A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

If they keep cutting benefits, eventually, we'll be paying them for the honor of working for th - TimeToGetOutOfDodge

Posted: Sep 10, 2013

That's what they want. Them and Nuance too. - xx

[ In Reply To ..]
I bet they become "schools" and charge for the privilege of working for them.

Similar Messages:

Working For Acusis Is An Honor!
Dec 11, 2013

I have to say... working for Acusis is an honor!  This company treats their employees with the utmost respect, fiinds work when needed and has contests for employees.  I recently won a gift card and received a holiday gift on top of that.  This company is an example of who to work for if anyone needs to work.  Amphion, observe and learn from this company and how they treat their people!!  ...

Working At These Terribly Low-paying MT Jobs.
Dec 09, 2012

I have a couple of questions.  What happens if you don't make at least minimum wage as an employee?  A few questions down, it is calculated around $5/hr if the poster makes what she says.  Do they fire you if you are under minimum wage?  How do they keep MTs at that low, low rate? Also someone pointed out "it's even as an IC."  Curious (I'm really confused) why it matters if you are IC or an employee.  Obviously there are benefits, but aren't yo ...

Tax Question. I Got Done Working For A Small MTSO Last January But She Was Late In Paying Me The La
Dec 26, 2009

so I did not get the checks until sometime in January/Feb.  She never sent my 1099 on time when I worked for her so I doubt I will even get one this year unless she decides to say she paid me more than she really did (which I would not put past her).  Do I have to claim the money she paid me in 2009 even though I should have received it in 2008??  With the two paid in 2009 that should have been paid in 2008 ($488.25) and the two that were supposed to be paid in 2009 ($418.25).&nbs ...

AHDI And Medquist Honor MTs Of The Year
Oct 18, 2010

Does anyone know the region(s) the MTs work that were recently honored by the CEO?  How can you be considered for this award if you constantly get NJA now?  North region out of work since early this morning.  Even 11pm shift now has NJA daily. ...

Who Will Eventually Buy Out Whom
Mar 07, 2012

So Nuance bought out Transcend? It will probably come down to only 2 companies left, Nuance and IM*Moral.  Then they will either fight to the death or team up. ...

My Opinion On What Is Eventually Going To Happen Here At MQ For Us ALL.....
Sep 23, 2010

Slowly they will transfer accounts, one by one, to India, starting with the easiest accounts/work types first.  Soon we here in the US will be left with ONLY the bottom of the barrel indecipherable CRAP........which we will have to send to QA hence our pay will be practically reduced to what they pay for Indians to do the work.  A lot of us will finally throw in the towel, not being able to accept minimum wage, which will be fine with them.  They just don't want it all happen ...

Do You Think That Coding Jobs Will Eventually...sm
Jan 25, 2011

be better able to be done at home with the advent of EHR and easy access to the patients' charts remotely? ...

If All Work Eventually Goes Overseas, How Does That Affect MTSOs?
Jul 15, 2014

It seems it would behoove them to keep the work here unless they will remotely manage. ...

Regarding Cutting Our Pay
May 21, 2010

THEY DISGUST ME!! ...

Archivus Cutting Pay? SM
Oct 26, 2010

Does this company hire and then after a quarterly review have QA pick your work apart and then tell you they can either terminate your contract or cut your pay.  Understand this has happened to more than one person.  Has anyone experienced this.  They told me I was doing awesome work, not they picked the work after and then tell me that in 2 weeks my contract will either be terminated or will have a reduced line rate.  This makes no sense.  I have 18 years experience.&nb ...

IS NUANCE CUTTING OUR PAY AGAIN?
Jun 13, 2014

As someone noted below, they are getting 2 cents. I am getting 4 cents per edited line. Is this being cut further? ...

Cast-cutting Term
Nov 07, 2009

"She had a fairly significant increase in pain.  We were concerned about the possibility of swelling inside the cast.  We cut it in a s/l "bi val" or "bioval" fashion and released some of the pain." Can anyone help with this one? ...

Need Help - Doc Says Five Five Bone Cutting Shaver...
Mar 05, 2010

how would you type this?  Any help appreciated - thanks! ...

What Is Up With All Of These Companies Cutting The Pay For Straight
Jun 07, 2011

I'm not understanding if a person was making 8 or 9 cents a line for straight transcription and then the account goes to voice rec and the pay is decreased for that, why is the pay for straight transcription also going down?  It's the same doctors, so why am I now suddenly worth 2 cents less to do straight transcription?  Personally, if it isn't VR worthy, then you would think that it would still be worth the 8 or 9 cents a line.  ...

Express Scribe Cutting Off
Apr 26, 2012

Have Express Scribe Pro, This week the last few seconds of a voice file are being cut off, don't know where to go in Menu to adjust this or fix it. Any suggestions. TIA ...

How About Cutting Out Some Corporate Bloat
Apr 17, 2013

How does that work for ya? Amy & Shah? Want to take a 40% pay cut like we did? ...

Questions About EMR & Cutting Out The Middleman
Jun 19, 2013

For those lucky enough to work directly for the client (no MTSO) are any EMRs set up for transcription, or do you subscribe to a service to send Word files?  Is it an easy setup?  The only thing holding me back from trying to get my own accounts again is having no tech help for problems that are bound to occur. Any recommendations for services to transmit files and what do they charge. I just can't keep working for .04 cents a line.  It's completely impossible to live ...

Cutting Edge Pay Plan Is Nothing More Than
Dec 13, 2014

own without having to do massive layoffs. The real underlying intention here is to have all work taken over by India. Quality and patient safety have nothing to do with it. Paying India workers mere pennies increases the bottom line. There is no public explaining to do or announce regarding massive layoffs. They will simply claim US workers quit on their own and they cannot find employees here in the US. I would love to know how much the person or persons were paid to think up this pla ...

Ortho Operative Note Help Please, He Is Cutting It Off .... Sm
Aug 18, 2010

Some *Daptik* was applied to the wound and the patient was placed in a soft cast.    I know this but he is cutting himself off and my mind has gone BLANK!!!   TIA ...

Cutting Hours Off Of Shift Differential
Sep 10, 2013

where is the incentive to work????? I only got 2 hours of it anyway so now I don't get any extra at all!!! ...

Mayo Hospital Cutting 188 Transcriptionists
May 30, 2014

In case anyone hadn't seen this.  In brief: Nearly 200 jobs in western Wisconsin are being cut, in a cost-saving measure by Mayo Clinic Health System.The company says it will contract out 188 medical transcriptionist jobs by Nov. 1 to Amphion Medical Solutions, based in Madison.Mayo said the move will save them 40 percent in expenses and it will try to re-assign affected employees to other openings within the company. It says Amphion will also discuss openings within their business.&l ...

Cutting Shift Differentials Is A Preemptive Strategy (sm)
Dec 26, 2010

The recent reduction in shift differentials is the first phase of reducing the workforce during those hours.  You can expect there to be an eventual phase-out of the shift differentials altogether.  Why?  The ultimate goal is to utilize offshore vendors for that work.  This pressurized reduction in income opportunitywill cause some natural attrition:  Some will not be able to afford the pay loss, some will be upset and simply quit.  It will take a little time but ...

New Cutting Edge Paper Medical Chart!
Dec 04, 2014

It's satire, and yet so true.. ...

CCM Cutting Helper Pools So People Will Change Schedule
Sep 15, 2011

So had work for 2 days out of the week with no problems and then all of a sudden an email appears that help is needed for the weekend and also wanting people to change their schedules to the weekend.  All of a sudden, no jobs available appear.  Apparently, work is just cut off until people start volunteering to change their schedule or volunteering to cover hours on the weekend and when some poor schmoe changes their schedule or volunteers, all of a sudden we have work again.  Tot ...

Paying For Course
May 28, 2013

Has anyone found any type of loan to pay for your coding programs at Andrews or Career Step that has lower payments than the school payment plans? I'm not saying their price is unreasonable. I just can't afford the payments or to pay outright.   Thanks, Kat ...

We Will All End Up Paying For Benchmark KB Etc!!!!
Mar 11, 2010

So we are all expecting to get the Benchmark KB etc etc....but did anyone but me notice that it says for 2010? I will bet that that means we will have it free for the remainder of 2010 and then have to pay something to keep it after 2010. ...

SS Paying Early
Jan 21, 2011

Waiting with baited breath for someone to repost all of the SS pays early testimonies.  cracking me up - its always good to laugh uncontrollably. anyone ever read a P&P manual? ignorance is bliss.  ...

Paying To Being An MT - Worth It?
Jul 18, 2011

Hello forum users! I am currently very interested in the MT field.  I am a fast typist, excellent speller, I have a good grasp of grammar, etc.  I am eyeing a course offered online, it seems professional and excellent and all that.  The whole thing seems perfect for me!  I would like to work from home and make my own hours while doing this. However, I recently spoke to a neighbor who is an MT, and she is losing her job to a machine.  She also claims that her MT friend ...

Any Companies Paying 9 Cpl Or Above? Sm
Oct 05, 2011

I've been looking at the job ads and have noticed a trend of very low cpl being offered.  Are there still any companies out there paying 9 or above?  I'm tired of wasting my time testing for companies only to find out during the interview process that they're only willing to pay 7 or 8 cpl.  Thanks! ...

Is The Q Paying Every Other Friday Now?
Dec 27, 2011

It used to be twice a month so I'm wondering if the every other Friday is true?  TIA ...