A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Oh my dear Lord - 10 Nifty Ways to Pump Up Production? - anon

Posted: Mar 24, 2010

Once again, whoever is writing this drivel needs fired and spread out their salary to those actually working.  Just when I think I can't get any more fed up. . .

What are they? Can you share please? - not at MQ but love production tips... please nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

These really only work for MQ MTs - production tips

[ In Reply To ..]
1. Quit and get a better job.
2. Quit and get a better job.
3. Quit and get a better job.
4. Quit and get a better job.
5. Quit and get a better job.
6. Quit and get a better job.
7. Quit and get a better job.
8. Quit and get a better job.
9. Quit and get a better job.
10. Qut and get a better job.

There.... Your production just increased.

Nifty? Nifty? Okay, that is it . . . - I have had enough . . .

[ In Reply To ..]
Who uses the word "NIFTY"? Who? Not me. Not in this decade. Somebody in India might though.

What a bunch of pigs the MQ board members are. Nothing but a bunch of filthy animals!

First they try to cram this FTR down our throats by creating a devious way to put it in our own writing that we accept these pay cuts by making it seem like a "FUN" "cash award" "contest."

Uh, yeah, right.

Now they are listing "NIFTY" friggin tips on how to make do with the pittance of wages we make.

I can't stand MQ. The day I get the call from my new job telling me I can start is not coming soon enough. That moment, THAT VERY MOMENT, I abandon the 50 cent 10 page job I am on, turn off that computer, RAM IT in the box, kick the box around the floor for 10 minutes while singing "DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD." Then I will throw it down my steps and take it to the postoffice with a BIG RED LIPSTICK KISS MARK ON THE FRONT OF IT. I will tell MQ in my hand written notice that they can STICK THE KISS WHERE NO SUN EVER SHINES!

"NIFTY" THAT MQ!!!

In other words they can kiss off . . - They can have their slave job . .

[ In Reply To ..]
How does MQ wrap up pay cuts, department eliminations and DEMOTIONS?

They wrap them in CUTESY FAKE CONTESTS and emails that are nothing but a SLAP in our faces. That email should read

IN ORDER TO MAKE MINIMUM WAGE, DO NOT BREATHE, DO NOT REMOVE FINGERS FROM KEYBOARD, DO NOT GO TO THE BATHROOM FOR YOUR ENTIRE SHIFT. OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT EVEN HIT THE MINIMUM WAGE MARK.

They are nothing but sharks in the water. As we read that email, they are devising more ways to take money from us and reduce payroll and head count.

STINKY THUGS.

Sorry, I am at my wits end.

Nifty, Gee, That's Swell! - adios

[ In Reply To ..]
Can't agree with you more. Every day the only thing that keeps me going is the faith that another job is around the corner.

It is so insulting to see those tips. Ya, right, that is why I am making no money, forgetting to check the repository, then checking the old report look-up, then asking for samples. That's why my production is so low.

Glad I'm not the only one who groaned when I saw that e-mail. Nifty. Please. That just really cheapens our attempt to pay our bills and the feeling of disempowerment we all feel when we know our line counts have dropped through know fault of our own, and are continually asked to believe it must be us.

I have fallen for it so many times. Maybe now I will understand where my lines went and how to get them back. Then I wait the hour it takes to be able to pull it up and read it and feel like an idiot again.

Please.

Don't waste your money. They will send you a shipping label and you can call UPS for pickup. - mrs.krabs

[ In Reply To ..]
I finally got mine the other day, only a month after quitting. It's a relief not to have to look at that POS anymore.

Here are MY "10 Nifty Ways to Pump Up Production" - s/msg

[ In Reply To ..]
To all MTSO's:

1. Show us the money. You make tons of it. We know it. You know it. Try paying us more of it, and cheating us out of less of it.

2. Simplify your transcription platforms. Every time you "improve" them, for some STRANGE reason, it gets harder and harder to do a day's work on them. Some software salesman has sure taken advantage of whoever in your company buys transcription software. Please. Develop some sales resistance.

3. Let MTs working on a primary account STAY on that account, whydontcha? Once they pick up speed, knowledge of the specialty(ies), and a little "institutional memory" for that facility, you give it to someone else, and start that MT out on something totally foreign to them. I'm not saying we should have no variety, but I AM saying, once we've got good speed and knowledge of a certain account, it's counterproductive to all concerned to keep bouncing us around.

4. Incentives. "Essay Contests?" C'mon - get real. That's bull, and you know it. Production contests where all you get is the CHANCE to have your name pulled out of a hat for a prize? Pul-EEEZE. We're not that dumb. Give us real, monetary rewards for those times when we give up our weekends to help you with your backlog.

5. Flexibility. You *claim* to have "flexible" schedules in your ads. Then you try to lock us (IC's included) into rigid schedules, penalizing or locking out MTs who must sometimes deviate. We may be just keyboard-pounders to you, but we ARE humans, after all. We get sick sometimes. Or hurt. Or have dentist appointments. Work around it. That's what your production coordinators get the big bucks for, so how 'bout they EARN it for once? Your rigid-as-a-schoolmarm schedules were bad enough when we were in-house. At home, when work dribbles in at 3 jobs an hour, and on what you're paying, it's ridiculous.

6. Go back to paying OVERTIME. Nuff said on that subject.

7. Pay your QA's better, and TRAIN them better. Most of them are illiterate, and they're confusing and/or pissing off your MTs to the point of quitting.

8. Learn more about what we actually DO when we work for you. Most of you don't have a clue what medical transcription is - all you know is pie charts and profits. Broaden your education. Try transcribing one of your accounts for a day. You might actually come to respect what we do.

9. Un-learn the outdated, 1950's "punitive" management style. People DON'T work harder, faster or smarter to avoid punishment. Punishment only breeds resentment and passive aggression in the workplace. We'll work harder for respect and an actual living wage, than we will from fear. Quit dinging us all the time for what we do wrong, and start rewarding us for when we've put out the extra effort you keep begging for.

10. Re-consider your belief that offshoring is good. Yeah, you're making a tidy profit right now, but sooner or later, it's going to come back to bite you big-time. Another added benefit of becoming a 100% American company again? Maybe after you die, you won't go to hell. Because the way things are now in medical transcription, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that's straight where you're going someday.

Great list except for number 10. Too late for that. - MQ isnt MQ anymore . .

[ In Reply To ..]
CBay owns MQ. CBay is India. There is no going back on that one. Their plans are to take it ALL to India except for the very few clients who say no. But they will work on those clients, too, just like they control our work flow and slash our earnings.

They will dangle a real cheap carrot in front of the client's face and see what happens.

Ya know what Id like to see sent to India? - IfWishesWereHorses

[ In Reply To ..]
A large metallic device that, when dropped from great heights, produces a large, mushroom-shaped cloud.
Naw, that is too good for them. - beggers would ride
[ In Reply To ..]
That would be quick an painless. They should have to suffer like us... give them a slow, painful death! GIVE THEM THE FTR PROGRAM!
Thats right, dock them 3 cpl for sending a blank to each of their QA! What? They won't make any money? Awwww, too bad. Then don't work there!
Im sure as soon as another lowlife country (China, perhaps?) - underbids India, thats exactly what will happen! n
[ In Reply To ..]
I hope I am still around to hear the Indians whining when they lose their jobs!!!! - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Maybe we should take out ads to promote the Chinese labor force? - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
HaaHaa! Oh no! We are losing our minds!! So this is what a nervous - breakdown looks like!!
[ In Reply To ..]
I read the two posts above and thought it is not funny really, but I am laughing my a** off!!! HaaaHaaaHeeee!

MQ is pushing us off the edge!!! It's so sad!!!!
or we could send them our bankers & politicians - L&L
[ In Reply To ..]
and just destroy their economy...
Excellent idea! - Zircon - nm
[ In Reply To ..]

s/msg for president!! - (Whoever you are)

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm praying one or more of the MQ suits reads your words.

They will. But they wont care. I was told by my old CCM - That they lurk here all the time.

[ In Reply To ..]
But they don't care though. They probably have everything planned out to the day for the next five years.

I don't think we have seen NOTHIN YET. They got more tricks up their slimy sleeves.

Sorry I didnt ID myself - was in too pissy a mood and - forgot. Sorry bout that. - Zircon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Well said - Badcat

[ In Reply To ..]
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Yeah, cuz all of that was BRAND NEW INFORMATION, right? - MT bank account

[ In Reply To ..]
why didn't they give us these tips before? Surely now we can ALL double our production!! No more excuses!!

Similar Messages:

Another Nifty Shorthand Trick
Nov 11, 2009

Elsewhere, someone just suggested that you can use it to pop up reminders to yourself on the screen. I've been hauling around a little green loose-leaf notebook since about 1976, with words and phrases I had/have trouble remembering. Many of the words in it have been made long-since obsolete because now we have spell-check. But there are still any number of things that it might be hard to remember all the time. For instance... I had to write down what the numbers after gravida and par ...

Q-pump Catheter? Aq? Hq? Nm
Dec 08, 2009

nm ...

S/L Threofuzib Pump
Jan 15, 2010

The patient has a ____ pump in her belly; it is unchanged and stable S/L threofuzib or 3-0 fuzib.......... Any ideas??????   ...

Flexitouch Lesser Pump
Aug 26, 2013

patient is in decongestive therapy, custom flat knit garment. He did have a Flexitouch ____(s/l lesser) pump trial completed today.   Any ideas what this could be? ...

Dear Lord Help.
Aug 30, 2010

Been sitting here 3 hours with mostly NJA.  Got a moron doing venous Dopplers on an account not familiar to me.  I couldn't even understand the patient's names (of course, there was a string of them in a row all on the same report), much less much of what he was dictating, even though I have done venous Dopplers for years.  Just waiting and hoping for work and get a friggin' Japanese girl who literally sounds like she is about 4 years old.  I know I am getting ...

Oh Lord, Stuck In
Apr 17, 2012

apologies to CCR ...

S/l Mintal Acting Pain Pump
Jan 22, 2010

He had cardiac catheterization and was placed on s/l mintal acting pain pump. ...

Intrathecal Pain Pump Medications...
Oct 18, 2011

Doc is saying within the pump infusion she has had baclofen, s/l UPVK, and Sufenta.  TIA ...

SR - Lord, I Wish I Could Leave This As Rendered.
Jun 16, 2015

So, the deal is that this patient had a turkey dinner in her fridge for a month, ate it and got food poisoning (doh!).  Dictator is ESL, of course. "ADMISSION DIAGNOSIS: 1.  Food poisoning due to eating an old male." I fell OUT of my chair.     ...

I Heard From The Time Lord
Jun 22, 2015

I asked if I could flex a couple of hours tomorrow. Of course, I was shot down.  I was told that was a last minute request.  However, she was off all last week.   ...

Paul Ricci Is A Glorified Slum Lord --
Oct 02, 2014

xx ...

Good Lord, Only 200 Reports In The Entire Western Region
Jan 26, 2014

Looks like it's going to be another one of those days ... there should be plenty of work after the maintenance last night but nope, single jobs available in most of the western facilities.  Pathetic.  ...

Looking For Ways To Make Sure You Don't Get 99%.
Jan 03, 2013

Mark me for missing the word "the" in a sentence??? - and on a dictator who mumbles 100 miles per hour? ...

Does It Work Both Ways?
Mar 28, 2014

Just wondering if those of you who oppose offshoring would work for a foreign company?  I know of some MTs who work for Australian company Ozescribe - they have MTs in Australia, USA, Canada and Israel plus probably a few other countries.  Isn't that the same as Indians transcribing for US companies? If not, what makes it different?  I'm trying to understand why it's okay for US workers to work for other countries but not the other way around?  Or would it be ...

What Are Some Ways To Increase Productivity? Nm
Apr 17, 2011

x ...

What Ways Can The Images Be Said At The Start Of A Chest CT?
Jul 20, 2010

What are some ways that a doctor can dictate a chest CT?  I can't understand what she is saying.   It sounds like amiable mirror column images were obtained.  ...

What Are Different Ways To Calculate For Faxing Reports?
Oct 12, 2011

My employer has agreed to pay to have me fax reports to several different facilities.  I have to print out every report I fax (if someone knows a different way, I'm listening)...  so, we're talking time, paper, toner, wear and tear on equipment.....   How are people out there calculating to do that?  My employer hasn't a clue and I'm treading unfamiliar waters?  Any help?? ...

Caliceal Or Calyceal Stone, I Have Seen Both Ways, Which Is The
Feb 20, 2013

preferred way. ...

Ha Ha Winning Ways News Letter
Jul 29, 2013

Seriously who cares? Give me work and pay me a decent wage. I don't ask for too much. ...

Pt Scores Himself As A 13 Out Of 15 On S/l AY-WAYS Score With Urinary Incontinence. Nm
Jun 10, 2010

:) ...

What Ways Can I Continue To Grow In Skills After Graduating?
Jul 13, 2010

Hello fellow MT's! I am almost finished with my MT course, and I would like some counsel from everyone on their experiences with continuing education after graduation. First I am going to go for my RMT as recommended by the ADHI. What tools and resources did you use that helped? Which ones do you recommend? Has anyone gotten a degree to enhance their knowledge, and if so, what degree? I have recently been discharged after 8 yrs in the Army and I have been studying in my ...

Is Rhomboid Flap Capitalized. I Can Find It Both Ways!
Oct 13, 2011

xx ...

I Wonder If The Two Year Coding Contract Works Both Ways?
Mar 16, 2014

After your six months of training, they put you on production and you are unable to meet their standards with accuracy or amount of charts?  Are you guaranteed to have a job for two years?  Yes, they are paying for your schooling, so you owe them two years, but you WILL be spending your time studying and supposedly the program is very intense -- do you get a guarantee for employment for that long? ...

Once And For All ... It Is Degenerative Disk Or Disc Disease? I Keep Getting Corrected Both Ways :)
May 12, 2010

Disk versus disc ...

Is It Mucous Secretions And Mucus Production Or Mucous Production?
Mar 11, 2013

Is it mucous secretions and mucus production or mucous production? ...

Is It Cam Boot Or CAM Boot? I'm Never Sure And I Find It Both Ways!
Nov 18, 2014

xx ...

PRODUCTION PAY
Nov 02, 2009

I would like to know how MTSO's get away with paying MTs and MT editors not hourly, not salary, but solely on how much they produce like they are working on an "assembly line"!!!  Being paid on how much one produces is "pathetic" and is not paying MTs/Editors based on their "knowledge, skill, or experience", and I think is an injustice to the medical transcription profession as a whole. What happens also when an MT/editor works over 40 hours per week.  By federal ...

Production Req'ts
Sep 06, 2012

Does the company you work for have production requirements?  I've never worked with any, but we were just informed that some are coming and that the industry standard is 150+ lines/hr.  I could do 150/hr on a good day, but if there are not a lot of reports available, it would be very hard.  Just looking for others who work with production req'ts and how you cope.  Thanks for your feedback. ...

Well, I'm Under The Gun For My Production.
Sep 14, 2012

I'm at stage 2 now. I've got a conference call for my verbal warning next week. Problem is - I have been in the 'cesspool' for months now. One day I (and apparently everyone else in my group) suddenly had next to no more work from my primary accounts. The account has very apparently gone overseas. Every once in a while 1 report will show up, so I am sure MM has not lost that account. I can see a lone job show up every once in a while in DQM. Since then, I have had no ...

QC Going To Production?
Feb 21, 2015

Is there a date set yet for when QC will be on production? My thought is, if they are going to this and do MLS work as well when no QC available, Nuance probably has to figure out some fancy grid work to figure their pay on this as well. Nuance still hiring like crazy, offering sign on bonuses, recruiting off different web sites, and then some of us sit with OOW, at least on the US only accounts. The last few weeks it has been VERY regular that we run into OOW.  Not even offered to w ...