Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Totally agree - Need advice

Posted: Sep 25th, 2020 - 9:11 pm In Reply to: You pointed out a lot of red flags. Why leave a well-known - situation to jump into a total unknown

Now that I've had more time to really think about it, I'm going to walk away. There are just way too many red flags for comfort. I was blown away when they said I'd have to consent to both a background AND consumer credit check! I have been an MT for 20 years and never once have I ever been required to have a credit check for any job I've ever had. I've hardly even had to undergo any background checks! I think I've had maybe 2 companies that I've worked for in the past 20 years do a background check, but a credit check??? Unless you are handling a significant amount of money, being given access to a company credit card, or, like you said, managing their books, your credit history is not the business of any employer. I also would have to pay to get paperwork notarized and they even asked me for a copy of my marriage license! They want all of this just so I can have the privilege (gag) of them paying me 4 cpl. I am going to be emailing them and letting them know that I simply cannot work for 4 cpl and also let them know that I do not feel comfortable with them digging so deep into my private, personal information (especially my financial/credit history) that has literally nothing to do with this job. I consented to a background check. That should be more than sufficient.

Also, as a somewhat irrelevant side note, I know I had said that I had applied with them about a year to a year and a half ago (and was turned down), but I just went way back in my emails, and it was actually at the very beginning of 2018, so it was almost 3 years ago, even longer than I had originally thought. That makes it all the more strange that they would reach out to me after all this time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)