A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

SOFTSCRIPT LINE DISCREPANCY?? - PAISLEY

Posted: Jan 05, 2012

I have been spending the same amount of hours, doing the same accounts and my lines have been decreasing.  Is there something going on that we are not aware of?  Another question, do we get paid for spaces?  And if we did, maybe they have been taken away.  I am confused....  Anyone know what is happening?

TIA

Before suspecting, you need to do a c&p into a word doc, - do a character count SM

[ In Reply To ..]
divided by whatever makes up a line for SS. Then, if you cannot access past done jobs to see what the count is, you need to ask what the count was on that job. Dont suspect you are getting cheated, take the time and a little effort to find out for sure. THEN, do something about it.

What does your contract say you are paid for? C&P will tell - you if you are getting paid for spaces. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

TT/Imedx - Line Discrepancy?
Feb 05, 2015

Has anyone noticed a reduction in lines? I completed 2 speech documents this moring. ESL, but not terrible. I copied/pasted the body text (no headers/footers) into blank Word document and ran the Word Properties after each was completed. Together there were 13,375 keystrokes (VBC + spaces), and divided by 65 the total was 205.76923 lines. However, when I went to IChart I was only credited with completing 149.38 lines. I made sure to wait 2 hours before I went to IChart, to allow enough time for ...

Line Count Discrepancy In Platforms
Sep 22, 2010

This question is for people who are working on the ExText and/or Escription platforms. Hopefully, you'll be able to explain this to me.I worked for 6-1/2 hours yesterday in Escription. The dictation was not difficult and I typed at least 80 wpm. At the end of the day my production was only 1,130 lines, or an average of 175 lph.I worked for 1-1/2 hours this morning in ExText. As before, the dictation was not difficult and I typed at least 80 wpm. When I signed off I had transcribed 525 lines ...

Webmedx SR Line Counts Discrepancy
Oct 14, 2010

I apologize to sound like an Webmedx complainer. Not my intent, but I am extremely concerned regarding the SR jobs I'm transcribing and receiving correct compensation. The way I understand it, an SR/VR draft report already has a tallied line count when it goes to an MT and if during the course of your edit, you delete lines, the line count always reflects this by being less, it does not stay at the original SR drafted line count. Makes sense, and I have no issues with th ...

Softscript Line Count
May 17, 2012

Is anyone having trouble with Softscript line counts?  All of a sudden it is about half what it's been for the last year.  I've read of this problem there in the past but all was fine for so long and now I'm worried. ...

Softscript Line Counts
May 22, 2012

Nice email regarding line count discrepancy, stating it was actually calculating headers and footers and canned text, which it was not supposed to be, and we were OVERPAID.  So you mean for 5+ years, I have been getting EXTRA money, and you JUST now caught this, and oh good for you, you are not going to go retroactive and ask for your money back - REALLY.  I call BS.  ...

Line Counts And Softscript
Jun 14, 2012

Fascinating that line counts are exactly what they should be on certain jobs and way off on others.  Have it from an excellent source that they know exactly what they are doing and pretending otherwise.  So very fun and rewards will no doubt be reaped, especially in light of the "oops we have been overpaying all of you for a year or so and be happy and don't worry be happy because we've decided that the timing couldn't be better during MT Week to let you all know th ...

SOFTSCRIPT LINE COUNTS ~ NEWBIE
Jun 28, 2013

I'm working 10+ hours a day and still can't get my line count up to where it was just 2 months ago.  Anyone else from SS noticing the same problem or am I just paranoid?  ...

Softscript - Line Discrepancies Due To typed Jobs No Longer In Queue
Nov 22, 2011

Line discrepancies due to typed jobs no longer in queue. Email me if you like with when this happened to you and your contact information - email, phone or otherwise - and let's get some justice for those of us who know what is actually going on with this. Happiest of Thanksgivings to you!  ...

CT VR Discrepancy
Dec 17, 2009

What does the "VR" stand for? ...

Pay Discrepancy
Apr 17, 2014

Check your pay stubs.  I had NO PAY for transcribed lines (just SR lines) for upcoming pay check.  Have email into Payroll but no response yet. ...

Webclock Discrepancy
May 04, 2014

anyone else being told of webclock discrepancies, that you are claiming more hours than you worked?  ...

Productivity Discrepancy
Feb 18, 2015

Is anyone else noticing a discrepancy between what the productivity number  is during transcription and the weekly productivity number posted to your email?  My productivity number during transcription is running 20-30 lines higher than the final number.  This has just recently started happening.  ...

Discrepancy On Birth Date
Mar 18, 2011

I'm new at this, so please don't rail me. The doc says she's an 87-year-old woman, but dictates her birth date as 2003. What do you do in cases like this? ...

Discrepancy In Number Of Jobs Available?
Jun 05, 2013

Here's an example -- While working, I get an email at says my account needs help because there are 100 jobs to be done, but when I look at the q then, there are only 20 jobs there.  What's happening? ...

Production Incentive Payout Discrepancy
Jan 28, 2011

They apparently overpaid me for a bonus and this amount will be deducted from my next paycheck.  Nice.  And what was the amount of this bonus I received that they can't live without? $1.48.  A DOLLAR @!#$& 48!!  ...

Nuance - Anyone Else Having Discrepancy In Hours Worked?
Nov 23, 2011

Over the last two pay periods, at the end of the period, the amount of hours they tell me I worked is extremely low compared to the hours that I actually worked. Last pay period, prior to "approving my time card", the total amount of hours they calculated that I worked over a two week period was 12 hours!!!! When in reality I had worked 36 hours. When I emailed my supervisor, as usual it took three days for her to answer and by then, she had already approved my time card because I hadn' ...

Nuance Hours/lines Discrepancy
Nov 30, 2011

There was a post last week on Nuance pay discrepancies. I had a 3 hour discrepancy, didn't think too much of it. I thought maybe I made a mistake. This time it is a 5 hour discrepancy. I know I didn't make a 5 hour mistake on my time punches. My lines are not what they should be either. I am about to find another job. I don't make enough as it is without being shorted. Did anyone else notice this with this last pay period? ...

New Time Discrepancy Added To Statistics
May 27, 2015

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with this new time discrepancy that has been placed on the statistics every pay period now.  Do they expect you to sit for 8 hours solid and not even get up to go to the bathroom for goodness sakes now. ...

Report Wage Discrepancy Or Employee Status
Jun 29, 2010

Watching MSNBC and a number was given out along with a plea for anyone in the US who feels they are being paid unfairly or if they feel their tax classification (IC v Employee) is wrong.   866-4US-WAGE The push is on.  ...

Discrepancy Between Webclock Timesheet And Fiesa QA Score?
May 21, 2013

Always have greater than 99.5% on Fiesa QA score but always under 98.8% on Webclock Timesheet. Supervisor said it was just difference in dates for week I asked about, but it has always been thus. Anyone know why? ...

Softscript - Audit Nastygrams, QA Percent Nasty Grams, Line Count Nasty Grams
Oct 22, 2011

One after another, audit nastygrams, QA percent nasty grams, line count nasty grams.  They never end.   Supervisors pissed and surprised MTs don't show up and MTs quit.  Supervisors aren't smart enough to acknowledge why that is and manage it better.  Never ends. Yes supervisors pissed and surprised MTs don't show up and MTs quit and aren't smart enough to figure out their contribution to it all.  Neverending accounts of nasty grams from all corners and supervis ...

MT Line Became A 65-character Line Instead Of A Gross Line?
Feb 21, 2015

Does anyone remember when, and why, an MT line became a 65-character line instead of a gross line? And what company was responsible for this, if any? ...

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

Okay, If You Were Making .04/line With VR But Offered 08/line With Transcription . . . Unlimited Amt
Apr 22, 2010

I do have some benefits with the VR job, but not good enough to even take them on right now.  After 3 months I will start accruing PTO up to 12 days a year.  Is it worth it?  I was thinking having benefits would be really nice for once in the last 16 years, but now I am thinking it may not be worth the struggle to make a living on VR.  They said the platform for transcription is chartnet or chartscript?  What do you all think? ...

LINE RATES - A Company That Offers 7.6 Cpl On A 50 Character Line
Nov 14, 2010

I am starting with a company that offers 7.6 cpl on a 50 character line.  Is this good and what does it equal money wise on a 65 character line rate?   Thanks in advance. ...

VR Line Count - What Kind Of Line Production Should I Shoot For
Mar 24, 2011

I was just hired on with a company to do strictly VR. I am only going to be working part time so about 4 hours a day. I am wondering from those who do VR what kind of line production should I shoot for in 4 hours of work? What is the normal VR line count for part time? I have read that most who are working full time or 8 hours a day are doing more than 1,000, even 2,000 a day. The company I will be working for wants a minimum of 10,000 lines in a payperiod which the lady said even with part time ...

Gross Line Versus 65 Character Line
Aug 19, 2010

Anyone know if 5 cents per gross line is good or not? Better than 10 cents a 65 character line??   A company is offering this to me & says that at least 1/2 of every report is templated but you still get paid for it.  I make 10 cents a 65 character line with the company I work for at this time.  Please advise so I can make a decision to test or not with them.  ...

Line Counting Software - 65 Characters Per Line
Sep 29, 2010

I need help with a software line counting program.  Excel is acceptable, but I am not sure how to use that aspect.  Any help would be appreciated.  This is for 65 characters per line with no spaces.  Can't that be done in Microsoft Word as well? ...

Line Rate For 65 Printable Character Line
Jul 19, 2011

When a company states a line rate for  a "65 printable character line" does that mean they do not pay for spaces?    I saw an ad saying they pay the highest in the business, which was about 8.5 cents for 65 printable character line.  That to me says without spaces, as it is not a printable character, so that would be a horrible rate surely not one of the best in the business.  Wonder why there is no respect for our thumbs !!!!   ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...