Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: I tried working for them 10+ years ago for their .. (Views: 31)

The vendors have undercut each other for years - Anonymous

Posted: May 6th, 2023 - 5:14 pm In Reply to: That's been discussed so many times here over the years - and it will never happen SM

It's a very cutthroat business. When one vendor offers their clients a lower rate, the others follow suit because none of them want to lose business, in addition to offshore companies who charge less than any of them. Hospitals are just looking at the bottom line and how much money they save, not how it affects people trying to make a living wage. It is not only the MTSOs who are greedy, it's the clients they serve who are willing to do anything to save money. Several years ago, some hospital MTs belonged to unions, but weren't able to keep their jobs when the decision was made to outsource transcription. Then there are the union organizers who sometimes have their own agenda. From what I have seen 8 cents a line is one of the higher rates these days. Who would people strike against? It would have to be individual employers and there are too many of those to count; the ones in foreign countries don't care about such things, and anyone can be easily eliminated, either by automation or plunking another body in a chair who is willing to work for next to nothing. Unfortunately, medical transcriptionists are no longer in demand. I became a transcriptionist when we were using IBM Selectric typewriters and Liquid Paper,so I've pretty much seen it all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)