Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Here's what I would suggest - For you (sm)

Posted: Jan 16th, 2019 - 1:48 pm In Reply to: Is it worth it to work from home? - Panicked MT

So glad you reached out, but sorry you have to deal with the naysayers. Here's the thing, nobody knows your situation like you do, so they shouldn't judge.

First of all, I would ignore the ones on here who I feel have a sense of entitlement on this board because of either how old they are, their experience (or lack of), or what bad card MT has been played on them. Just because their moniker has some indication that they should know better -- it's self-assigned -- they don't. In my experience, they almost always give advice on what you DIDN'T ask, not what you DID ask. IMO. Just ignore those posts, don't let them add to your stress level.

So when it comes to your question about working from home, remember that everybody has their own experience. Mine has been great, but if I go into it, I will just get shot down, so suffice it to say that I'm doing OK. I'm one of the lucky ones, I admit.

Also IMO, pathology is one of the rare specialties that I doubt will ever go to VR, so that is in your favor. I've tried to break into it, but if you don't have experience, most people will not hire you for it, despite your many years of other MT experience. The question would be, can you find an at-home pathology position? I would suggest spending your time searching on indeed.com, etc. and sending in your resume. Try to find an employee at-home position for path. I bet you'll find it.

Another thought is what about asking, with the recommendation of your health care professionals, your current facility if you can work from home. Sometimes they pay more to go to home from on-site because of the money it costs them to have you work on-site. Worth a try, if you haven't already done that.

As far as your personal mental health goes, you and your doctors know you best, so ignore all the advice on what you should be doing or not doing. No one knows you like you do!

Good luck to you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)