A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dear Lord help. - sick and tired

Posted: Aug 30, 2010

Been sitting here 3 hours with mostly NJA.  Got a moron doing venous Dopplers on an account not familiar to me.  I couldn't even understand the patient's names (of course, there was a string of them in a row all on the same report), much less much of what he was dictating, even though I have done venous Dopplers for years.  Just waiting and hoping for work and get a friggin' Japanese girl who literally sounds like she is about 4 years old.  I know I am getting old, but this one sounds like a CHILD.  I can't understand two thirds of her soft, sweet, little timid self. 

I know, at least I have a report.  Please no flamin' -- just having a hard morning trying to make a living. 

If I get one more "eater" I'm gonna.... (sm) - I feel your pain.

[ In Reply To ..]
Some days, I really can't see why I do this any more. Oh yeah, I have no wardrobe since I've worked at home so long. One day, I'm going to go to Goodwill and find the best "work" clothes I can afford, and I'm gonna break free from this rut and get a real job with real pay and no arrogant **** eating or chewing gum while they dictate, etc.

I am glad I am not the only one with no clothes left. - sick and tired

[ In Reply To ..]
Saw an ad for a concierge job last week. Even that sounds more fun that what I am doing, but I would have to buy something besides jean and T-shirts.

making a living is a joke - also sick and tired

[ In Reply To ..]
I've given 29 years to this industry and feel totally screwed by it. I'm frustrated at trying to get insurance, 150 lines/hr is not easy for me to maintain. Plus when I do get it I won't have that much $$ left after I pay for it. If I only knew back then starting out what I know now. I thought I had found a career I loved, but didn't realize it would be a get-nowhere, dead-end career, if you can even call it that. I'm making less now than I did when I started out. I don't know I would even call it making a living anymore. This job is for women who don't need insurance and don't need to make that much money. At least from my viewpoint.

Similar Messages:

Oh Lord, Stuck In
Apr 17, 2012

apologies to CCR ...

SR - Lord, I Wish I Could Leave This As Rendered.
Jun 16, 2015

So, the deal is that this patient had a turkey dinner in her fridge for a month, ate it and got food poisoning (doh!).  Dictator is ESL, of course. "ADMISSION DIAGNOSIS: 1.  Food poisoning due to eating an old male." I fell OUT of my chair.     ...

I Heard From The Time Lord
Jun 22, 2015

I asked if I could flex a couple of hours tomorrow. Of course, I was shot down.  I was told that was a last minute request.  However, she was off all last week.   ...

Paul Ricci Is A Glorified Slum Lord --
Oct 02, 2014

xx ...

Oh My Dear Lord - 10 Nifty Ways To Pump Up Production?
Mar 24, 2010

Once again, whoever is writing this drivel needs fired and spread out their salary to those actually working.  Just when I think I can't get any more fed up. . . ...

Good Lord, Only 200 Reports In The Entire Western Region
Jan 26, 2014

Looks like it's going to be another one of those days ... there should be plenty of work after the maintenance last night but nope, single jobs available in most of the western facilities.  Pathetic.  ...