Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 40)

That's been discussed so many times here over the years - and it will never happen SM

Posted: May 6th, 2023 - 4:22 pm In Reply to: Strike - ltmt

for various reasons. A main reason always has been usually nobody can afford to take the time off to strike and lose the current income as well as the job they have.

Sadly, those doing the hiring have the upper/heavy hand. They pay what they want to pay and if one person doesn't like it, there are other people who will take it.

Which leads me to point the finger at one FB page owner who allows and defends low wage postings on their page time and time again from one specific MTSO, despite constant discussion about that low wage and then comes down heavy on the MTs who try to discuss it on that page.

This page owner has a pretty big ego and a really crappy attitude of it's her way or the highway as far as what's posted or allowed or discussed. States how she's the ONLY admin and doesnt have time to screen things.

Seems like she's got major control issues and an attitude if she wont have anyone to help her do the admin work of screening. I think that's pretty two-faced and backstabbing to the MTs who are actually doing this work. She apparently has a good job from what I've seen posted in the past, and doesn't have time to do screening, but says she's still willing to provide this service to people still doing MT work. That's decent of her, but if you're claiming to want to help the MTs then actually help instead of enabling and encouraging low wage postings as well as the sneaky postings with no wage listed and the OP claiming how they are only posting for someone else and have no control over wages and you have to talk to someone else. That kind of post is nothing but a way to bait MTs by hiding another low wage.

I admin on a small page and know too well about bots and spammers. I agree the group is helpful and appreciate it being available but her controlling attitude could tone down, especially if she's not the one working for these kind of wages.

No need to start on me about how people can get a better job if they really want one. That's been beaten into the ground for years as well and people have different lifestyles and situations and their own reasons for staying in MT.

And I know someone will immediately point her to this post and set her off in another attitude and power demonstration of how it's HER PAGE. That's fine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)