Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I wondered that as well - Need advice

Posted: Sep 25th, 2020 - 2:06 pm In Reply to: I think you answered your own question sm. - FlaMT

I definitely found it a bit strange that they would so randomly reach out to me a year or more after they had decided not to hire me previously. I obviously was not good enough to work for them back then, so why are they suddenly now, after all this time, so eager to bring me on board and tell me that I have the exact skills and experience they are looking for? Very, very odd. This is the first time I have ever been contacted by a company who had rejected me in the past. I was wondering if others may have been jumping ship for some reason and they are now desperate to fill vacant positions, so they are going back through past applications that they have received and still have on file and are reaching out to whoever they can. It just seems very, very strange and a bit sketchy to me. And to require a credit check??? Goodness, that seems intrusive and over the top for a 4 cpl MT job. I definitely did not feel comfortable with that at all. My credit is my business and has absolutely nothing to do with my ability to perform my job. It's not like I'd be working with money! As much as I would love an employee status position, I am VERY hesitant to give up one of my good IC jobs to venture into the unknown and take what would probably be a pretty drastic pay cut from what I am currently making. My husband thinks that the benefits sound great, but I am very worried about the job itself and what they will be like to work for, especially at a measly 4 cpl, which is essentially peanuts. As far as being able to get the QA bonuses and whatever other bonuses they may have, they sent me a whole bunch of literature to read over regarding that, but, honestly, I'm not even sure I'm going to bother myself at this point. I very likely will pass, but I thought I'd at least get some opinions on what others would do if they were in my shoes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)