A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can CCMs turn lockdown on and off? - new to this

Posted: Jul 19, 2010

Lockdown for us started last week and sometimes I can punch in earlier than 15 minutes and jobs keep downloading after my shift and other days I get the error message to contact my CCM.  Also last week there were 200+ shifts posted on the swap board to pick up and this week around 25 a day.  We also go from NJA to many late jobs in the matter of a day with no consistency.  Lastly, when I logged off my shift tonight the backlog for my account was very high with late jobs but no shifts were available on the swap board past 5 p.m. so even if someone wanted to help out they couldn't.   Honestly, if MQ is trying to drive me crazy with the inconsistency of this lockdown they have succeeded!

yes they can - arctic snowman

[ In Reply To ..]
and the inconsistency you spoke of is directly the fault of the CCM. He/she is not on top of the work volumes. Those shifts should be removed when volumes are low, but they want 100% TAT so they leave them. Then, they take a vacation day and post no shifts and the volumes double and then they just turn of the lockdown and say work whenever you want.

The company wants the best of both worlds and they are doing whatever they can to create that.

Similar Messages:

CCMs
Dec 05, 2012

Did the former CCMs get fired or were they given another position?  I was under the impression they are now Customer Relationship Managers. ...

Wonder If CCMs And QA Leads Got A Pay Cut Also
Jul 11, 2011

They make so much more and when there is no work, I dont see them getting minimum wage for 15 minutes and have to make up their time.   Hey MQ.. why not start trimming the HUGE amount of fat from the multiple overpaid and underworked management staff????  ...

SALARIES OF CCMs
Apr 07, 2012

Just curious but how much money do the CCMs make?  I've never been able to find an answer to this question.  Also, do you have to have a certain number of years transcription experience to be a CCM?  I'm not interested in the position, just curious.  I've also never understood why sometimes communcation with them is bad.  Why do they go for days without sending out emails to the MTs sometimes?    ...

Looking For Information About CCMs
May 04, 2012

Can anyone here tell me about being a CCM? What is the process to apply to become one? What are the requirements? What are their responsibilities?  What do they do on a daily basis? What kind of hours do they work? What kind of pay do they get?  Is it hourly? I've been thinking it might be a good transition to make but I don't know anything about what they do really, except ignore a lot of emails. ...

RE: CCMs Getting Sacked.
Oct 09, 2012

since I never could get the "new improved" email to work, so I don't know if my CCM got the boot or not.  The account I work on had at least 10 people providing daily work updates, some with only the mysterious name of MedQuist North.  The account was/is almost always behind and they are constantly requiring overtime.  Always made me wonder if any of those folks did any of the actual work other than sending out how many reports were available.  Probably for the best that ...

For All You CCMs Want People To Work
Sep 01, 2012

You know I have worked for several companies over the years..and the art of supervision seems to be lost at MModal..I have had supervisors that I would do ANYTHING for because they at least acted like they gave a crap..I get along with most anyone, I enjoy people and their perspective on life.  I dont know what it is with this company but they need to do a reboot and teach people how to do their jobs.  A seething email telling me I have to work OT on a holiday weekend gets you nowhere, ...

Ever Wonder What CCMs Or Whatever Their New Title..earns?
Oct 15, 2012

Nuance STARTS their equivalent of CCMs at 45,000/year, salary.  No need to worry about PTO, sick time, etc..you just get your salary no matter what.  I am assuming Mmodal is right around there..which quite frankly makes me ill and madder than hell.  I do not begrude anybody their due..but the chasm..GIANT chasm between highly trained MLS and pretty much schedule keepers is so patently unjust I do not think I will ever get out of this vortex of bad morale I am sinking in. ...

Lockdown
Apr 06, 2010

Does anyone know if we have 15 minutes past our start time to sign in once lockdown starts?  I was told we had up to 15 minutes before our shift to sign in but nothing about afterwards.  Thank you!!  ...

What Is A Lockdown?
May 20, 2010

Okay, I finally applied but haven't been hired yet. Can someone please explain what the heck is a "lockdown?" I've seen the term on this board and I've never heard it before. Surely it isn't what I think it is.... locked out of the system and denied work for some reason? Thanks in advance. Now I'm thinking maybe I should not answer if they call. ...

Lockdown In North
Apr 06, 2010

Does anyone know when lockdown is for the north region? ...

I Did Not Want Lockdown To Happen,
Jul 15, 2010

My group is not in lockdown yet.  I have been dreading it.  It seems like chaos and this was making me want to quit.  Although, these last 2 weeks, I have been on the other side where people have been jumping on and taking my work.  Just found out that some MT's are supposed to work 12-24 hours a week and instead, they have been putting in anywhere from 28-48 hours in ONE week.  I work in the evenings and kept running out of work at 11PM!!!  What?  Just m ...

Come On CCMs!! Review The Tgiving Requests So We Can Make Plans!!!
Oct 23, 2012

x ...

Any Word Yet On Lockdown For North?
Jun 08, 2010

Just got a new CCM on Friday and she must be on vacation or something.  I know they keep pushing the date back due to "glitches".  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

No Word When The West Will Go On Lockdown? I Am NOT
Jul 13, 2010

looking forward to that at all.  If they could ensure there would be enough work during your ENTIRE shift I would have NO problem with it.  But what are we supposed to do when we get NJA.  Right now, my CCM just says to keep checking back throughout the day, which I do, and then I can almost always get my hours in that way.  Can anyone already on lockdown, FT, getting NJA shed some light on how they make up the time and if it is even possible?  ...

Lockdown/Swap Board
Jul 14, 2010

Just got email from CCM stating that soon we will be utilizing swap board.  Does anyone have any tips on this?  Has anyone been using this?  Is it hard to get make-up time this way? ...

What Is Schedule Reservation? Is That The Old Lockdown?
Aug 12, 2014

Received an email that soon Fluency and Teamwork will be linked and we will be using schedule reservation. If that is what I think it is, what is wrong with this company? That didn't work the first time, what makes them think it will work now? How can you lock employees out when there is no work on their shifts anyway? ...

MQ Wonders Never Cease- TAT Terrible Under Lockdown
Jul 20, 2010

We just got an email letting us know how terrible our TAT has been for the past week.  Um, we are on lockdown!  And even if I wanted to help out (which I don't) there are no shifts available on the swap board to help out.   So whose fault is it do you think?  Certainly not the MTs, but we are getting blamed and now asked to work OT with no shifts available to pick up.  This lockdown was supposed to be the answer to MQ prayers- watch me while I do an "I tol ...

What Happened To Schedule Reservation (aka Lockdown)?
Oct 17, 2010

what happened to schedule reservation (aka lockdown)? ...

Any Info When The Lockdown Happening In North Area?
Apr 28, 2010

: ...

Nothing New To Say, Just My Turn To Say It.
Nov 08, 2014

I managed to hang onto a direct-employee remote position for many years; that position ended recently.  I knew the day would come--I've been outsourced from more than one facility in the past--but I decided to hang in as long as the job was there, and it lasted far longer than I ever thought it would. From time to time I'd think I should start preparing for the inevitable but had no clue which way to go, with outsourcing impacting so many industries and my having n ...

So, It Must Be My Turn To Get Fired
Jun 10, 2010

I have been targeted like crazy on audits, getting them every couple of days, and albeit there are some things I did wrong (had/has), I am getting marked for stuff like leaving a blank, sending to QA, and then marked wrong for the blank on a critical error saying I should have been able to find this.  I could not hear it, so how could I find it?  I should have just sent it to the client, but really felt that a fresh set of ears might heart what this mushmouth was saying. I guess I am ...

Headings Can We Turn It Off ?
Nov 02, 2010

Do we have to use this new heading feature or can we turn it o ff?  Thanks. ...

Stedmans - How To Turn It On?
Feb 09, 2012

I just installed spell checker. How do I turn it on? Can it be put on favorite bar or will it automatically spell check everything I do on the computer? Please help, new MT. ...

Can Some One Help Me Turn Off The Red Box In EditScript?
May 30, 2012

I have IM'd and E-mailed tech support and, surprise, no response from them.  I am in EditScript.  With the VR reports, the red box that follows the text... I find it very distracting.  I can't figure out how to get rid of it.  Anyone?  Thanks.   ...

How Do I Turn Highlighter Off?
Jan 30, 2013

tia ...

I Am Wondering Where I Can Turn Since I Cannot
Jan 15, 2014

get hold of a moderator to get a company to pay me.  Does anyone know who I can go to?  Thank you!!! ...

My Turn To Say Goodbye
Feb 20, 2014

I have been envying all of you who have already left, and now it is my turn to say goodbye. I regret leaving all the nice people I worked with but do not regret leaving this company.  I give Nuance a 65% quality score as an employer (failed audit, no bonus, needs mentoring!!) Thank you for all who have posted on this forum. Hearing your stories helped me when I was struggling and thought I was alone.  I hope you all find yourselves in a better place soon!! ...

My Turn To Rant
Oct 28, 2014

Before we got the notification about new changes, when I went to Fiesa, I had a lot of 100% reports, and very rarely got an email from Fiesa.  Now I am getting one every few days.  The person that used to edit my work no longer is, and a different person with an Indian-sounding name is editing my work.  What happened to no more nitpicking.  This person seems to find all kinds of nitpicking, nothing to do with patient care  I looked nipticking up in the urban di ...

Okay, You Can Turn Off The Snowflakes Now.
Jan 01, 2015

...it's time for them to go away now! ...

The Turn Signal Syndrome
Nov 11, 2009

Honestly, this dictation I'm doing is like the turn signal syndrome.  What I mean by that is people who don't bother to use their turn signals when they turn (I know, I'm anal.  I even use mine in parking lots).  There's a reason they're on the car and it's against the law not to use them when indicated. This doctor doesn't know how to use the turn signal, er, um, pause button, and I'm sitting here listening to um, ...