know several friends who did it then. Those were days when a smaller MTSO could still make it without being worried about the squid eating you. If you were good and knew your stuff, both the money and the lines were there. My, how times have changed.
The 90s - were good times
[ In Reply To ..]
I made 45,000+ working less than 5 hours a day in the 90s as I only wanted part-time because my kids were small.

P.S. I'm the one that posted above about making $560 every two weeks at my last job. My how times have changed.

From $4800/mo. to $2400/mo. (clear) in a few years. - FlyingFingers

[ In Reply To ..]
You can see how much my income has fallen -- in half -- over the past few years. Both amounts are net. Plus the former amount included FULL benefits, the latter NO benefits, which makes a HUGE difference.

monthly pay around $6,000-7,000 BEFORE expenses - luckyladyinca

[ In Reply To ..]
That is before expenses, such as dictation system, account setup/maint., office rent, phone lines, service contracts, software, computers, IT, health insurance, office supplies/equipment, reference material, websites, FTP, advertising, hiring/training/QA....and then taxes. You know the list..Independent contractor

Right around $3500 per month - ERMT

[ In Reply To ..]
That is working a 40 hour week without overtime and not getting incentive. When I get incentive and get overtime, it is higher.

I make roughly $3600 to $4100 a month - sara

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been a MT for 15 years and am fortunate enough to work for a hospital group that still pay well.

Let's be realistic here...I make $1500 a month after taxes and - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I work as an employee for a national company. I also work 40 hours a week on horrible VR. Actually, I probably work more like 30 hours a week since I sit there and wait for work to come in. These people posting that they make 4000k a month.....ha ha!

Right? I don't get it - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm a single mom barely scratching out $1000 a month on a good month working 40/week as an MME. I was recently approved for food stamps and governmental insurance and I'm on a payment plan for my rent every month.

I would KILL to be able to pay my bills - if I made even $2000 a month I would be on cloud nine. Hard to do when you make $0.03 a line and I've been with the same company for 14 years. Somethin' ain't right.

I don't get it either....the way things are set up now it's - about minimum wage for many MTs...nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Anon - Anon2

[ In Reply To ..]
What's "wrong" is that you accepted a position with so low a line rate.
Nope - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
No, I actually "accepted" a position with a HIGH line rate 14 years ago. Each time I've been "promoted" (their words) my pay has dropped in half. I started out making $0.09 a line and now I'm down to $0.03 a line as a "tenured MME". Sometimes I *barely* make minimum wage.

I've checked around with other companies - the most any of them are paying for 90% VR work is $0.04. How anyone in this field earns more than that is a mystery to me.
anon - anon2
[ In Reply To ..]
Wow. I am still making 9 cpl, reduced from 9.5. There still ARE some good companies out there. Hang in there. I feel for you!
3 cents a line! No wonder - CB
[ In Reply To ..]
I posted above that I make $3500 (before taxes) a month. I actually made $4000+ at my last job (8 & 6 cpl, 9 & 7 weekend differential, headers/footers counted, and minimal ADT information to be entered all make a difference). I work very hard to make the $3500 right now as I also pay $800+ a month for insurance. I would never agree to work for 3 cents a line! Currently I get paid 5+ incentive for VR. For straight I only make 7.5+ incentive, but I transcribe at about 300 lph. It's really not a "mystery" or "unrealistic". I simply could not afford to work for less and be able to pay health insurance/mortgage/household bills.
I agree w/anon - flmt
[ In Reply To ..]
it's a mystery to me too how anyone is getting paid more than 4cpl for VR or 7 cpl for straight typing....every company I've looked into pays right about that much, and I have almost 15 yrs experience!

When I first started out, I made 9.5 cpl. I'm now down to 7 for ST and 3.5 for VR and looking for a way out of this dead end job.
I have numbers from last 5 companies I interviewed with... - CB
[ In Reply To ..]
What I am trying to say is that since that is your personal experience, that doesn't mean those of us posting better pay are exaggerating. I just took the time to look through my notes when I applied for a job back in the spring of this year (with 20+ years of experience). I researched, took a lot of time-consuming tests, and interviewed with 6 companies. The other 5 offered (VR & straight, not including incentives, differential, etc.): 4.25 & 7.25, 5.25 & 7, 4 & 8, 4 & 8.5, and 4 & 8.75. Not one was less than 4 for VR.

Someone posted that "realistic" was her after-taxes pay of $1500 a month. That's only $375 a week. Another agreed that was more realistic, saying that she only makes 3 cents a line and barely $1000 a month. Sorry, for me that would NOT be realistic to survive on and I would do all I could to find another MT job. Both deserve to be paid better at another company.
We don't know if they "deserve to be paid better at another company" - Please see message
[ In Reply To ..]
We don't know if they "deserve to be paid better at another company" or not. We have no idea if they even know how to transcribe. We don't know a thing about their skills or whether they have any. We also don't know about their work ethics, attitude, personality, whether they use crude or vulgar language on the job, whether they manage to show up for work when they are supposed to work, whether they follow the account instructions, or, as in two cases that I can remember from my personal experience, are pathological liars. We don't know.

Many of the people on here are in the wrong place and should switch companies as soon as they can. They aren't being paid enough and they do have good skills.

Many of the others are chronic complainers, exaggerators, and not great workers. I'm positive of this because I know some of the people who post here. I'm not their boss or supervisor and never have been, but I know that they chronically make things up, exaggerate, and don't get much work done because they spend most of their time complaining.

Here's hoping that all those who have good skills and work ethics find the very best of employers and stay with those jobs as long as they want them! Let's hope the other category finds something else to do with their time, and another career for which they are qualified. Just had to get that off my chest today.

Guys - get a clue!! - Do some Research

[ In Reply To ..]
Anon said, "Somethin ain't right." DUH!!! You say you are making 3 cpl with a company that you have been with for 14 YEARS???!!!! What "ain't right" is that you are still there! You have accepted this! Why?

I was hired and left a company that I thought was awful (not the people, but the account) that paid 5.5 for VR and 8 for typing. I am now making 6 cpl for VR and 9 cpl for typing, which I turn into a little over $50,000 a year. It would be more, but I do not work 40 hours a week, maybe 35-37. It is not that hard. Ours is a smaller company with fair pay and expectations. The company knows that to keep good MT's, they have to work with us on achieving our financial goals. This means a constant flow of work at a fair wage, and backup accounts if you need them. We are allowed to get many of the same dictators on a regular basis. That improves the quality of work, lessens the need for QA, is great for TAT, and puts more $$ in your pocket. There is no need to over-hire, and customer service is as important to the MTs as it is to management. Heck, we don't even have audits. (I DO NOT share my company name or receive e mails from this board).

I have worked in MT a long time and have been lucky enough to have 22 years with accounts as described above. I did my research. I did not accept a position just because someone would hire me. It had to be right for ME. I had to know I could make it profitable. Now, I did have to take a position for several months at $1,600 a month until I could better myself and found the perfect fit for me, but I did not stop looking until I found it. I do not settle. I don't care how nice management is or how long you have been with a company, or what you have been "promoted to," SHOW ME THE MONEY.

I know my abilities. I know what I am capable of. While I do not expect to ever see 10 or 11 cpl again, I am certainly not going to accept or allow any company to make me live on less than what I know I am capable of making. Heck, there was a time when I turned 7.5 cpl into $35,000 a year.

Anon, you have been in this business long enough that you should not be settling for what you revealed here. If your skills are less than adequate, that is a different story. It is with so many MTs who do not admit that, but it is true. They hang in there for low pay and constantly no work. They figure no one else will hire them, and they may be right. The companies they work for know it too. If any of you are not this kind of MT, you have been around, you know your stuff, you are reliable, and are not afraid of work - you keep moving until you hit the jackpot. It is not like winning the lottery either. There are companies looking for you. You are hard to find. It takes time to make that connection, but it is so worth it when you do.

No, jobs are not plentiful, but they are posted on the boards every single day. You just keep testing and applying every time you see what you are looking for until it eventually pays off. As far as I am concerned, those who settle for less are actually afraid of more (money, work, expectations, capabilities). I have been through it all, and somehow find a way to come out on top. Many years of experience, dedictation, hard work, and reliability always work in my favor.
Exactly. You have to stay on top of things and keep - testing, but not be a slave! nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Blah Blah. Profession is DYING. - Realist
[ In Reply To ..]
All the experience, hard work, and dedication in the world will not change the FACT that medical transcription is doing the death rattle.

And in any DYING industry, the opportunities become WORSE as they become FEWER.

Good for you that you landed a position with a company that pays 0.O9 PL. Despite your cheerleading, not EVERYONE can work at that rate because there simply AREN'T ENOUGH POSITIONS LIKE THAT to go around. And even 0.09 PL isn't enough if management treats its MTs like CRAP. I would rather make 8.5 cents from a company that treats me with RESPECT and also offers PLENTY OF WORK -- both of which my current company DOES NOT DO, and yes like you I am paid 0.09 per line and am MISERABLE.
We used to have to apply and then go to dozens of hour-long interviews - to get a job
[ In Reply To ..]
Too many people think it's just too much trouble to sit down at their desk and apply/test for jobs.

You have no idea how great you have it. You don't even have to leave your home to go to interview after interview and then wait for weeks before they called to let you know that you didn't get the job, if they bothered to let you know at all. Most didn't.

It's just too much trouble these days to hit the SEND button. It's even more horribly awful to have to actually take a test!

The problem is not all with the employers.

You should be making more - justme

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm definitely striving to make closer to the 4k mark, but I can honestly say that I have made up to $3500 several times. My average is about $2500/mo currently and I don't work 40 hours a week either. Sounds like you've been working your buns off for the same company for 14 years and they are taking advantage. Best of luck to you. I was a single mom at one time too, so I see where you're comin from. Look for something else though - you should definitely be able to clear $2000 pretty easily.

Find another company. - Wouldnotworkforthat

[ In Reply To ..]
When I used to work for Transcend, I was getting 11 CPL and 5 for VR. Ask for a different shift and ask for extra for working an undesirable shift. There are still smaller companies out there as well that are willing to pay more.

Let's be realistic - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't judge others by your abilities and standards. I know many people who still make 4K a month.

Here's realistic for ya. - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
As long as there is some MT who will accept 3 cpl to edit on a "crappy" system, the companies will keep offering it. They know someone will do it for that. What you have to ask yourself is why is it you? Keep moving.

I would not accept 3 cpl even if the reports were perfect and I did not have to change one thing! This is why there is such a high turnover. This is why they over-hire.
Here's realistic for ya. - Nick
[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, I agree with you totally.
WRONG. They overhire for the TAT. - MTManager
[ In Reply To ..]
You are incorrect.

Even companies with very low turnover rates overhire/overstaff their accounts. That is because it doesn't cost them any more and the client gets better TAT.

Been doing it for years. I work for a hospital...(sm) - ME

[ In Reply To ..]
I happen to work for a hospital that pays very well, still. Go ahead and think that it is not true, but I have been averaging between $3600 to $4100 a month. I make roughly $50,000 a year, but at one point was making, at my highest, $64,000. I could really care less if you think I am lying or not, because it is my bank account that I see my check put in twice a month. I have nothing to prove to you, but was answering the poster's question.

approx $1100-1200 mo - flmt

[ In Reply To ..]
but I usually only put in about 30 hrs/wk because I hate MTing now (thanks to pay cuts and increased line requirements) and do the minimum hrs to get PTO time. Usually works out to about $9-10/hr which is what most businesses in my area pay for in-house workers, so it's still beneficial for me to do this crap since I get to be home and not spend anything on daycare/gas/work clothes/etc.

I used to make quite a bit more but I've burnt out and am just biding my time until I think of something else to do from home that's more lucrative AND enjoyable.

I make about $1000/month, working 6 days/wk. - It sux, I know, but it is what it is.

[ In Reply To ..]

Would anyone mind sharing where they work to make this good money? - hopeful

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't had enough work to make this much $$

Similar Messages:

Worried About Being Able To Even Make What I Used To Make Doing
Apr 11, 2011

I seem to be spending an awful lot of time in VR documents, so I am confused as to why I am getting paid less for them.  This stupid VR system types whatever it thinks it might be hearing and sometimes doesn't type anything at all.  I hate this VR.  I am up to 1800 lines but usually do 2200-2500 a day on straight transcription.  I don't know how I am going to feed my children.  I am a single mom and the head of household.  Believe me the child support isn& ...

How Much Does A CCM Make
Jun 17, 2010

And do they get bonuses based on TAT?   have always been curious about this.  There was a time when I made more per year than an asst. supervisor (back at my co. before MQ bought us out).  Of course that is not the case anymore.  Any educated guesses? ...

Do Any Of The MTs Out There Make At Least...sm
Jan 25, 2011

$15 an hour on a daily basis.  I am in a horrific job right now (outside of my home) and need to make at least what I am making now which is about $15 an hour for a total of $97 a day.  I know transcription is tough nowadays, but if I go back to MT, do you think I can make at least that on a daily basis? ...

Is It Possible To Make
Aug 17, 2011

around $1,000/month part-time in this industry? ...

I Seriously Don't Know How To Make This Better
Aug 24, 2011

I've been working with this company for over 90 days. The first 90 days was a paid internship. Paid hourly, minimum wage. I am now a full time employee...paid on production.   However, I can not even seem to make minimum wage while on production pay! It is driving me nuts and is very discouraging. I'm not sure where to point the finger.   I worked 8 hours, only took one 20 minute break to eat. Over those 8 hours, according to the employers data base, I did around 1200 lin ...

MUP (make Up Pay)
Sep 25, 2012

Anyone every get fired from Nuance for MUP?  ...

Okay Say I Make 10/6
Nov 05, 2012

What do you think they will do to get rid of me? I am really worried now, reading about all these terminations. ...

I DO NOT Want To Make Anyone Mad....
Nov 13, 2012

I looked at all the emails under here when I stopped work this afternoon and was hoping for a good description of the Town Hall meeting thingy.  What was the upshot?  Anything other than the usual blah blah blah?  Anything we need to know or else! LOL ...

Can You Make Any $$ With VR???
Feb 23, 2013

Okay, I'm waaaay behind the times.  I have been doing straight transcription for 35 years and am about to switch to VR editing at 0.45 cents per line.  Good Grief.  Can I make any money doing this??  My straight transcription accounts have all switched over about 80% of their work to VR and left all the truly terrible dictators on straight.  ...

How Much Do You Make?
Jul 22, 2013

Make's One Wonder--sm
Aug 07, 2013

Apparently the account I work on will be going completely offshore.  I am being moved to an account that I know has work (at least for now, not sure how many others will be switched to this one too).  I have to wonder though when will be the point when accounts go offshore and people are just fired.  While people do quit, is it enough to ensure there is still work stateside.  I have things that need to be taken care of.  New tires, new brakes, a new refrigerator, etc.&n ...

Does VR Make Anyone
Jul 27, 2014

after doing report after report?  Most of the reports I do are long, and there are so many incorrect words, looking at the mess that makes so sense, following along with the words,  and correcting literally makes me nauseated.   I feel like my eyeballs are crossed trying to focus in where the dictator is which is hard when the words I see are not the words I hear.  Sure can tell a transcriptionist had no part in developing this crap. I have ...

I Have Never Had So Much Make-up Pay!
Jan 21, 2015

After celebrating having no make-up pay last paycheck, I have an absolutely horrific amount of make-up pay this paycheck. The difference?????? Cesspool, a lot of bad audio and even worse ASR output than the normal terrible output. Got told today that my minor error rate is above metrics. They apparently have decided to inflict that on us now, despite the fact that I have passed every audit. They have also been auditing us every day. Gotta measure every bit they can think of! Oh what ...

I Cannot Make My C-LPH......
Jun 26, 2015

to save my life!  ...

What If MQ Decides To Make Us All Become MME's!
Jan 12, 2010

Didn't MQ make the CTL's become MME's?  If that happens to the MT's and you reject it, I assume you will be fired and if so, can you still collect unemployment?  What if you they point blank and say, you have to become an MME or you will have look elsewhere.  Can you somehow collect unemployment whether you quit or get fired or will you lose out unemployment benefits.  Basically, it is a no win situation for us MT's?  ...

Sorry, But Does This Make Sense?
Jan 17, 2010

There is a tachycardia present with a rate of 175 without atopic beats. ...

MED Term Cannot Make Out!
Jan 26, 2010

I can NOT make out the word on my dication tape!! It is a drug sounds like On-Seff...........I know I've used it before but I just can't remember the spelling... HELP PLEASE anyone!!! Lol ...

Does This Make Sense - Please Sm.
Feb 03, 2010

He does s/l weigh with the natural resting position to external rotation.   ...

Does This All Make Sense?
Feb 03, 2010

long day and not sure this all sounds correct. tia.   MRI scan does show a complete tear of the supraspinatus portion of the rotator cuff with a retracted tendon.  It also shows a partial tear of the subscapularis tendon and transverse humeral ligament.  There is also splitting of the biceps tendon in the glenohumeral joint.  He has an anterior/inferior labral tear and some paralabral cysts, and severe degenerative changes in the acromioclavicular joint and some degenerativ ...

Does This Make Sense-
Feb 07, 2010

Knee range of motion is lacking 5 degrees of full extension to 110 degrees, at which point there is soft tissue approximation. ...

Cant Seem To Make A Living
Feb 22, 2010

I have worked as a radiology transcriptionist for over ten years .  My pay has been cut in half and jobs are hard to find. I take tests and no one calls back.  I usually only have their email anyway.    I am now learning acute care because it seems for last few years it has been the only game in town.  However, I cannot believe how hard it is and I am getting paid the same as radiology.  It's becoming impossible to afford to live on this income, but I ...

How Do You Make Expansions
Jun 30, 2010

How do you make expansions.  I know F4 is to turn it off and on but how do you make new ones,  I am having stress which makes my brain malfunction. ...

Trying To Make Sense Out Of This
Mar 31, 2010

I agree that the MT biz has become extremely hard and frustrating, but I am copying and pasting something I read below because if I had responded to that, it would have been lost, as messages don't get updated on this board, and I would like other's opinions.  "You are absolutely right. I had worked for a couple of other good companies before going back to MQ, and found that the "experience" I got from MQ was not very good at all. The new companies followed the Book of Style 3, w ...

You CAN Make Big Bucks With VR!! NOT
Apr 18, 2010

Poster below crows about how much money they make with VR.  What are these big bucks, you struggling VR people ask?  Poster states they clear $1000 a pay period--A whole $24,000 a year!  THOSE ARE THE BIG BUCKS??????  Sad, truly, truly sad.  ...

Make Sense??
May 06, 2010

Hypertension ocular losses.  is that right?? does it make sense?? ...

Do More Make Less, Yessiree!!!!
May 15, 2010

Okay fellow MT'ers.  Gestapo measures are in place nationwide as I see it.  Just informed by MTSO that since the new platform is going to be so wonderful, that I will be able to double or triple my production, (Right!!!) hence I will be getting 2 cents a line less for speech.  Okay, as an  IC , I pay all all own expenses, SS, equipment, internet, (HIPAA room), utilities, electronic and book references, education, wrists, fingers, feet and toes, so take another ...

Things That Make Me Go Hmm
May 19, 2010

Have ya ever wondered, WHY is it that we get "audited" when we are having really, really bad work days? Why does the "computer randomly chose" (ha!) the most difficult, awful report to review?   My latest audit was on a dictator I had NEVER EVER DONE before, on a brand spanking new account, was 1098 minutes and ASR and ESL!  I got an 84%.  (Hey! as far as I'm concerned that should have been an A+++!!  Least I gave them something that looked like a report.) I a ...

Unable To Make Out!
Jun 27, 2010

The doc is saying " This PI (hear as PI, not sure what it is)  is a 9-year-old white male who is in good health and ( I hear it is cola, after the and, could it be colon?) earlier this am when he presented quick complaints with headache, fever, chills _____ ( hear as provia)for next to his nausea and vomiting ____ ( hear as " times wound). Looks like I cannot get on in this field much longer, if I hear to doctors transcribing this way. Please help! ...

Does This Make Sense
Jul 15, 2010

His psychotic symptoms have always been [s/l a vague and oddness] ...

What Do You Do To Make Yourself Comfortable
Jul 30, 2010

I get soo uncomfortable sitting for at least 8 hours every day.  My right arm and hand just ache/sore constantly, and my fingers, especially on my right hand, are really getting painful.  I sit with my keyboard on my lap (on a pillow), sit with a pillow underneath and behind me.  My heel even hurts from using the foot pedal.  I'm wondering if a left hand keyboard would work for me, or an ergonomic.  I've used an ergonomic before (it broke) and didn't recal ...