A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Interviewing tomorrow a.m. - Excited but nervous

Posted: Oct 19, 2010

I'm interviewing tomorrow morning with Amphion.  Even after all of these years in the MT business, I admit that while I'm excited, I'm also a bit nervous. 

Has anyone else interviewed with Amphion recently and can clue me in on what to expect?  I was told the interview process would take about 30 minutes but no other details. 

Thanks for any input anyone can offer :-)

No sweat sm - yesdear

[ In Reply To ..]
No problem at all. It is basically a nice conversation of questions and answers about the job. I too was a bit nervous, but it is not a test:) Good luck.

Thanks so much...Are you working for them now? - Excited but nervous

[ In Reply To ..]
Did they offer you a position at the end of the interview, or did you have to wait to hear back? I've read a lot of positive things about Amphion and I've also heard from a couple of MT friends that they pay better than most, so I'm really crossing my fingers on this one.

Pay is too low - MTer

[ In Reply To ..]
pay is 8.2 cpl (visible black characters only). Amounts to about 6 cpl w/ spaces.

Seriously? I had been told they paid BETTER than most - But that sure doesnt sound like it

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, that's crazy low. Is it basically VR or standard transcription? I'm a little disappointed to see how low their pay actually is...

pay is too low - MTer

[ In Reply To ..]
This was based on my 20 years of experience. The account was to morph into VR, but when I left (after only two weeks) it was still straight typing. VR rate was to be 5 cpl (again, visible black characters). Ex-Editor platform, VA account.
May I ask if you left due to the low pay or was the account a nightmare? - Excited but Nervous
[ In Reply To ..]
Or was it a combination of the 2? To my estimation, 5 cpl VR for VBC only equals about 3.5 cpl, which is way too low even on a relatively good account with decent dictators.

Thanks for your candid info, I really appreciate it!
Amphion - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
I've tested at Amphion and passed their tests, I do Radiology, clinic and acute care. The recruiter seems very nice. I was not aware of their line rate for their regular accounts, but for radiology they offered half of what I currently make. Good luck to all of you but I think I'll keep looking.

so what? - Snow Bunny

[ In Reply To ..]
Let me tell you something ... if the work is plentiful and the dictators are fairly decent, then who cares. And I'm speaking as someone watched their earnings dwindle down to nothing because of EMRs. I was lucky enough to be hired by a company with tons of work, great lines of communication, and a great platform to work on. Okay, so I'm getting 8.2 cpl for VBC (no, I'm not working for Amphion), but I like that $2,000+ per month gross earnings. So *WHAT* if I've got over 30 years in the business!

Some of you people need to lose the hubris with respect to the line rate ... "I'm not accepting THAT low pay!!!" You will when they shut your water off and your electricity is the next to go ...

$2,000 per month? - Perspective

[ In Reply To ..]
A cut to $2,000 per month would be about a 50% cut for me (and the way things are going, I, just like everyone else, am heading down instead of up) and would be totally inadequate just to meet my expenses. As head of household, single parent, no insurance or benefits of any kind, that would not suffice. And I work pretty near 24/7 365 days of the year. A few hours off on Christmas Day. I guess it all depends on the person, but I don't think after 20 years of professional experience, $2,000 per month is something I will settle for easily!
I'm not settling - Snow Bunny
[ In Reply To ..]
You said "A cut to $2,000 per month would be about a 50% cut for me ..." Okay, so that means you're getting $4,000 per month. Do I have the math right?

At what cost? You said, "I work pretty near 24/7 365 days of the year. A few hours off on Christmas Day."

What I made was done in about 40-50 hours a week.

So, yeah, I suppose I'm settling ... control of my hours, time to sleep and do what leisure activities I enjoy, run errands, chat with friends every now and then, spend time with my hubby ...

Still think I'm settling?
Sometimes you have to do what you have to - headofhousehold2
[ In Reply To ..]
You mentioned hubby. So you really have never been responsible solely for your household and children. Some of us just have to do what we have to in order to keep afloat. We wish we were in your shoes. I'm in the same boat as the other poster. I have to make 3 to 4 K a month. Whatever it takes. Activities would be nice.... but I guess we all make our beds...
Of course pay your bills but dont say one is settling if she chooses - to make do with less. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
tdy
No snow bunny - not settling at all! - I love it!
[ In Reply To ..]
I would rather make 25000 to 30000 per year than 40 and only have time off at Xmas, really? No way!
Perspective - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I am with you. I have over 20 years of experience and I make between 25-30 dollars an hour for a mid-sized company, the owner of which has asked me not to post their name online because the last time I did, they were flooded with resumes from newbies. (We require five years of acute care experience to apply.) I make approximately 4K a month. Yes, I work hard for it, but there are still some places out there that will give you a good deal.
I would "settle" for $2k a month too....that's DOUBLE what I make now! - SassyPants
[ In Reply To ..]
Cry me a river miss I only make $2k a month, I WISH!!!

I work FT and beg for work and still only make minimum wage if I'm lucky.

I took this "profession" to make the same amount of money (or more) by staying home and saving on gas, lunches, makeup, clothes, etc but I've had my income cut in half! (and my bills did not get cut in half, in fact, some have doubled)

I would gladly take a $9/hour job right now, please!!!

And I do not have kids to support on this "income" either. Just me and hubby and it's still not enough to pay my bills every month, and yes I do love heat and electricity and food too!

Sacrificing weekends AND all holidays is bad enough, but it's not even worth my while to run up my electric bill to have my computer on to "work" when I have no work to do.

I'm getting out while I can and going back to a "nice office job".

Who wants my lines? LOL

Oh Snow Bunny, if only I were earning 2K per month - MTer

[ In Reply To ..]
Snow Bunny - if I were earning anything NEAR 2k (500 per week)I would have stayed at Alpha. I left because I was not even breaking $40.00 per day. Yes, I'd rather live without lights and water than slave eight hours for that pennance. Bad platform plus low line rate plus tons of ESL equals BAD PAY.

Even $400 per week gross would be a good situation for me - I am having trouble even finding THAT with these low pay scales being offered.

pay too low - MTer

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh, I'm sorry. I was confusing Amphion with Alpha Transcription out of Minnesota. I've been doing so much job hopping lately. I apologize. Good luck tomorrow and let me know how you make out.

Oh, what a relief, LOL! - Excited but nervous

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much for clarifying that. Now I guess I'll go back to being excited instead of disenchanted, LOL!

Low pay at Amphion - Ex-Amphion

[ In Reply To ..]
Hired at 8 cpl but not told it was VBC until I'd been there a month. That lowered the pay BIG TIME and it wasn't something I could sustain ($2k won't support me either.)

And then it depends on the platform you'll be working on, and a large portion of the work is VR.

Great people. Decent benefits. Convoluted ways to calculate your pay and never once did my figures agree with theirs.

I moved on.

Amphion pays WAY less than Alpha. - Know from experience.

[ In Reply To ..]

Lower than Alpha - now that's hard to believe!! - MTer

[ In Reply To ..]
I just posted to Snow Bunny that I was barely earning $40 per day working 8 hour shifts with Alpha. Now, if Amphion is worse than that....
How long were you with Alpha? ExEditor account? - Fairest company I have ever worked for.
[ In Reply To ..]
True IC status too. Flexiblity. New accounts. Super busy. Bonus weekend work paid at 1.5 cpl. Awesome QA. Awesome trainer. Awesome manager. Best IT guys ever! When new accounts came on that only paid VBC, they adjusted our rate. They could have easily said "nope, no more spaces for you!" but they didn't they made the adjustment to be fair. I have been extremely pleased.
The account they were hiring for only paid VBC - MTer
[ In Reply To ..]
Perhaps, they offer different rates. I was hired for a new Southwest region VA account. The pay was 8.2 cpl VBC and 5 cpl for VR/VBC(which was "coming in a few months"). As I said before, I was earning $40 per day max (8-hour day) and quit after two weeks. Is it possible you started there at a better time? Because right now - it's the pits!!

I interviewed with them last week. sm - TC

[ In Reply To ..]
If you get RB as the one that calls you, she is totally awesome. You will thoroughly enjoy the interview. I start with them next Monday! Good luck to you!

Yes, that is the person I'm interviewing with - See Message

[ In Reply To ..]
Can I ask what type of account you were placed on and the cpl range? I've heard they pay better than most...did you find this to be the case, and were you offered a VR or standard transcription account?

Also, did they offer you the position during the interview call, or did you have to wait to hear back from them?

Gosh, I feel like I'm unreasonably excited about this interview, LOL!

Amphion - sm - TC

[ In Reply To ..]
They do pay okay. I will be doing VR and transcription. I am not sure yet of the account as I have not received all the details but they do ask your preference (clinic or acute). If you have tested already and passed, then you will probably be offered a job during the interview. I will tell you this. I have 20+ years experience and by the time I finished the phone call, I was extremely excited about getting started (and I am usually not that easily excited), but something just felt right. Since I was hired, I have spoken with 2 other people as well (one was a tech guy). The tech guy was "dry" but the other person was just as sweet as RB and made me feel like I was "home." I hope it works out that way. Good luck to you and let us know how it goes!!!
See message - Excited but Nervous
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I took the test during a bout of insomnia very early Sunday morning and when I came home on Monday, I had an email from RB telling me I had scored very high on their testing and asking which day would be convenient for a telephone interview which would take about 30 minutes.

I do both radiology and acute care/clinic transcription. I took the test for general transcription as I wasn't sure if they had any radiology positions open. Tomorrow during the interview, I'll let RB know I am equally proficient at both and see what they have to offer in both areas. I'm certainly hoping since I've already passed the testing that a position will be offered during the interview tomorrow.

I'll post tomorrow after the interview and let you know how it goes. I normally don't get too excited about interviews after this many (25) years in the MT biz, but for some reason I have a really good feeling about this one. *Fingers crossed*

Thanks so much for your input...I really appreciate it!

Update - Excited but Nervous

[ In Reply To ..]
You were right...the interview went very well and RB was indeed an awesome rep with whom to deal. I was offered a rate in line with what I'm currently making on the same platform, and, since I'm looking for a part-time schedule, the person in charge of scheduling is going to try to fit me onto an account using the platform I currently use.

I'm relieved the interview is over, and excited about starting ASAP.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, and have a great day!

But remember that rate they gave you was NO SPACES - but good luck to you = sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and they say it is b/c eScription does not pay spaces which is BS, cuz I currently work on it and get paid for spaces! Um, eScription doesn't write out our paycheck you do, and you could pay spaces if you chose to. They think we were born under a rock.

Congratulations! Hope it all works out! - TC

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Good Luck - :)

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I've worked for them for a year now - tiredoftyping

[ In Reply To ..]
and I do enjoy working for them. It's been awhile since my phone interview but I remember it as being friendly and pleasant. I work radiology only but as long as I have work I can at least pay most of my bills and so far everyone I have worked with has been really nice, which is a big plus.

Similar Messages:

Interviewing With Medquist Tomorrow.
Jan 10, 2011

Interviewing with Medquist tomorrow.  Good or bad idea to take position if offered?   ...

Interviewing
Aug 16, 2010

Hi.  New here.  Was wondering if ya'll knew about these companies, pros/cons to work for.  I have interviews scheduled this week with Softscript and DSG and know next to nothing about both.  Thanks. ...

Interviewing Soon And Nervous
Oct 01, 2010

I have an interview coming up and I am a little nervous.  I have not had an interview in years and I don't know what to expect.  The last two times I had interviews with an MTSO, they did not really interview me but instead just told me about the account and wanted to know what shift I wanted to work. For those of you who have been interviewing recently, what was it like?  What questions can I be expected to answer.  Thanks. ...

Interviewing With Softscript.....what's The SCOOP!
Oct 19, 2009

Interviewing with Softscript.....what's the SCOOP!  TIA! ...

Interviewing For Both Webmedx And Medquist???
Oct 23, 2010

Logged on and saw a recent post from someone saying they have an upcoming interview with Webmedx and Medquist and are wondering which is the best company.  My jaw just dropped.  Didn't Webmedx just lay off MTs?  Do I not read post after post about no work at Webmedx?  Whats up with that?  I recently joined Softscript and am so glad I did.  Plenty of work, nice people who actually treat you like a person and not just a number...did I mention plenty of ...

Amphion - Thinking About Interviewing With Them
Feb 04, 2011

I am thinking about interviewing with them. Does anyone have any info they could share with me? Thanks. ...

If An Employer Interviewing You Asked For Your
Mar 25, 2012

This story has been popping up in the news lately, and I find it very distressing!  How low will a company stoop to find a way to practice hiring discrimination?  Imagine yourself interviewing in an office or on the phone, and they ask if you use Facebook, Twitter, etc., and request you to hand over your password!  Would you do it?  I sure hope not!  Most likely I would lose my cool and laugh in their faces, but still no way would I ever do that.  WHAT an invasion ...

I'm Actually Interviewing With Another Company During This Call
Oct 15, 2012

nm ...

Got A Call From Axolotl Today About Interviewing
Sep 30, 2010

Got a call from Axolotl today about interviewing. Have heard good things in the past, but saw they were just acquired by another company. Any current employees with advice? Pay rates/platform? Is it straight MT or do they have VR also? Affordable benefits? Would appreciate any information. Comfortable(ish) at current job, would hate to leave and then have transcription phased out or pay cut. Thanks in advance for any info! ...

Who Will I Work For Tomorrow?
Oct 10, 2012

Very appropriate. ~ A Nuance MT.   http://hdstoday.com/?p=203#comment-444   ...

Beginning Tomorrow
Feb 23, 2013

beginning tomorrow, I will be working any time, any day, whatever it takes to get my hours/lines in.  There is work in the afternoons and on the graveyard in my region and I will be there.  Whatever it takes. ...

What A Relief. Tomorrow Is My Last Day.
Jun 13, 2013

I turned in my resignation 2 weeks ago and my last day is tomorrow.  No more nagging about line counts and MUP when they can't even pay me minimum wage (although mine is the second highest in the nation).  I've done this work for almost 9 years now and have enjoyed it, but the pay is just getting too low and I'm sure I can find something better in another field.  Good luck to you all. ...

I Am No Longer A MT- Tomorrow Will
Sep 30, 2014

my new life of not dealing with trying to produce a medical report for a MTSO to look good and make profit.  How things have changed in the medical world and it is getting ulgier by the day.  The demands put on MTs are totally unreasonable.  I am walking away because of retirement and I am thankful I can.  I honestly do not know if I could survive under the stress of trying to produce perfection for such minimal pay and know that a MTSO is making as much as me for each line I ...

Off To Virginia Tomorrow
Jan 24, 2015

Well, everything is all set.  I have all my reservations and my travel plans set.  Leaving tomorrow at noon, meeting the team on Monday morning at 8:15.  I'm scared to death!!  Besides this being my first filight EVER, I'm nervous about the second test that I'll have to take - I'm hoping that I pass!   ...

I'm New To MQ- Does The Pay Period End Today Or Tomorrow For The
Dec 14, 2009

They say the new pay period begins on a Sunday, so I was just wondering.  TIA I'm also going to have to teach myself how to use TimeWorks or what ever the clocking system is called.  Is this difficult? ...

No Holiday Pay Tomorrow, Right? My Daughter Gets
Apr 03, 2010

Talk about degrading! ...

Was Looking Forward To Payday Tomorrow Until
Jul 14, 2010

I got an email from HR today that my husband was 'accidentally' added back on my insurance.  Note that he has not been on my insurance for almost a year.  How this happened I have no idea. That means my paycheck tomorrow will have about $400 deducted from it just for that error.  The email basically said "Ooops, sorry about our mistake you will be reimbursed with *next* paycheck." That means a 2-week wait for their mistake.  I am not desperate for the money (thank ...

Boss's Day Tomorrow! If You've Got A Good One Let Them Know.
Oct 15, 2010

I know there aren't very many of you that probably like your boss enough to send them a gift, but if you DO happen to have a nice boss it wouldn't hurt to tell them so they don't become mean and cynical like the rest of them!  Employers like to hear it when they do a good job just as much as the employees do! ...

My Group Is Starting DQ7 Tomorrow. There Goes...smg
Apr 18, 2012

my line count, glug, glug down the crapper.  Have gone over the tutorials about a dozen times, but there are sooo many changes, the main one being in the appearance of the screen.  Also, some key commands stay the same, some now do something totally different, plus there are new ones.    I am sure not looking forward to tomorrow.  ...

Non DSP Conference Call Tomorrow
May 15, 2012

Is there anybody else out there that is a newbie with Nuance and has to attend teleconference tomorrow to go over getting us off of non DSP.  Just curious.  I would like to tell them that if they had consistent QA then it might be easier!! ...

Job Interview Tomorrow Morning..
Mar 02, 2014

I have an interview for a full time medical office assistant position tomorrow morning.  Things are still going pretty well for me with MT right now, but part of me feels like I need to get out now..  BEFORE the bottom falls out... (even though in my situation, there's been no indication to think it it will)  I'm sooo scared to make this change ...scared that I won't get the job, but also strangely scared that I WILL get it.... I have no idea what it pays, but it&# ...

Practicing For Job Interview Tomorrow
May 27, 2014

Everything I have seen about successful job interviewing says NEVER say anything negative about your current employer.  So fellow N MTs, any good suggestions of what I could say that would not be a bald-faced lie? ...

So With Tomorrow Being The Beginning Of A New Pay Period,
Feb 15, 2015

Have I already worked my last day and didn't know it? ...

OT Today, So It'll Be Dead Tomorrow....
May 25, 2015

x ...

Lockout Starts Tomorrow For Our CCM- North
Jul 12, 2010

I know some of you are on lockdown already and for that you have my utmost sympathy and empathy.  We are supposed to start tomorrow.  There are NO HOURS on the swap board and we have been running into NJA every day since MQ did the management shuffle.  I have my resumes out and took some tests this weekend.  Hopefully I will hear something soon so I can get off this merry-go-round that just isn't merry any longer.  I don't want to worry every wee ...

Anyone Else Supposed To Start With Oracle OTI Tomorrow?
Oct 10, 2010

Why no news?  I hired someone to come in tomorrow (a mother's helper) to help with the kids as I assume we are starting tomorrow (originally told on 10/5 but then someone on this board said 10/11).  I don't know how many hours I can work or any details whatsoever.  Anyone else hear anything?  Do I need to scrounge around for ANOTHER IC job?   ...

MQ Put Out The Email For Incentive Starting Tomorrow >:- O
Dec 10, 2010

to get rid of backlog??? Where?? I want some. ...

Another Payday Tomorrow. I Feel A Bout Of
Aug 11, 2011

I wonder just how small it's going to be, this time?   ...

Just A Heads Up That Tomorrow Or Tuesday Is EIDS.
Nov 06, 2011

s ...

Amphion - Anyone Happy? Interview Tomorrow. Help!
Mar 11, 2012

Just wondered if anyone is happy.  Currently tested and have an interview.  It is for the current job posting.  I am needing something part-time that actually has work.  I have two jobs right now and one is more famine than feast and I really need to get away from that one.  It is going to be mostly VR...but if I get the Escription platform that would be nice since i do like that platform.  Thanks for your help!!!  I have worked for the Q before and well, I can ...