Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 70)

What would you do? - sam

Posted: Sep 25th, 2020 - 10:06 pm In Reply to: Totally agree - Need advice

I agree that all the intrusive background checking is weird, but it's a different world now and many employers think that's an easy way to see if you are stable and trustworthy. I think many look into things like that without our even being aware of it ("implied consent" by providing your info, etc.)

The first thing that occurred to me, though, was to nicely ask the potential employer ALL your questions. They could of course be less than truthful, but lack of response tells you all you need to know.

The most important thing is to decide if the pay, if everything else checks out, is worth it to you.

I have taken many, many chances with small companies, most of which did not work out (no horror stories, just not enough work), but in the long run I found two I have worked with for years that have absolutely saved me in hard times.

For what it's worth, I have had a well-paying MT-related job for the past year, but refuse to give up my IC work. Yeah, it's long hours, 12 hours a day, but I'm not ready to trust one source yet.

It seems that these days if you still want to be an MT, you have to be creative, tough (and still love transcribing).

Best luck to you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)