A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Who on earth hires these hair-brained team leads? - mtfordummies

Posted: Jan 04, 2014

Every single team lead I have ever had has been a dim-witted numbskull. How the heck can they get these jobs?

If it's "every single" team lead, chances are - it is you, not them

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe they should be asking how you got your job. I have been offered a team lead position, but if I have to have people who make such a rude and callous remarks like you just did, not so sure that would be in my best interest.

I really feel bad for team leads that have to have people with your attitude underneath them.

Agree!! - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
That is a good observation. If you have issues with all of them, the problem is most likely to be on your side.

Pfff! Been an MTlong? Numbskull team leads - are hired for that very trait.

[ In Reply To ..]

LOL - you're obviously one of the team leads, - as you have no clue of the MT

[ In Reply To ..]

Not the OP, and not who you are responding to, but it - it is indeed Every Single Lead

[ In Reply To ..]
then that would lead me to believe that the source is indeed the MT and not the leads. I've worked for several different companies and yes, I've had some doozies as team leads, but I've also had some very, very good ones.

The statistical chances of ALL of the team leads that you are getting being bad are slim, so the OP has to play at least a part.
I'm a hard worker, done MT for 35 years, and - in every case except ONE, the - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
person above the MTs was on a mission to make every single one look like the worst employee in the world. The only one that didn't wasn't a team lead, but an office manager on-site at a hospital. But the flunkies hired by subsequent managers to be team leads, ESPECIALLY those at services, were the worst of the worst when it came to knowing how to do their jobs. The bottom line is, they DIDN'T know how to do their jobs, and in order to try to hide that fact, they used every trick in the book to try to "prove" how bad the MTs under them were. I'm now back at a clinic, and it's the same story; the leader is clueless and overwhelmed by her responsibilities, and pushes her mistakes off on others.

It isn't just in MT that this happens, either. I think just about every office is run that way... the "old style" of management where making yourself look good at the cost of stomping on everyone beneath you is The Way. It makes me want to study management in school, if for no other reason than to see what the h__l they're teaching these people, because it's archaic, and it's NOT WORKING.
See the interesting book by - Val
[ In Reply To ..]
Robert L. Sutton, the No A***** Rule book.

Like I said - it is you, not them

[ In Reply To ..]
I was offered a position as a lead one time. And since you don't know me you have no clue. Been an MT for 17 years now. I've had a couple bad team leads, but I've also had some great team leads. My lead right now is an excellent team lead. She knows what she is doing, very helpful to all of us. She's very intelligent when I ask a question and if she doesn't know the answer she will get back to me with it.

You are the one without a clue. Not every team lead is what the OP claims. And instead of "chances are", like I said in my other post, you have confirmed that it is indeed the OP (or even you) and not the team lead who is the problem. Again, when someone says everyone else is, that is pretty much a dead give-away that the team lead is not the problem (i.e. the "hair-brained, dim-witted numbskull"). She probably also thought in school when she said 2+2 equals 5 and all the teachers said she was wrong that it was all the teachers fault, not hers. Everything is always someone else's fault, never taking responsibility that she is most likely part of the problem.

Who wants to work over someone with a snotty know-it-all, I am perfect attitude. Not me that's for sure.
Are you new here? (sm) - Rose
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm happy to read that you have a good team lead now, but with all due respect, that has not been the experience of most posters on this forum. I've worked as an IC as well as a transcription dept. supervisor at a couple of hospitals and taken as many management and supervisory courses in the last decade. What is taught is the exact opposite of how the majority of MTSO team leaders conduct themselves in a business setting.
I'd venture a guess that those bad team leads - never took any courses at all. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree. I think they have an education in having money. (nm) - Rose
[ In Reply To ..]

I call my QA person "The Shredder", I'm so - depressed and I feel

[ In Reply To ..]
like I can't do anything right.

I totally agree with you. It's like the blame... - kshel

[ In Reply To ..]
ALWAYS has got to be someone else because they can't cut it. Sorry for the bluntness but the post set the tone with the unreal remarks. However, you I hope will take the job and do well.

They kiss up to the 'right' people, and they - sell their souls to the corporation. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
=

It goes way beyond team leads - onetiredmt

[ In Reply To ..]
In my company the problem stems from the VP and runs down from there. They are not qualified for the position in the first place, so in order to make themselves look better they have to beat down everyone below them. If you have a drop of common sense or a backbone you're not management material, at least at my company.

team leads? - Been there

[ In Reply To ..]
For one, they should not be called team leads. We individual MTs are not a team. We might be a member of a specific department, but we have no interaction with one another. We are out here on our own. No way to compare what is going on or compare circumstances and really unable to help others on our TEAM or get help from them. Good gravy have you ever been asked if you were a team player when you did not know your team mates? Everybody is held to a line rate when some get the worst dictators on the planet to deal with.

LOL. - In-House Lead

[ In Reply To ..]
LOL.

I should have been more specific. - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
every team lead with the big 2 MTSOs. The team leads I had with independent companies had been fabulous and helpful. So, I suppose it's not just me after all, you haters who enjoy picking apart every single post a person makes. Again, ONLY THE TLs FROM THE BIG 2 MTSOs. You know, the ones who are so busy trying to climb the elusive corporate ladder they have forgotten about human compassion. So, there, I've thrown another bone for you to pick. Enjoy.

Actually, it's "hare-brained" - anon

[ In Reply To ..]

Is it really? Thanks. I never knew that. - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
x

THANK YOU! - xx

[ In Reply To ..]
I sooo much wanted to say that myself, but people get so weird about having the truth pointed out that I have just given up.

Similar Messages:

Team Leads/QA/QC
Nov 01, 2012

NOBODY IS AVAILABLE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTION YOU MAY HAVE.  All the sudden no matter who is "on" always has a busy notice up on their status.  How frustrating is this when you work on an account where seems like every other crappy speaker wants things done their way, which contradicts everything else and ultimately makes no sense.  But do you think that anybody would be available to answer a question H NO!!!  All their "changes" to make things better are only making things wors ...

Transcend Team Leads???
Jul 14, 2010

Is anyone having issues with Transcend Team leads? ...

Hey-Team Leads--Listen Up!
Oct 17, 2010

Ok Team Leads: We all know that you are busy and we all know that you answer countless e-mails a day, but guess what??  That  is the job that you chose and you knew that you would have to take this on.  I am not just a robot who deserves short, snotty comments when asking a question pertaining to my job.  You may e-mail but the tone and shortness can be heard when reading the e-mail.  We are human beings that deserve a descent answer.  I'm not saying you have ...

Team Leads At Nuance
Jul 12, 2012

Can someone tell me are the team leads still USA born or is that going to India also? Thank you. ...

Hey Team Leads...a Question For You.
Nov 15, 2012

Who has the the insane job of deciding on changes in the account specifics?  Not the important ones.  I am talking about the stupid little sneaky ones that are just put in place to trap us into not making our bonus.  Like "whenever Dr. Hindibubbula clears his throat, it is because he doesn't know what the word is so your have to look it up."  (This is just an example, but I am sure you get the picture.)  Here is a specific for you----get a real job instead of a job ...

TEAM LEADS THAT ARE NOT EVEN HOME OR AVAILABLE
Mar 08, 2013

Don't you just love it when you need something from a so-called Team Lead that shows available, but isn't answering their phone or IM? What milkers they are!! Get paid for running around doing their own thing!! ...

Team Leads MIA When No Work?
Apr 16, 2014

Is anyone else having trouble getting a response when there is no work? All of the people I am supposed to contact in an OOW situation seem to have mysteriously disappeared? No answers to my emails, none of them on Spark. ...

NTS Team Leads Not Reading Emails.
Apr 30, 2012

I have the same old complaint----my team lead and her sidekide "SUPER QC" not answering their emails.  Only this time, I actually got a response (2 days later, but at least I got one this time).  I was intrigued and surprised....until I read the email.  It seems she did not even read it.  I was asking her an account specifics question because one QC corrected me for doing something one way, so I did it her way and got corrected by another QC.....same pay period, no bonus.&nbs ...

Nuance Team Leads Leaving
Jun 04, 2013

Anybody heard this?  3 TLs left abruptly?  ...

Whatever Happened To The Days When You Could Respect Your Team Leads And Your Bosses?
Nov 12, 2010

No one "leads" anymore, they just direct traffic.  I can remember when the "leaders" used to help their employees so they could get a better line count, get through the hard dictators, or just do whatever was in their power to be encouraging.  Now it seems they just use their positions to grab the good jobs that have good dictators or normal dictations like the ops, collect their pay and act like you are a total burden if you need help.   I can assure you it is not encouragin ...

Dang You Team Leads, Quit Siphoning Off Good Reports Before I Get
Jan 15, 2015

Ashamed of yourself, and your supervisor should be fired for permitting it. ...

Is Anyone As Tired Of The Routine "thank You For Every Thing You Do" That These Team Leads
Dec 04, 2010

tack into their signature blocks but never mean a word of it?   What happened to the old team leads who actually cared about their teams and had them working as a team, not pitting one against another?  How long has it been since you have actually had a call from your team lead or manager just asking how you are doing?   These witches are just in it for the money but they do not care about the accounts nor those of us they consider low lifes that get the work done for th ...

What On Earth Is Going On At The Q
Apr 08, 2011

Is there a magic prize offered?  Did they land some huge new accounts?  Are they just looking to hire a bunch of even lower paid individuals to start replacing more higher paid? What is going on?  Why are all these people looking to work here?  They dont know how bad it is, do they? ...

If You Hate It So Much Why On Earth Are You Still Here??
Jul 11, 2011

The posts seem to be getting more and more bitter and full of vitriol for basically every MTSO out there.  Frankly I don't understand why those of you who hate this job so much don't just go get retrained and move on.    I find it hard to believe they are all that bad.  I have worked for 5 or 6 of the big nationals and thought they all lived up to their end of the bargain and were for the most part decent to work for (DSG, Transcend, WMX, MedScribe, and ev ...

Why On Earth The Cesspool Is Back?
Feb 01, 2010

Why on earth the cesspool is back?    I log on to work and I am getting work from "a helper pool" which I don't want to help.  The work sucks and I feel bad for anyone who has to do this account regularly.  I never agreed to be a helper for the helper pool.  There is work in the accounts that I am used to!  Why are they doing this? I already had my pay cut from the ASR, from the bouncing around in my own pool from the work going overseas, and now this???? Didnt they take awa ...

With This Stupid New NJA Policy, What On Earth Are
Aug 23, 2013

we supposed to do at holidays when there is No Work and No Work to make up later that day or even that week?!?! ...

Examination Of The Hair...
Mar 15, 2010

what heading would you put that under? skin? HEENT? or what? kind of silly question I guess, but I just want to make sure. (Patient has thinning hair, btw) thanks ...

Hair Capsulorrhexis???
May 27, 2011

is this correct? ever heard of this? ...

Tearing My HAIR OUT!!!!!!
Nov 11, 2012

Can this system be any slower???????????????? This is killing our line count!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring back American tech support!!! ...

Hair Question
Apr 15, 2013

I have a pretty odd sentence, but I couldn't really hear him well: The hair pole reveals about 50% telogen and androgen hairs. Any idea if pole is right and if androgen is right?  ...

I'm Tearing My Hair Out...
Dec 07, 2013

WHY did our stupid ASR start putting in mm of mercury for mmHg?  Didn't we have enough corrections to make before this?  ...

Tearing My Hair Out
Jun 24, 2014

Worst report ever!!!! Sound quality was pure crap.  I have NEVER had a report with so many blanks with a total of 65.  Sent to QA and wondering if they even tried to listen and fiill in any of  the blanks as they were all still there when I looked at it.  SISO.  How much worse can this dictatior get?  I did let my TSM know of this deplorable report.  Enough for ventiing. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Hair Zone Pillows???
Jun 17, 2011

I swear the doc is saying "hair zone" pillows.  Here is the sentence in its entirety: Patient is on a pressure redistribution surface already, to be turned q.2 h., elevator "hair zone" pillows. It's probably something really simple and I'm going to feel so silly.  ...

Please Help....ready To Pull My Hair Out...
Jul 19, 2011

It sounds as if the dictator is saying "necrotic syndrome"  however, everything popping up in search is nephrotic syndrome.....this is going all the way through the report...I have slowed the dictator down and listened carefully and she continues to sound as if she is saying necrotic...is the such a syndrome?   thank you in advance for any help. ...

Turgerin Hair Growth
Apr 02, 2013

I need help with s/l turgerin hair growth ...

Has Anyone Heard Of Miracle D For Hair Growth?
Sep 17, 2010

It sounds like the dr. is saying Miracle D and it's supposedly and OTC hair growth aide.  I can't get it to come up online or anywhere else I've looked. ...

READY TO PULL MY HAIR OUT. I Just Finished A
Jul 01, 2011

79.79 minute job by an intern who gave a day-by-day account of a 3-week hospital stay.  She repeated the same things over and over and over.  I HATE THOSE KINDS OF JOBS!!!!!!!!! ...

Let's Test New Theory. What Color Is Your Hair
Mar 20, 2014

LOL at this point it seems that anything might play into consideration. ...

Lower Extremity Exam- Digital Hair?
Feb 25, 2011

Is there a type of lower extremity exam that would be done called digital hair?  It s/l hair! DP and PT pulses are palpable bilateral.  Positive digital (hair) bilateral.  There are no lesions or lacerations noted bilateral.  Normal skin color, texture, and turgor bilateral.  It's an exam for a bunion deformity. Thanks. ...

To The Leads Complaining About MTs
Oct 29, 2009

Did you post here to stir up trouble?  Are you bored?  You certainly knew this criticism would stir up nasty posts.  Seems to me you are displaying the very attitude that MTs complain about with QA.  Quite a power trip you are on there.  This also caused very low morale and worth ethics.  MTs would rather send an error to the client than a blank to QA.  How sad.  Yes, there are slacker MTs.  We all know that, just as there are people in QA positions w ...