A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

LINE RATES - a company that offers 7.6 cpl on a 50 character line - Curious about line rates

Posted: Nov 14, 2010

I am starting with a company that offers 7.6 cpl on a 50 character line.  Is this good and what does it equal money wise on a 65 character line rate?   Thanks in advance.

9.88 - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
7.6/50 = X/65
65X = 7.6x65
X=494/65
X= 9.88 cents

Better than most.

Correction 50x - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry that should be 50x = 7.6x65
X = 494/50
X = 9.88 cents

Typing too fast.

Can I just say I'm impressed! You used algebra in everyday life! - NKC

[ In Reply To ..]
My kids always tell me that they will never use algebra once they get out of school and into "real life." I'm calling them in to my office to show them this even as I type this!

Mind you, I have no idea how you found your answer and would never be able to figure it out in a million years on my own, but let's not tell my kids that, k?!?!?!

Anon - re algebra and line rates - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, all I can say is I am impressed. Where were you while I was struggling through calculus? :)

No wonder I can't figure out what my true line - rates are.... I flunked Algebra! n/m

[ In Reply To ..]

line rates - 1mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Ex - 1000 characters including spaces divided by 50 = 20 lines x 0.076 = $1.52

1000 characters including spaces divided by 65 = 15.4 lines x 0.076 = $1.17.

If spaces are not included, that's going to change the calculation and lower it. If that pay is with spaces, that's is pretty good IMO.

can you calculate this? - confused

[ In Reply To ..]
offered a job that pays .09-9.3 cpl 65 characters WITHOUT spaces. I don't know why spaces are not included, but what would be the rate if spaces were counted?? Does that make sense? I dunno, just trying to figure if that's decent or not. TIA

Example inside...s/m - Clicky-fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
Disclaimer: First, it depends on how you typically "space" - if you are old school and put 2 spaces after every period, colon, etc. your difference would be greater than this below. I am paid for spaces but only use 1 space after punctuation such as periods, colons, etc. as per my account instructions.

I have looked at one of my files - 30 pages in length - characters with spaces 84,203, without spaces 70,847. SO, the difference is as follows:

70,847 w/o spaces at 0.09 = 1090 lines, $98.10

84,203, w/spaces at 0.09 = 1295 lines, $116.55.

I hope this helps!

Similar Messages:

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

Line Rates And Company Profits
Feb 15, 2012

Anyone struggling since your line rates were cut back to less than what you were hired for?  I am struggling, but with extra hours, getting by, just barely. It makes it really tough though, when you read that the company, which boasts at being the best thanks to "you",  posts a 32.9 Million $ profit for 2011.  Wow, I'm sure the stockholders are pleased, in fact, they are saying that TR is a good investment.  I'm really proud that I have contribut ...

Compare Company Line Rates (sm)
Apr 03, 2014

Can we post line rates quoted to experienced MTs this year?  I think many of us do not wish to waste applying and testing for a company that is reducing the line rate AGAIN to only .03 cpl.  If anyone was offered less than .04/.08, did you turn it down? Did they offer more? Name of company?Thanks for any input.  ...

MT Line Became A 65-character Line Instead Of A Gross Line?
Feb 21, 2015

Does anyone remember when, and why, an MT line became a 65-character line instead of a gross line? And what company was responsible for this, if any? ...

Gross Line Versus 65 Character Line
Aug 19, 2010

Anyone know if 5 cents per gross line is good or not? Better than 10 cents a 65 character line??   A company is offering this to me & says that at least 1/2 of every report is templated but you still get paid for it.  I make 10 cents a 65 character line with the company I work for at this time.  Please advise so I can make a decision to test or not with them.  ...

Line Rate For 65 Printable Character Line
Jul 19, 2011

When a company states a line rate for  a "65 printable character line" does that mean they do not pay for spaces?    I saw an ad saying they pay the highest in the business, which was about 8.5 cents for 65 printable character line.  That to me says without spaces, as it is not a printable character, so that would be a horrible rate surely not one of the best in the business.  Wonder why there is no respect for our thumbs !!!!   ...

If A MTSO Quotes A Pay Rate Based On 65 Character Per Printable Character Line...
May 20, 2010

does this mean they don't pay for spaces? TIA. ...

Job Offers: 0.04 / 0.05 Cents Per Line
Jul 30, 2010

Hello all.. this will be my first real job.. I've applied at several places, taken the tests, sent in resumes... and now I'm getting calls with job offers. These people are company owners who sound very nice and legitimate, but what I'm being offered sounds pretty low.  The first company says: 0.04 cents per line, and the second one says they pay 0.05 cents.  The second company says they pay by the "byte" rather than by the line.  You take the total number of bytes ...

So Is A 65 Character Line
Nov 04, 2011

visible characters only?  Thanks! ...

QA Editing At 3 Cpl On A 65-character VBC Line???
Jul 28, 2010

I honestly think this may be the lowest paying position I've ever seen advertised on this site.  QA editing at 3 cpl and only for VBC on a 65-character line? Please, someone tell me I'm not reading this correctly...Please? ...

How Many Words Are In A 65-character Line?
Dec 02, 2010

I just want to know specifically how many words are in a 65-character line?  Thanks in advance ...

NetMed - Pay By Character Instead Of By Line?
May 14, 2011

NetMed.  They pay by character instead of by line?  So, we make at lot less money?  Any thoughts? ...

? RE: CHARACTER LINE COUNT - HELP PLS!
Jul 21, 2011

I've been offered an MT position with 55 characters per line, 80% MT, only 20% VR, but 0.08 cents down from 0.086 -  opinions anybody ASAP? MUCH Appreciated!! ...

PAY BASED ON 50-CHARACTER LINE
Aug 04, 2011

I WAS OFFERED A POSITION AT A COMPANY I CANNOT NAME AT 0.076 CPL WITH A LINE BASED ON 50 CHARACTERS, ALL TYPING, NO VR.  DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS WOULD BE EQUAL TO ON A 65-CHARACTER LINE?  IS THIS AN ACCEPTABLE PAY AS I HAVE NEVER USED A 50-CHARACTER LINE BEFORE? ...

What Is The Average Pay Per 65 Character Line
Jan 24, 2012

What is the average pay per 65 character line for a newbie? ...

Does Amphion Pay On A 65 Character Line With Spaces?
Jun 14, 2010

nm ...

What Is The Average # Of VBCs In A 65-character Line With Spaces?
Mar 06, 2013

x ...

Line/pay Rates
Mar 10, 2012

I've been working for Medquist/M-Modal now for 11 years Full-time.  I was one of those grandfathered in that took a pay cut last year as Medquist deemed they would not pay above .10 cents a line.  Now the kicker to all this is I have a friend who I just got hired, and her initial OFFER was to START at .10 cents a line.  I don't know how the rest of you feel, but I am appalled at this ... how someone can start at the top wage.   I have already sent an email ex ...

Line Rates As An IC?
Aug 08, 2012

Thinkng of going the IC route, any ideas on line rates as an IC? ...

OTI Line Rates...........UGH!!
Jul 16, 2013

Need I say more? ...

Line Rates Like 3 Cpl For Editing
Jan 04, 2010

I am looking at ads here and keep seeing things like 3 cpl for editing.  Who could work for that rate and why?  These MTSOs really need an awakening.  No one should work for 3 cpl.  Is there anyone who does editing for that kind of rate and actually earns a living?  I say more MTs need to stand up for themselves and say no to this.  Just sayin'.   ...

Transcend Line Rates
Nov 29, 2011

Greetings, fellow transcriptionists. I've been in the field for over 15 years. Due to a recent buyout of my current MTSO by a huge conglomerate, there is talk of our line rates being cut, apparently down to as low as 8 cents a line.  Needless to say, I'm considering looking elsewhere since this is a major paycut. I'm eyeballing Transcend as I've heard good things and know they used to pay decently. Anyone in the know, do they still go up to 9 cents a line or are the ...

VR Line Rates For Beginning MT
May 01, 2012

Anyone know the starting vr line rate for a new MT? I was offered 2.5 cpl vr and 6 cpl straight. Any comments would help!! Thanks ...

Line Rates/spaces
Aug 11, 2012

Does getting paid for spaces add about 2 cents to line rate?  I was getting 10 cpl for an account (not paid for spaces) and then lost that to offshoring.  The new account pays 8 cpl, but paid for spaces, so they say that's equivalent.  Does that sound right?  Is that the average rate now?    Interesting article just stumbled on:  http://mttoolsonline.com/2011/01/26/medical-transcription-theres-just-no-money-in-it/ ...

How Many Have Had Line Rates Decreased?
Oct 05, 2012

I heard that KS has recently reduced everyone's line rates by 1 cent and only pay a flat fee for radiology reports now. Which other MTSOs have done this? ...

Why Am I Seeing LOWER Line Rates Than Ever?!
Dec 22, 2012

Browsing through the job listings (again), and noticing 7 cpl for IC!?  WHAT?  Why is this industry allowed to get away with this crap!  I worked for the same company for 17 years before the MQ acquired it.  I ended up quitting in 2004.  At that time, I was making 9.5 cpl and had "topped out" at that rate, not having had a raise in more than a year.  Since then, I have been job-hopping and cannot seem to find contentment with any company.  In my experience, t ...

Inscribe Line Rates
Aug 10, 2014

Can anyone fill me in on Inscribe line rates?  Is it more if you transcrbie more?  TIA! ...

Have They Increased Line Rates??
Oct 09, 2014

I noticed a couple of posts about companies paying 6.5 CPL. Was I right when I predicted they would have to increased rates to hang onto the experienced editors? Or are they paying that for transcription? ...

Personal Stand: MT And ME Line Rates (sm)
Nov 09, 2009

I have decided I will not accept any MT transcription rates lower than 9 cpl (in an employee position) or 11 cpl (in an IC position).  For medical editing, I'm not going to work for lower than 50% of the transcription rate.  For me, it will just not be worth it to do it for less.  I am willing to go work inhouse and even do other work rather than to accept line rates lower than this.  I see one keeps putting up the same ad with 8 cpl for MT work and 3 cpl for editing a ...

Line Rates Changing On Each Check?
May 05, 2011

Can anyone explain to me the line rates on the new pay stubs.  Mine is not showing my actual lines, just the money.  When I go to the web site for the breakdown it shows 4 different rates that seem to vary from week to week.  They are Week 1 TR, Week 2 TR, Week 1 SR and week 2 SR.  I know we may get less pay for a QA report, but I rarely send in reports  for QA.  Do the audits count as QA'd lines for the lesser line rate..  Should I call my CCM or just pay ...