A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Furious. Why tattle to your superior that an MT is a no show - Clueless IMedX leads - Wake up

Posted: Mar 31, 2015

if there is NO WORK on the system?!  How can an MT sign on and work with no jobs available?!

Dear leads, quit tattling to your boss that MTs are no-shows if there is no work on the system.  Have any other MTs had this happen to them?

Dear bosses of leads, please do some research before scolding an MT for being a "no show."  There just might be a reason nobody is clocking in.  Why pay someone on the clock when they can't work?

Simple cure - for that

[ In Reply To ..]
is to immediately email your lead, "no jobs available" and blind copy his or her boss and if necessary the one above them.

I don't get it...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Where I work, if there is no work on your primary, you email the lead to let them know, then you try your secondary. If there is work, you work. If not, you again email your lead and let them know and ask to be sent an email or be called when more work comes in on either account. It is such a simple procedure. If both my accounts are out (which happens very rarely), I either read, watch TV, do chores around the house and check my email every 30-45 minutes until work comes in. I also don't work past the end of my shift, when I am done. So just email your lead that there is no work and check back from time to time.

I DO ALL OF THAT - And still get nagged about no shows

[ In Reply To ..]
What do all of you not get?!

Stop attacking leads and forget your minimums/wage - Ticketmaster

[ In Reply To ..]
I really can't take this anymore, attacking leads. All you do is sit on the account and collect minimum wage, which is not fair. They should stop that. Is anyone still doing this? Please try to work harder.

Um, you cannot get minimum wage just sitting on computer - Jinx

[ In Reply To ..]
When will IMEDX employees realize that they DO NOT get minimum wage just punching in and waiting for work....This has been addressed before!

I am perfectly aware of that. I punch OUT when NJA - Original poster

[ In Reply To ..]
No minimum wage, no lines, no nothing. That is the problem.

if an employee there should be work available - if not then they should still get compensated

[ In Reply To ..]
If they cannot provide enough work for their "employees" then why hire them? They should not have to "clock out" when they are scheduled to work, thus they should get AT LEAST minimum wage! Come on! That is just a poor excuse not to pay someone a decent wage....
This is PRODUCTION based pay...nothing to produce, not pay. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Everyone knows that coming into it. You do NOT get paid hourly, hence, they don't "owe" you anything.

Same holds true for providing you work. If the docs don't dictate there IS no work...what, you think the MTSO can DEMAND the facility to have the docs dictate?

No one is forcing you to work for whatever MTSO you are working for, you aren't being held hostage, chained to your desk. You can quit any time you'd like, go back to school and learn and different trade, go into a completely different field. YOU have control over your life, do something with it if you aren't happy where you are at in life.
I know perfectly well, one mo' time.... - Original Poster yet again
[ In Reply To ..]
that nobody is owed work. I know perfectly well nobody is owed money for nothing.

MY PROBLEM - why am I being called a no show when there is NO WORK?!

God, people, please read and comprehend the original post before ganging up on someone.
Maybe there was work during your shift and you didn't bother checking back??? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Did you email your team lead or your manager that there was no work? That should prove that you weren't a no show, right?
Girl, the entire shift w/emails. sm - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
I'll videotape it next time!!!!!
I have started my shift with work over 1 hr old. - see msg.
[ In Reply To ..]
I have seen stats well past the 15 minute TAT. Not everyone is doing their job. If you punch in the time clock shows you were punched in and ready to work. I agree email manager. Some people just love to complain whether it be the truth or not.
there are work labor laws that states if you are "SCHEDULED" to work and have no work, the - x amount of hours - holds true for production
[ In Reply To ..]
When you are an employee and scheduled to work, you DO NOT HAVE to CLOCK Out by law and sit and "WAIT" ON WORK To come in. You provide the work for said employee...

if you don't have the work then you have to supplement and pay like I said above.
This is true for IC pay- look up your laws honey. employee status is diff. - the minimum base pay
[ In Reply To ..]
Is there to protect people from making below minimum wage when the production is not enough to provide that minimum wage.
My problem is simply this - being accused of "no show" when there is no work to show - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
x
If you punched in on the time clock it would show - you were ready to work.
[ In Reply To ..]
They can't say you are a no show if you punched in. If you punched out and didn't check back, and there was work to do and you were not on and working, that is your fault and no one else's.

When there is no work I am supposed to clock out and get nothing - Original poster and also an ex lead

[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure about your MTSO, but that's the rule with mine. How can you work harder when there are no jobs available to work on?

I get ya, OP - fedupandmore

[ In Reply To ..]
I hate that everybody is attacking you when YOU have done nothing wrong. They need to get rid of the leads and supervisors who have no experience or people skills and replace them with people with management experience but are also humane!!! Fed up with imedx, can't wait to leave!
Thank you! The thing is, I have been a lead and - Finally someone who gets it
[ In Reply To ..]
during my lead days, I didn't hassle MTs for no-show when there was no work. I actually checked the system during the hours I was on duty.

For all of you attacking me thinking I'm expecting a payout when there is no work - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
Please read my post again.

To the OP - I feel ya

[ In Reply To ..]
I totally get your point. Why tattle when this is a non-issue. If there is no work, who in their right mind cares if you are a "no show" anyway.

I had my supervisor crack down on me a little bit recently because I didn't ask for time off properly (it was a last minute appointment) and that my time needed to be made up, blah, blah, blah. When I explained to her that Tuesdays, the day of the appointment, has been notoriously painfully slow for the past month or two, I didn't think it would be an issue, and furthermore, when could I say to her the time/day I would be making up the lines when my account in general had been incredibly slow and there has to be work available in order to make up the time. I think she "got it" at that point. I kept thinking "why are we even having this conversation."

Common sense people. The world needs more of it!

Similar Messages:

Do Superior Global And Imedx Have Any Connection?
Apr 24, 2014

confused ...

Superior Global And TransTech Acquired By IMedx
Jul 22, 2014

Has anyone else heard about these deals?  ...

Imedx Leads Do Not "Cherry Pick"
Feb 12, 2015

Cherry pickin could be found out with a simple run of the software, so leads do not do this. We want to do this, but we dont. There are times we'd sure like to give the snails a bunch of ickies based on their never ending complaints and irregularity. ...

FURIOUS!!!
Aug 08, 2011

I just worked an entire hour on a straight transcription 15 minute report and went to upload and Editscript stopped responding and was froze so I closed and it said it would recover my report. No it uploaded another report and when I looked in the q someone apparently had downloaded MY report and will get credit for typing the whole thing I worked on an hour. I am SO MAD. Oh and thanks to my wonderful team lead not giving QAs instant messenger IDs I can't contact anyone working tonight t ...

How Do You Feel About Being Asked To Tattle (sm)
Nov 25, 2009

We have a problem on our team with MTs cherry picking *gasp* - I've never worked anywhere where that wasn't a problem. Anyway, I agree it's a problem, and on more than a few occasions I have had to grit my teeth as I work through bad dictator after bad dictator because everyone else on the team seems to have disappeared waiting for the crappy reports to be done. This week an email was sent out asking us all to take screen shots of the queue when we think this is happening, and se ...

TSM Must Be Clueless!
Jun 16, 2015

Mandatory OT because we don't want a repeat of last weekend?? Does she even know we had maintenance downtime for half the night. We always get extra behind on maintenance weekends. Somebody above her is probably putting the pressure on her for late work, but heck, it is IT causing the bottleneck twice a month. Plus, it is IT slowing down the MTs with their sorry excuse for ASR. ...

Dear Dr. Clueless
Nov 16, 2010

Why do you not want the medical transcriptionist to hear you?  Why are you whispering?  We have sent numerous reports to you with blanks on them with explanations. Why do you insist that your office staff fill in these blanks?  You need to find a private place to dictate so you can speak up.  Is saying the medication dosage really that painful to you?  For every 20 minute report you dictate, there is only about 3-4 minutes of dictation there.  I do not get paid to ...

How Clueless The Doctors Are
Sep 17, 2012

I was doing some editing the other day and the doctor pauses for a long time towards the end of the report.  As I am waiting to see if he is going to hang up or talk, he goes, "Huh, I wonder how much we are paying for you to just sit there" and hangs up.  I was like, you aren't, you jerk!  I am not getting paid to sit here and listen to nothing while you decide whether you are done with thsi job or not.  Even if we play it back as fast as we can, we are not making/losing ...

Doc Is Sweet But Clueless
Jul 03, 2014

At the end of the report I just completed, the nice dictator ended by saying, "Thank you for transcribing this note and have a happy 3-day weekend."  I honestly can't even REMEMBER when I had one of those!!!  Would if I could, Doc! Oh well... P.S.  All of you on the East Coast, STAY SAFE!  I'm praying for you guys.  I'm in the midwest where we're having unusually cool resort weather...it doesn't seem fair!  Happy 4th though!!!   ...

U Show Me Yours I'll Show U Mine
Mar 11, 2011

Okay, I'm new so I am not making much yet. Can we all just make a post saying how many hours we work, what we gross, how long you've been transcribing, and whether it is vr or st? Don't name your company.  This way we can guage what we can expect to be making down the line. I've been transcribing for 2 months. This week  I worked 37 hours and grossed $259.00 and it was 90% VR. ...

Doctors Seem Clueless That Cell Phones
Jun 14, 2014

Don't they realize that cell phones and similar devices make their dictation a mangled mess with words being cut off?  Or do they just blame us? ...

Imedx And Moderator At MT Stars, Plz Ignore All Employees/posters Of Imedx
Feb 03, 2015

Moderator, please delete everything on your site that refers to Imedx, even this post of mine, it is only the right thing to do. I prefer to be angry and have no where to vent. Last week we were told by Op Mgr that "she has a call into the client about why volume is so low." Yesterday, we got a "yippee" from "her" about having a coupla hundred jobs ready. This morning, we got an email saying, "we need to make sure you have backup accounts now." I wont address the timesheet issue, I am still ...

To The Leads Complaining About MTs
Oct 29, 2009

Did you post here to stir up trouble?  Are you bored?  You certainly knew this criticism would stir up nasty posts.  Seems to me you are displaying the very attitude that MTs complain about with QA.  Quite a power trip you are on there.  This also caused very low morale and worth ethics.  MTs would rather send an error to the client than a blank to QA.  How sad.  Yes, there are slacker MTs.  We all know that, just as there are people in QA positions w ...

EKG Reciprocal Changes In Leads II And AVF
Nov 02, 2009

There were reciprocal changes in leads II and aVF.  s/l cure restoration was normal. ...

WHY IS IT THAT LEADS ARE PERMITTED TO
Nov 29, 2009

manipulate MTs' work queues any way that suits them, just because they can? They know just which jobs are crap & which are at least doable or that 1 in 10 pretty good dictator, and no sooner does an MT download a job that's at least understandable/doable, these low-lives snatch up that job for themselves or 1 of their friends as soon as the MT gets it in his/her queue? Too many of these fair-haired leads are coddled by management and virtually have a free hand in manipulating work flow ...

Wonder If CCMs And QA Leads Got A Pay Cut Also
Jul 11, 2011

They make so much more and when there is no work, I dont see them getting minimum wage for 15 minutes and have to make up their time.   Hey MQ.. why not start trimming the HUGE amount of fat from the multiple overpaid and underworked management staff????  ...

Team Leads/QA/QC
Nov 01, 2012

NOBODY IS AVAILABLE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTION YOU MAY HAVE.  All the sudden no matter who is "on" always has a busy notice up on their status.  How frustrating is this when you work on an account where seems like every other crappy speaker wants things done their way, which contradicts everything else and ultimately makes no sense.  But do you think that anybody would be available to answer a question H NO!!!  All their "changes" to make things better are only making things wors ...

EKG Readings - ST Changes Or STT Changes In The Inferior Leads?
Oct 23, 2009

On EKG readings is the correct term ST changes or STT changes in the inferior leads? On one dictation I hear STT on another I hear ST.   TIA! ...

Transcend Team Leads???
Jul 14, 2010

Is anyone having issues with Transcend Team leads? ...

Hey-Team Leads--Listen Up!
Oct 17, 2010

Ok Team Leads: We all know that you are busy and we all know that you answer countless e-mails a day, but guess what??  That  is the job that you chose and you knew that you would have to take this on.  I am not just a robot who deserves short, snotty comments when asking a question pertaining to my job.  You may e-mail but the tone and shortness can be heard when reading the e-mail.  We are human beings that deserve a descent answer.  I'm not saying you have ...

Team Leads At Nuance
Jul 12, 2012

Can someone tell me are the team leads still USA born or is that going to India also? Thank you. ...

Hey Team Leads...a Question For You.
Nov 15, 2012

Who has the the insane job of deciding on changes in the account specifics?  Not the important ones.  I am talking about the stupid little sneaky ones that are just put in place to trap us into not making our bonus.  Like "whenever Dr. Hindibubbula clears his throat, it is because he doesn't know what the word is so your have to look it up."  (This is just an example, but I am sure you get the picture.)  Here is a specific for you----get a real job instead of a job ...

TEAM LEADS THAT ARE NOT EVEN HOME OR AVAILABLE
Mar 08, 2013

Don't you just love it when you need something from a so-called Team Lead that shows available, but isn't answering their phone or IM? What milkers they are!! Get paid for running around doing their own thing!! ...

Team Leads MIA When No Work?
Apr 16, 2014

Is anyone else having trouble getting a response when there is no work? All of the people I am supposed to contact in an OOW situation seem to have mysteriously disappeared? No answers to my emails, none of them on Spark. ...

NTS Team Leads Not Reading Emails.
Apr 30, 2012

I have the same old complaint----my team lead and her sidekide "SUPER QC" not answering their emails.  Only this time, I actually got a response (2 days later, but at least I got one this time).  I was intrigued and surprised....until I read the email.  It seems she did not even read it.  I was asking her an account specifics question because one QC corrected me for doing something one way, so I did it her way and got corrected by another QC.....same pay period, no bonus.&nbs ...

Nuance Team Leads Leaving
Jun 04, 2013

Anybody heard this?  3 TLs left abruptly?  ...

Searching For New Career Idea-What Type Of Course Leads To This?
Apr 27, 2013

I've been noticing available jobs that have various but similar titles, but basically the function is as described in the link.  I think I'd really enjoy doing this, but I'm not sure what to study (some sort of medical office program?) .  Ideally, I need to take a course online if there's something decent, but I'm enrolled at the technical college in my home town for fall, so I could go that way.  In looking at what they offer, though, nothing seems like i ...

Whatever Happened To The Days When You Could Respect Your Team Leads And Your Bosses?
Nov 12, 2010

No one "leads" anymore, they just direct traffic.  I can remember when the "leaders" used to help their employees so they could get a better line count, get through the hard dictators, or just do whatever was in their power to be encouraging.  Now it seems they just use their positions to grab the good jobs that have good dictators or normal dictations like the ops, collect their pay and act like you are a total burden if you need help.   I can assure you it is not encouragin ...

Who On Earth Hires These Hair-brained Team Leads?
Jan 04, 2014

Every single team lead I have ever had has been a dim-witted numbskull. How the heck can they get these jobs? ...

If It Looks Like IMEDX, Talks Like IMEDX, It Is IMEDX
Feb 28, 2015

No one on this board seems to give specifics when they get canned from IMEDX. So my question is this: Can each person who got laid off/fired let us know more details. Were you PT or full time, did they call or did they email, did you have options, or just firing. How many lines did you do per day. Some of us may not be in your situation and you may have been just an employee that was not worth IMEDX's time and they got rid of you while they may keep all the others, or full timers. Details p ...