A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Got a call from Axolotl today about interviewing - justanotherMT

Posted: Sep 30, 2010

Got a call from Axolotl today about interviewing. Have heard good things in the past, but saw they were just acquired by another company. Any current employees with advice? Pay rates/platform? Is it straight MT or do they have VR also? Affordable benefits? Would appreciate any information. Comfortable(ish) at current job, would hate to leave and then have transcription phased out or pay cut. Thanks in advance for any info!

Axolotl - Me 2

[ In Reply To ..]
I too received an offer of employment from them and liked what I saw on the application, BUT, they said the account was strong ESLs and I politely declined. I told them I met all of their qualifications, but was unwilling to take on that type of account. I have gotten away from hospital dictation and doing clinic notes, which basically put me to sleep, but I just don't think I can go back to the ESL dictators and voice and QA, etc., etc. I would definitely ask them what they are looking for. Don't be fooled by those "honeymoon" promises.

Axolotl - Karen

[ In Reply To ..]
I would think hard as they have been acquired by another company, which has no transcription background and they do outsource a lot of their customer service stuff. Google Ingenix and you can get information.

All of their accounts is going to VR. The high ESL account is horrid and it is on partial VR.

The merger would make me very nervous.

Similar Messages:

I'm Actually Interviewing With Another Company During This Call
Oct 15, 2012

nm ...

I Got The Call Today
Feb 10, 2012

from Transcend decreasing my pay. :(  Anybody else? ...

Call Today-sm...
Dec 03, 2014

anyone going to the call that starts at 4 pm today.... like 15 minutes? I am. ...

Anybody On The Benefits Call Today?
May 18, 2012

I was working today and so plan to listen tomorrow.  Boy they are really touting this benefit plan - I count at least 2 emails, 1 postcard and a conference call.  Did they say anything specific or was it just typical MM or MQ talk a lot and say nothing? ...

Why Don't We All Just Call In Sick Today!!!!
Jun 19, 2015

x ...

Was There Another Mercedes Conference Call Today?
Sep 10, 2014

d ...

We Had A Conference Call With Our HDSM Today...
Oct 22, 2014

...to announce she (KK) has been promoted to a team scheduling type of position at MM starting early next month and another HDSM by the initials of KM will be taking over for KK. According to KK, KM is really nice and there are other MTs who are excited that she is taking over for KK.  Whatever.  I've only been with MM for 8 months so it's not going to rattle my world all that much.  KK was nice and I will miss her, so only time will tell if KM is as nice as KK says she ...

Any Update On The ScribeRite Conference Call Today?
Jul 10, 2012

x ...

Exit Interview Phone Call Today
Aug 06, 2012

I left MM a few weeks ago and today got a call. They asked lots of questions about how satisfied or unsatisfied I was with MM and I answered them all as honestly as I could. When they asked if I thought any of their practices were illegal or unethical...I told them that hiring people to work for you and then expecting them to use their PTO or go without pay when there was not enough work was extremely unethical. Especially when you have many MTs with NJA daily and others with mandatory OT someti ...

Got Emails, Call Begging For Us To Work Today. Out Of TAT And
Jul 13, 2013

But no offer of bonuses.  I just can't do it.  I know I should be grateful for work but why wear myself out for no extra compensation?? ...

Interviewing
Aug 16, 2010

Hi.  New here.  Was wondering if ya'll knew about these companies, pros/cons to work for.  I have interviews scheduled this week with Softscript and DSG and know next to nothing about both.  Thanks. ...

Interviewing Soon And Nervous
Oct 01, 2010

I have an interview coming up and I am a little nervous.  I have not had an interview in years and I don't know what to expect.  The last two times I had interviews with an MTSO, they did not really interview me but instead just told me about the account and wanted to know what shift I wanted to work. For those of you who have been interviewing recently, what was it like?  What questions can I be expected to answer.  Thanks. ...

Interviewing Tomorrow A.m.
Oct 19, 2010

I'm interviewing tomorrow morning with Amphion.  Even after all of these years in the MT business, I admit that while I'm excited, I'm also a bit nervous.  Has anyone else interviewed with Amphion recently and can clue me in on what to expect?  I was told the interview process would take about 30 minutes but no other details.  Thanks for any input anyone can offer :-) ...

Interviewing With Softscript.....what's The SCOOP!
Oct 19, 2009

Interviewing with Softscript.....what's the SCOOP!  TIA! ...

Interviewing For Both Webmedx And Medquist???
Oct 23, 2010

Logged on and saw a recent post from someone saying they have an upcoming interview with Webmedx and Medquist and are wondering which is the best company.  My jaw just dropped.  Didn't Webmedx just lay off MTs?  Do I not read post after post about no work at Webmedx?  Whats up with that?  I recently joined Softscript and am so glad I did.  Plenty of work, nice people who actually treat you like a person and not just a number...did I mention plenty of ...

Interviewing With Medquist Tomorrow.
Jan 10, 2011

Interviewing with Medquist tomorrow.  Good or bad idea to take position if offered?   ...

Amphion - Thinking About Interviewing With Them
Feb 04, 2011

I am thinking about interviewing with them. Does anyone have any info they could share with me? Thanks. ...

If An Employer Interviewing You Asked For Your
Mar 25, 2012

This story has been popping up in the news lately, and I find it very distressing!  How low will a company stoop to find a way to practice hiring discrimination?  Imagine yourself interviewing in an office or on the phone, and they ask if you use Facebook, Twitter, etc., and request you to hand over your password!  Would you do it?  I sure hope not!  Most likely I would lose my cool and laugh in their faces, but still no way would I ever do that.  WHAT an invasion ...

Axolotl MTs, Something Isn't Right
Mar 10, 2010

I don't know what is going on and as usual the communication sucks, but I'm more than a little concerned.  ...

Has Anyone Gotten Their W2 From Axolotl Yet? Nm
Jan 25, 2011

s ...

Axolotl?
Feb 10, 2014

I know they were bought out a few years ago but I heard through the grapevine United Health was getting rid of the whole transcription department is being let go this year. So sorry for those who will be affected if its true.   ...

Axolotl Or Transtech
Oct 31, 2009

Could somebody give me some info on these two companies, i.e., pay, benefits, work flow steadiness, management, etc.?  Thank's in advance! ...

Axolotl Transcriptionists
May 26, 2010

I wouIld like to know what your opinion is on M-modal.  Do you like it or not?  Is it helpful to you?  Are you being nit-picked to death about it? ...

Does Anyone Know If Axolotl Is Hiring?
Sep 01, 2010

There were positive posts about them in the past.  Don't know where they advertise when they do hire.    ...

Anyone Left At Axolotl/UHG?
Nov 04, 2013

They had layoffs a few months back.  Wondering if the transcription dept. is completely gone now or not. ...

What's Up At Axolotl These Days?
Mar 03, 2014

What's up at Axolotl these days?  Are you guys still on the job? ...

Axolotl - Anyone Else Losing Serious Money Here?
Mar 03, 2010

Is it only me or is anyone else losing serious money here?  for the past 6 months I have NOT been able to make more than 950 dollars a month take-home.  now with the new program my pay is even less.  Please, is this happening to anyone else or am I being singled out.  no matter what I do I cannot make more than 220 to 250 dollars a week in may paycheck, and am onily getting paid twice a month.  I am short about 6 hours with mmodal now.  IS IT JUST ME they are doing this to?  ...

Does Axolotl Have An Incentive Plan?
Jul 28, 2010

Hi--have seen mixed opinions about Axolotl from this board, especially lately. Considering switching from my current company as the M-Modal is awful and line count is suffering a lot because of it. What I'd like to know is: - Does Axolotl have an incentive plan based on lines produced? - Are full time employees required to work 40 hours a week and stick to a set-in-stone schedule, and are you required to work a weekend day? - Is there plenty of work to go around and i ...

How Are Things At Axolotl Since The Buyout? Nm
Nov 11, 2010

s ...

Axolotl - Anyone Know How This MTSO Is Doing Since The Buyout? (nm)
Jan 22, 2011

nm ...