Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Agree with you would be better off - Been there

Posted: Jan 15th, 2019 - 8:18 am In Reply to: I love typing Pathology - Panicked MT

I would advise you not to quit your job, especially if you have been with your employer for a while, consider your benefits and hourly rate. I would advise you to avoid working for an MTSO unless you are an amazingly fast MT, you will not make any money. Also, there are downtimes when you might not have work or they lose accounts. Perhaps your employer will let you work from home while you are on medical leave as mine did. Working at home is not my cup of tea but for a brief stint it worked well. I'm an introvert as well but working at home caused me to become more isolated and there is something to be said for getting up, dressing up and showing up. Office politics are difficult to handle, just stay out of it the best you can, 99% of the time it is someone else's problem. Someone mentioned placement in another department, that is also an option if you are already employed. Depending on your health issues, employee health may be able to work with you on that. Good luck with your decision, but think long and hard about quitting your job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)