Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Reply - Anonymous

Posted: May 8th, 2023 - 4:26 pm In Reply to: Most strikes are undertaken by labor unions - so

From what I have read, there is no law preventing one person from "going on strike; it just seems that without union representation, there isn't much leverage over the employer, not to mention that you can't protect your job. I don't know what the rules are for ICs, but it might be something completely different. The way transcription is now, they would probably fire you and replace you with someone who is okay with the pay, or someone offshore. You could ask for a raise or try to find another job. As far as not knowing what I'm talking about, the examples cited in the original post do belong to unions, and you can research that as well, even food service workers have unions. At the library where I volunteer, only full-time employees can join the union, so it's not as simple as it appears. I've never heard of someone who doesn't belong to a union going on strike. At one time, someone here was trying to form an MT union, but it never gained any momentum. One reason for outsourcing transcription may be that hospitals and clinics don't have to deal with unhappy workers who make too many demands.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)