A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dear Dr. Clueless - Questions

Posted: Nov 16, 2010

Why do you not want the medical transcriptionist to hear you?  Why are you whispering?  We have sent numerous reports to you with blanks on them with explanations.

Why do you insist that your office staff fill in these blanks?  You need to find a private place to dictate so you can speak up.  Is saying the medication dosage really that painful to you? 

For every 20 minute report you dictate, there is only about 3-4 minutes of dictation there.  I do not get paid to listen to you read or chart or take phone calls.  Do you not understand what PAUSE means?  Do you realize you are wasting my time and my company's time, not to mention an enormous amount of money on these reports that can not be completed anyway?  Surely your staff has given you messages.  Then you have to pay her to complete them.   Your reports are very expensive and are still trash. 

Since you are so clueless as to why you can not get a completed report, let me clue you.  LEARN HOW TO DICTATE!!!!!!

I have always thought medical schools should have - sk

[ In Reply To ..]
some sort of little seminar or something on dictating--like maybe have a MT talk to them--if not the school, then include in their inservice with the hospital when they being rotations as resident/interns.

Three people getting paid for an incomplete report, MT, QA, and staff. - Wow. No message

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Similar Messages:

TSM Must Be Clueless!
Jun 16, 2015

Mandatory OT because we don't want a repeat of last weekend?? Does she even know we had maintenance downtime for half the night. We always get extra behind on maintenance weekends. Somebody above her is probably putting the pressure on her for late work, but heck, it is IT causing the bottleneck twice a month. Plus, it is IT slowing down the MTs with their sorry excuse for ASR. ...

How Clueless The Doctors Are
Sep 17, 2012

I was doing some editing the other day and the doctor pauses for a long time towards the end of the report.  As I am waiting to see if he is going to hang up or talk, he goes, "Huh, I wonder how much we are paying for you to just sit there" and hangs up.  I was like, you aren't, you jerk!  I am not getting paid to sit here and listen to nothing while you decide whether you are done with thsi job or not.  Even if we play it back as fast as we can, we are not making/losing ...

Doc Is Sweet But Clueless
Jul 03, 2014

At the end of the report I just completed, the nice dictator ended by saying, "Thank you for transcribing this note and have a happy 3-day weekend."  I honestly can't even REMEMBER when I had one of those!!!  Would if I could, Doc! Oh well... P.S.  All of you on the East Coast, STAY SAFE!  I'm praying for you guys.  I'm in the midwest where we're having unusually cool resort weather...it doesn't seem fair!  Happy 4th though!!!   ...

Doctors Seem Clueless That Cell Phones
Jun 14, 2014

Don't they realize that cell phones and similar devices make their dictation a mangled mess with words being cut off?  Or do they just blame us? ...

Furious. Why Tattle To Your Superior That An MT Is A No Show - Clueless IMedX Leads
Mar 31, 2015

if there is NO WORK on the system?!  How can an MT sign on and work with no jobs available?! Dear leads, quit tattling to your boss that MTs are no-shows if there is no work on the system.  Have any other MTs had this happen to them? Dear bosses of leads, please do some research before scolding an MT for being a "no show."  There just might be a reason nobody is clocking in.  Why pay someone on the clock when they can't work? ...