Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Can't - Afford

Posted: Oct 2nd, 2019 - 4:35 pm In Reply to: I can't afford my electric bill - sm

I was offered budget billing last year on my electric for $159/month, now this year, it went to $170, maybe a little higher. There used to be 2 months in the summer and 2 in the winter where the bill was astronomically high and I would add them together and divided the cost in half and was able to manage that way. Not this year. My electric has been close to $300 for at least 3 months and September's bill hasn't come in yet! This summer has been horribly hot in Florida. I just had to have my AC outside unit capacitor changed for the 2nd time since, I believe, May. Of course, these were used, but that is just ridiculous. I, too, enjoy several months of $100 or less bills and don't want to be locked into paying more those months, although I do realize $170 is far better than almost $300 for months!!!

I was just about to possibly lose my home due to some bank and other issues, had my electric cut off the 1st part of September and still have to worry about the electric for Sept. Forget food. If it wasn't for food banks, I would've starved by now.

For TV, I have Hulu which I got for 99 cents a month for a year during Black Friday last year. That offer lasted for longer than 1 day and I think was good for at least several weeks after Black Friday. I actually didn't sign up until the last day, but was so glad I did. Costs me like $1.06/month. I'm hoping they offer it again this year and would be willing to pay even a tad more, as I'm sure they will go up on the price.

I have a landline, but it's bundled in with my internet, and I can't afford a cell right now. I did have just a little cheapo flip phone, but just couldn't afford coverage any longer. Thankfully my car is paid for, but it desperately needs work, so hoping it will last till income tax refund, so I can replace/fix a couple things.

This is certainly not a job for someone who has to rely on it as their sole income. I'm hoping to retire by the end of next year, but have to take the time to see if it will be feasible or not.

Good luck OP. You are not alone in your struggles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)