Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

It seems risky - SM

Posted: Sep 25th, 2020 - 6:28 pm In Reply to: What would you do? - Need advice

I will echo what everyone else has said. The fact that they came running back to you a year after they had turned you down is very weird. I would really question their motives. Are they not able to keep MTs? Have they cycled through everyone else who was wiling to work for them and now they are scraping the bottom of the barrel? Something smells fishy to me. I know that being an IC can be difficult at times as far as not having any benefits/paid time off, etc., but I honestly wouldn't risk it. You have two solid IC jobs that are paying your bills and you know pay a lot better than this job probably will. Think of it this way - at 4 cpl, would you even be able to afford to go on vacation? Another thing to consider is how difficult will it be to even get time off approved at this company? They could very well be one of those companies who make it extremely difficult, if not impossible to be approved to take PTO and may require notice months in advance if you plan to take time off. If I were in your position, it wouldn't be worth the risk to me. Hang onto what you have and tell this other company to pound sand. They had their chance to hire you a long time ago. It's their loss, not yours.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)