Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Wondered - Better to stay

Posted: Sep 25th, 2020 - 4:19 pm In Reply to: I wondered that as well - Need advice

with the devil you know, than the one you don't. They had their chance a year ago to hire you. If you were seeking a position, that would be different or looking to change from where you are now.

What if you go with this outfit and it doesn't work out, could you go back to the jobs you have now? Again, these companies lie and are only concerned with themselves. If you are making decent money, put some aside for PTO on your own, just like you do with taxes.

I don't like the IC thing either, but to take such a plunge would give me pause. Again this is not a job you can rely even with good companies, so I would tell them, you snooze, you lose. Should have hired me a year ago. Stay where you are.

If things change, you can always contact them again and PTO at minimum wage is nothing after taxes, so is 4 cpl. I work PT doing MT and work PT as a receptionist as an employee, and take out extra taxes at that job. I don't get any PTO since I am PT, but it is nice to have a regular job in my back pocket. I would never rely on MT work full time ever again, even as an employee. I don't trust any of them. I only work now for supplemental income and that takes a lot of pressure off of me, because I have grown to detest this job in ways I never thought possible with the VR, VDI and the horrible dictators and the companies themselves, all N or MM clones!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)