A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Interviewing with medquist tomorrow. - Acha

Posted: Jan 10, 2011

Interviewing with Medquist tomorrow.  Good or bad idea to take position if offered?

Just read this board and make decision. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

all the new hires... - what is the reasoning?

[ In Reply To ..]
Is this like leading pigs to slaughter? Get a whole bunch of new piglets and next thing ya know, the old pigs are bacon.

GREAT.

If you're gonna do it - SM - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
A of 02/11, ASR will only pay 4 cents per line for new hires, and most of your work will likely be ASR (voice recognition). If you do 1000 lines/day, that's only $40 gross. Can you live on that?
If you're gonna do it? - tired of changes
[ In Reply To ..]
But can MQ enforce that if we keep coming up with NJA? That is almost my daily routine, NJA. Thankfully, I had PTO.

Save yourself... - Shafted by MQ

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a previous MQ employee. I was with Spheris prior to being acquired by MQ. I went from an hourly rate to being paid less than 1.50 per report. I typed extremely long and difficult Cardiology reports. Some days I would not make $20.00 due to the length and difficulty of the reports. MQ did not care. I left because I was better off not killing myself for them. The only thing is, they gave the account to an MT who would leave multiple blanks. MQ only cares about getting the work done. Not the quality and certainly do not care about the employee or the client. Please find another company. All the girls on the account I worked for are now struggling for work. They have no secondary account. Everyone else comes on and takes all their work. Be AWARE of this company.

I've been with MQ a few months... - ...

[ In Reply To ..]
...and I'm up to 98% ASR (speech recognition), and that includes the ESL dictators and the lazy, sloppy dictators. That's 4 cpl for nearly everything I do. I was given credit for my 15+ years of experience with my straight transcription rate, but was given no credit for my 3 years of experience with ASR. I'm paid 4 cpl for ASR.

300 lines per hour @ 4 cents per line = $12 per hour. Can you produce 300 lines per hour and still maintain 98% quality?

These are facts, not opinions.

Conditions at MQ - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
Though MQ talks about quality they will not correct their database, will not correct the dictionary and worst of all, continue to allow ASR programmers to add incorrect words to the ASR vocabulary and NEVER correct these unless the MT takes countless hours of UNPAID time to remind them over and over and over again to take these words out. MQ only cares about quality if it means they can use the lack of it as a tool to reduce the MT's salary.

ASR - tired of changes

[ In Reply To ..]
Ok, that would still be good, if it really happened. I am in the Southern region and I have either NJA or hospitals outside of my primary which are a pain in the bohunkas. By the time I read and learn the client profile, my next report is from another facility and...it is ASR. So I am losing time and $$$. Thank you MQ.

If you're very desperate and need - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
a little money temporarily until you find something better, then go for it, but if you're looking for somewhere to settle long-term, I'd keep looking.

If you are having to support yourself and/or others, - you better find something

[ In Reply To ..]
else unless you want to live below the poverty level.

used to be called bingo money - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
Back when we had actual local offices I asked one of the people there why there was never any work at the end of the pay period but always tons of work at the beginning of the pay period. He said it was because most of the MTs just used their checks for bingo money and therefore only worked towards the end of the pay period (we were statuatory back then) because that was all the money they needed. Unfortunately the mindset in corporate is that we MTs don't need to make more than bingo money and that is why you see the consistently decreasing wages. Thank God for minimum wage in some states or MQ would be happy to pay $4 an hour and would get away with it too.

Everyone's situation is different and you need to make the decision that is right for you. Some of us choose to stay here for medical insurance or health reasons that keep us at home, some have little kids and want to be able to be home with them. Some of us have a spouse or significant other who has good benefits or a decent job and we are just supplemental income but others are the main supporters (and probably could make more on unemployment).

Grass is not greener, we actually have rocks! - tired of changes

[ In Reply To ..]
DON'T DO IT...BACK AWAY FROM THE INTERVIEW!

Similar Messages:

Interviewing Tomorrow A.m.
Oct 19, 2010

I'm interviewing tomorrow morning with Amphion.  Even after all of these years in the MT business, I admit that while I'm excited, I'm also a bit nervous.  Has anyone else interviewed with Amphion recently and can clue me in on what to expect?  I was told the interview process would take about 30 minutes but no other details.  Thanks for any input anyone can offer :-) ...

Interviewing For Both Webmedx And Medquist???
Oct 23, 2010

Logged on and saw a recent post from someone saying they have an upcoming interview with Webmedx and Medquist and are wondering which is the best company.  My jaw just dropped.  Didn't Webmedx just lay off MTs?  Do I not read post after post about no work at Webmedx?  Whats up with that?  I recently joined Softscript and am so glad I did.  Plenty of work, nice people who actually treat you like a person and not just a number...did I mention plenty of ...

Interviewing
Aug 16, 2010

Hi.  New here.  Was wondering if ya'll knew about these companies, pros/cons to work for.  I have interviews scheduled this week with Softscript and DSG and know next to nothing about both.  Thanks. ...

Interviewing Soon And Nervous
Oct 01, 2010

I have an interview coming up and I am a little nervous.  I have not had an interview in years and I don't know what to expect.  The last two times I had interviews with an MTSO, they did not really interview me but instead just told me about the account and wanted to know what shift I wanted to work. For those of you who have been interviewing recently, what was it like?  What questions can I be expected to answer.  Thanks. ...

Interviewing With Softscript.....what's The SCOOP!
Oct 19, 2009

Interviewing with Softscript.....what's the SCOOP!  TIA! ...

Amphion - Thinking About Interviewing With Them
Feb 04, 2011

I am thinking about interviewing with them. Does anyone have any info they could share with me? Thanks. ...

If An Employer Interviewing You Asked For Your
Mar 25, 2012

This story has been popping up in the news lately, and I find it very distressing!  How low will a company stoop to find a way to practice hiring discrimination?  Imagine yourself interviewing in an office or on the phone, and they ask if you use Facebook, Twitter, etc., and request you to hand over your password!  Would you do it?  I sure hope not!  Most likely I would lose my cool and laugh in their faces, but still no way would I ever do that.  WHAT an invasion ...

I'm Actually Interviewing With Another Company During This Call
Oct 15, 2012

nm ...

Got A Call From Axolotl Today About Interviewing
Sep 30, 2010

Got a call from Axolotl today about interviewing. Have heard good things in the past, but saw they were just acquired by another company. Any current employees with advice? Pay rates/platform? Is it straight MT or do they have VR also? Affordable benefits? Would appreciate any information. Comfortable(ish) at current job, would hate to leave and then have transcription phased out or pay cut. Thanks in advance for any info! ...

Who Will I Work For Tomorrow?
Oct 10, 2012

Very appropriate. ~ A Nuance MT.   http://hdstoday.com/?p=203#comment-444   ...

Beginning Tomorrow
Feb 23, 2013

beginning tomorrow, I will be working any time, any day, whatever it takes to get my hours/lines in.  There is work in the afternoons and on the graveyard in my region and I will be there.  Whatever it takes. ...

What A Relief. Tomorrow Is My Last Day.
Jun 13, 2013

I turned in my resignation 2 weeks ago and my last day is tomorrow.  No more nagging about line counts and MUP when they can't even pay me minimum wage (although mine is the second highest in the nation).  I've done this work for almost 9 years now and have enjoyed it, but the pay is just getting too low and I'm sure I can find something better in another field.  Good luck to you all. ...

I Am No Longer A MT- Tomorrow Will
Sep 30, 2014

my new life of not dealing with trying to produce a medical report for a MTSO to look good and make profit.  How things have changed in the medical world and it is getting ulgier by the day.  The demands put on MTs are totally unreasonable.  I am walking away because of retirement and I am thankful I can.  I honestly do not know if I could survive under the stress of trying to produce perfection for such minimal pay and know that a MTSO is making as much as me for each line I ...

Off To Virginia Tomorrow
Jan 24, 2015

Well, everything is all set.  I have all my reservations and my travel plans set.  Leaving tomorrow at noon, meeting the team on Monday morning at 8:15.  I'm scared to death!!  Besides this being my first filight EVER, I'm nervous about the second test that I'll have to take - I'm hoping that I pass!   ...

I'm New To MQ- Does The Pay Period End Today Or Tomorrow For The
Dec 14, 2009

They say the new pay period begins on a Sunday, so I was just wondering.  TIA I'm also going to have to teach myself how to use TimeWorks or what ever the clocking system is called.  Is this difficult? ...

No Holiday Pay Tomorrow, Right? My Daughter Gets
Apr 03, 2010

Talk about degrading! ...

Was Looking Forward To Payday Tomorrow Until
Jul 14, 2010

I got an email from HR today that my husband was 'accidentally' added back on my insurance.  Note that he has not been on my insurance for almost a year.  How this happened I have no idea. That means my paycheck tomorrow will have about $400 deducted from it just for that error.  The email basically said "Ooops, sorry about our mistake you will be reimbursed with *next* paycheck." That means a 2-week wait for their mistake.  I am not desperate for the money (thank ...

Boss's Day Tomorrow! If You've Got A Good One Let Them Know.
Oct 15, 2010

I know there aren't very many of you that probably like your boss enough to send them a gift, but if you DO happen to have a nice boss it wouldn't hurt to tell them so they don't become mean and cynical like the rest of them!  Employers like to hear it when they do a good job just as much as the employees do! ...

My Group Is Starting DQ7 Tomorrow. There Goes...smg
Apr 18, 2012

my line count, glug, glug down the crapper.  Have gone over the tutorials about a dozen times, but there are sooo many changes, the main one being in the appearance of the screen.  Also, some key commands stay the same, some now do something totally different, plus there are new ones.    I am sure not looking forward to tomorrow.  ...

Non DSP Conference Call Tomorrow
May 15, 2012

Is there anybody else out there that is a newbie with Nuance and has to attend teleconference tomorrow to go over getting us off of non DSP.  Just curious.  I would like to tell them that if they had consistent QA then it might be easier!! ...

Job Interview Tomorrow Morning..
Mar 02, 2014

I have an interview for a full time medical office assistant position tomorrow morning.  Things are still going pretty well for me with MT right now, but part of me feels like I need to get out now..  BEFORE the bottom falls out... (even though in my situation, there's been no indication to think it it will)  I'm sooo scared to make this change ...scared that I won't get the job, but also strangely scared that I WILL get it.... I have no idea what it pays, but it&# ...

Practicing For Job Interview Tomorrow
May 27, 2014

Everything I have seen about successful job interviewing says NEVER say anything negative about your current employer.  So fellow N MTs, any good suggestions of what I could say that would not be a bald-faced lie? ...

So With Tomorrow Being The Beginning Of A New Pay Period,
Feb 15, 2015

Have I already worked my last day and didn't know it? ...

OT Today, So It'll Be Dead Tomorrow....
May 25, 2015

x ...

Has Anyone Ever Tried To Buy Their Medquist Computer From Medquist
Jul 18, 2011

????? ...

Lockout Starts Tomorrow For Our CCM- North
Jul 12, 2010

I know some of you are on lockdown already and for that you have my utmost sympathy and empathy.  We are supposed to start tomorrow.  There are NO HOURS on the swap board and we have been running into NJA every day since MQ did the management shuffle.  I have my resumes out and took some tests this weekend.  Hopefully I will hear something soon so I can get off this merry-go-round that just isn't merry any longer.  I don't want to worry every wee ...

Anyone Else Supposed To Start With Oracle OTI Tomorrow?
Oct 10, 2010

Why no news?  I hired someone to come in tomorrow (a mother's helper) to help with the kids as I assume we are starting tomorrow (originally told on 10/5 but then someone on this board said 10/11).  I don't know how many hours I can work or any details whatsoever.  Anyone else hear anything?  Do I need to scrounge around for ANOTHER IC job?   ...

MQ Put Out The Email For Incentive Starting Tomorrow >:- O
Dec 10, 2010

to get rid of backlog??? Where?? I want some. ...

Another Payday Tomorrow. I Feel A Bout Of
Aug 11, 2011

I wonder just how small it's going to be, this time?   ...

Just A Heads Up That Tomorrow Or Tuesday Is EIDS.
Nov 06, 2011

s ...