A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Webmedx SR line counts discrepancy - Please see following:

Posted: Oct 14, 2010

I apologize to sound like an Webmedx complainer. Not my intent, but I am extremely concerned regarding the SR jobs I'm transcribing and receiving correct compensation. The way I understand it, an SR/VR draft report already has a tallied line count when it goes to an MT and if during the course of your edit, you delete lines, the line count always reflects this by being less, it does not stay at the original SR drafted line count. Makes sense, and I have no issues with this. But, when the opposite happens such as adding lines, creating numbered lists, having to type missing dictation, etc. because SR isn't picking it up and for some reason lumps it all together in one big paragraphed mess. I am spending a great deal of time correcting and adding these manually typed lines into these reports, and yet my line count are not reflecting the additions of these lines, at all. If we are having to manually type information into an SR/VR drafted report, which is the same as we do in traditional reports, shouldn't we and the company be paid according to these additional lines? I would think the company is missing out on compensation of those lines as well, by just compensating on the original incorrect SR/VR draft line count. Has anyone else noticed this? Anyone complained/inquired to WMX management regarding it? I'm terrifed to, don't want to sound like a complainer or troublemaker. : (

Lines - Me 2

[ In Reply To ..]
I asked about this to my supervisor, who had no inside knowledge of this, but agreed with my concerns. I also find my time clock at times does not move as it should. When straight typing long reports, I find my counts do not go up as high as they should and also find with some normals, my line count barely moves as if we are no longer paid for them....I swear they are up to something.....

Yes, with some platforms all pay based on the 1st document put in - system. No pay for additions to doc. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
dfas

This is no glitch. Plaform only pays on 1st job in, be it MT or - computer generated, no matter what you did. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
adfs
glitch - webbie
[ In Reply To ..]
Well that may be true...but then I should STILL get credit for what was there to begin with! The glitch was I received a PENALTY for typing the report, I had ONLY a negative line count, so in essence I paid them for the honor of spending 20 minutes typing this nightmare job! There were NO lines credited for my editing, ONLY negative 25!
Yes, different issues. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
dfs

Platform capability to deduct but not add? - Not adding up or making sense

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sorry, but according to your information some platforms pay is based only on the 1st document (draft) put in the system regardless? That theory and or information is very disturbing because essentially what that means is that same platform that didn't have the capability or the obligation to add for manual additions in the SR/VR edit, but yet conveniently it has the capability and or the obligation to deduct lines based on the SR/VR edit, therefore affecting the MTs pay. So it seems you are saying that the company is paid the original line count of the drafted document regardless, and at the same time is stealing money from the MTs by deducting from that original documents line count, plus benefitting from the cheaper line rate in which they are compensating the MTs in SR/VR edit jobs.

line counts on ISR - webbie

[ In Reply To ..]
This happens rarely but does happen...you need to check EVERY job you type, not only are the concerns you have above valid, BUT there are times when there are glitches and you actually get a NEGATIVE line count. I spent 20 minutes on an ISR nightmare report, difficult ESL, the ISR was almost 75% incorrect. Because I ended up deleting more lines than the base report, my net showed MINUS 25 lines...so after 20 minutes my pay was DOCKED. My STM was looking into it and did correct the pay. This has happened 2x to me. If you put your job in temporary and come back and edit, it will show negative, but there should be 2 entries, your lines before temporary and after, so you still come out ahead. That is not what happened here, it was totally negative. I am not complaining either, they made it right, just giving a heads up to all to carefully check your job logs.

If you are not documenting claims, you are just guessing and - none can take you seriously. Show me the #s. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
sdf

??? Guessing??? Confused by your meaning? - Documentation to post here?

[ In Reply To ..]
What exactly do you think we are able to be posting in documentation on a bulletin board? What kind of proof is it you are asking for?

Did you read whole post? Documentation of line ct. allegations. - Dont guess or feel like lines are off. Document. N

[ In Reply To ..]
wre
No guess here, documentation galore - w/screenshots
[ In Reply To ..]
Next..
Too bad more arent like us in this. I think it has to do with being - predominantly female. What male do you know who
[ In Reply To ..]
would say, they say they are paying me fair and I believe them. Or my check equals my line count but of course I have no idea how that count was calculated.
Above should have said the industry being - predominantly female.
[ In Reply To ..]
ljk

I take her post seriously - Believe

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sure many others take this post seriously as I do. Nothing surprises me anymore. It's almost as if they stay up nights trying to figure out more ways to screw the MT. This is one thing WMX seems to do well.

Similar Messages:

Webmedx Line Counts
Aug 23, 2011

Can someone please explain to me how I am working the same accounts, the same hours, the same docs, and now coming in approximately 1000 lines short a DAY?  I feel it in my heart I am being ripped off.  Does anyone know of any software/sites etc to check this?  I am financially drowning....Thanks ...

Line Counts Webmedx
Oct 03, 2011

The line counts don't seem right for the past few days.  Cannot figure it out.  ...

Nuance Line Counts - Required Line Counts?
Jan 01, 2013

Can you tell me what the required line counts are for Nuance please ? ...

SOFTSCRIPT LINE DISCREPANCY??
Jan 05, 2012

I have been spending the same amount of hours, doing the same accounts and my lines have been decreasing.  Is there something going on that we are not aware of?  Another question, do we get paid for spaces?  And if we did, maybe they have been taken away.  I am confused....  Anyone know what is happening?   TIA ...

TT/Imedx - Line Discrepancy?
Feb 05, 2015

Has anyone noticed a reduction in lines? I completed 2 speech documents this moring. ESL, but not terrible. I copied/pasted the body text (no headers/footers) into blank Word document and ran the Word Properties after each was completed. Together there were 13,375 keystrokes (VBC + spaces), and divided by 65 the total was 205.76923 lines. However, when I went to IChart I was only credited with completing 149.38 lines. I made sure to wait 2 hours before I went to IChart, to allow enough time for ...

Line Count Discrepancy In Platforms
Sep 22, 2010

This question is for people who are working on the ExText and/or Escription platforms. Hopefully, you'll be able to explain this to me.I worked for 6-1/2 hours yesterday in Escription. The dictation was not difficult and I typed at least 80 wpm. At the end of the day my production was only 1,130 lines, or an average of 175 lph.I worked for 1-1/2 hours this morning in ExText. As before, the dictation was not difficult and I typed at least 80 wpm. When I signed off I had transcribed 525 lines ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

Line Counts - An Accurate Line Counter?
Aug 14, 2012

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of an accurate line counter. I currently use Word, but am not sure if it's accurate.  ...

OSI Line Counts..
Aug 05, 2010

I was wondering if anyone knows exactly what OSI cuts out of their line counts?  Seeing as they use a remote website for line counts, it is pretty obvious they cut corners with what MTs get paid on.  I was just wondering WHAT are the cutting?  Do they only pay 1 space?  Do they not pay if you copy and paste? Do they only pay on a % per page - meaning if you have little on 1 page you aren't going to get any credit for those lines, etc?  Just curio ...

Line Counts Less?
Sep 07, 2010

Is it me, or does it seem that since 6.1 went into effect, my counts are a lot lower than usual when I check them under statistics. ...

Line Counts And ESL
Nov 12, 2011

I know this has been discussed before, but what is up with these line counts?  I used to have no problem doing 200+ lph.  Now, I work at the same pace on an account with less ESL speakers and I struggle to get my required 150 lph.  I won't even comment on the fact that my straight typing has dwindled away to maybe 10 lines a day...on a good day.  Thanks for listening...this is just all so very frustrating.  I try to keep a positive attitude and be very diligent about my work and ...

Line Counts/KNR
Feb 03, 2012

For MTs with this company, are any of you having trouble meeting the line count required with VBC within a 40-hour timeframe?  I even have expander program.   ...

Ok, Seriously, Regarding Line Counts
Jul 12, 2012

I posted yesterday and had lots of views, but no one replied.  Every time I check a line count in different online "character counters", it is about 10% over my MM count.  What is the most accurate way? ...

ASR And Line Counts
Apr 19, 2013

I was wondering if any of you could tell me your average LPH. Is the ASR at Nuance pretty accurate or are you constantly making corrections? How many lines per day are you able to do? I was offered a job here and I know I can trust you more than the recruiter to tell me the truth. Are the top producers really able to make a decent paycheck? Are you kept on your primary accounts for the most part? TIA. ...

Line Counts Off?
Mar 10, 2014

Is anyone's line count for today WAY OFF??  I've been working all morning and it seems to be waaaaaaaay too low! ...

Line Counts
May 18, 2015

Anyone out there finding that their lines are dropping for no apparent reason?  Have been struggling for 2 weeks to get minimum 150 lph, doing nothing different than I've ever done, same amount of work, same clients, same hours but lines suck.  What are the chances they are messing with our bean counter?? ...

QA Line Counts
Jun 23, 2015

How many lines are reasonable to expect from QA per hour?  Is a flat rate of 0.09/line count a good rate?  Any info would be appreciated! Thanks- ...

DTS America Line Counts
Dec 28, 2009

Does anyone work for DTS America and have problems with descrepancies on their line count? ...

Transtech Line Counts
Feb 05, 2010

I would just like to know who DOES get their line counts in every pay period.  It seems I am always a little short due to low volume?  I hope I am not in the same boat........Thanks for the input! ...

Etransplus Line Counts
May 03, 2010

Does anyone who's recently been hired or who have been there a while tell me what the current line counts are for those who want to be full-time employment status at Etransplus?  I work on VA accounts and was told it was 10,0001 per pay period, but I've been told by one of the office staff that it was 12,000.  I've sent email after email to the supervisors with no response.  Does anyone know?  I just want to make sure I'm hitting the right target.  Th ...

What Could Be The Reason For Odd Line Counts?
May 12, 2010

According to the Escript, I'm doing an average of 300 lph on VR but usually at the end of 8 hours, I don't top 1100 liines most days.  On Dictaphone's ExSpeech, i used to consistently do 1800-2400 a day on a combination. I have noticed with EScript that 1 day a week, my lines will hit 1200-1300, and I even hit 1500 one  day, yet the lph were still 300.  It doesn't make sense. No, I do not take breaks.  Half the time I don't stop ...

Increase Line Counts?
Jun 26, 2010

I kind of feel dumb even asking this question but how does one get these 300 lph counts I've read about on here?  I have 12 years plus years experience and have only worked in 2 different hospitals.  We never had expanders so I don't really know much about them.  I average about 180 lph but am realizing now working for an MTSO that I am going to have to increase my line counts.  Thanks! ...

Line Counts And Templates
Jun 22, 2010

Hi - I have a question regarding counting templates. I have a new doc who wants me to only count what he dictates, and not the templated review of systems, past medical history, social history, etc. which is all unchanged (unless he says to change it). Do you cut and paste your work into a "count" file to get the total, or do you tell the doctor that it has to be included in the count. And what about the times he does make changes to the "templated items". I welcome any suggestions. ...

Regarding Consistency In Line Counts...does Anyone Else Have
Jul 17, 2010

extreme trouble being consistent in their line counts? Some days I struggle to get half my lines and some days I can double them.  Of course there are factors that influence that like lack of work, which account I am on, if I am having technical difficulty or if I am having an off day personally, but when I look at my timesheets, I look like the most random person on earth.  I know many people say they work 7 days a week to get their lines, etc., and I have most certainly been th ...

Highest Line Counts....
Jul 19, 2010

My highest line count in a day is 2012.... I am wondering what everyone else's record is and how long it took them to get it ?????  ...

What Line Counts Standards Are Out There
Jul 29, 2010

I am just curious as to what line count standards are out there. What are your line count requirements for the day and how much do you use your QA for things like missing encounters, unable to ID patients, incorrect work types? Where I work our standards are relatively lower than other places, however, we also are required to match encounters, determine the work type, send an email for each work type or inrcorrect MRN, create a temporary patient if we cannot find the patient anywhere in the s ...

Highest Line Counts
Nov 08, 2010

Please share highest line in 8 hour day with VR, but no normals.  My highest was 2300, but range from 1700 to 2300 usually.  I've been at for about 6 months now and need to know where I should be and where I can potentially be.   Thanks ...

DTS America/TN Line Counts
Nov 15, 2010

Okay, another end of pay period with not enough work to make line count.  This is just not right.  Is there anybody working for DTS right now, working their scheduled shift and making their line count?   What is happening there? ...

Suspicious About Line Counts
Dec 02, 2010

Is anyone else suspicious about how they are calculating our line counts?  I have been siltting here VERY diligently and typing like crazy these last few days and my counts seem to be going DOWN!!!  I can't imagine how this can be happening.  Anyone else notice the same?  Is there some way to keep track?  But then again, that would take time from typing EVERY SECOND of EVERY HOUR like they want us to, now wouldn't it? ...

Line Counts - What Am I Doing Wrong?
Mar 15, 2011

I have been an MT for over 10 years doing hospital work. I have never been able to do much over 200 lines an hour straight typing except for the rare occasions I get several eye surgeries in a row that are canned. Usually I fall below this. My account is not difficult, but I do have a couple of different hospitals and of course many dictators. I have put a lot of their ROS and PE in my shortcuts, but of course they make a lot of changes sometimes. There are those that take forever to spit i ...