Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

It's way too much - Need advice

Posted: Sep 26th, 2020 - 4:37 am In Reply to: Why your marriage license? - Anon

Yeah, the whole marriage license thing really threw me for for a huge loop. They asked me what my maiden last name is, so I confirmed all of that information with them and then they said that I would need to send them a copy of our marriage license prior to my start date. What in the world kind out outfit is this place?! First a background check, then a credit check, and now they want my marriage license? Are these people forgetting that they are the ones who came to ME after all these years to ask me to work for them, and now they are requiring me to divulge such deeply private and personal information about myself that bears absolutely no relevance to the position whatsoever? I'm sorry, but I am not okay with all of this. I was fine with the background check, but now they are getting WAY too personal. The whole marriage license thing just came up after I had made my original post and now I feel even more uneasy. Frankly, I'm surprised that they haven't asked for my blood type and contact information for my family members at this point. I'm really glad that I'm not the only one who thinks they are majorly overstepping their boundaries by asking for such personal information! I wasn't even asked for this much information when we bought our home!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)