Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I'm in chapter 7 right now - sm

Posted: Apr 8th, 2016 - 1:12 pm In Reply to: Bankruptcy head count - Chapter 7 or whatever

Chapter 7 for me costs $1250. I paid the attorney with the money I would otherwise have paid on credit card payments. I'm keeping my car payment, which will be paid off in December. I had to include it in the BR and sign a "reaffirmation letter" promising that I'd continue making payments.

You do the same thing with your mortgage and rent. I rent, so I signed a reaffirmation letter that I'll continue my lease as is.

I'm using a bankruptcy attorney at a local privately-owned law firm; not one of the companies that advertises on TV. My attorney ONLY does bankruptcies, just like those advertised companies.

A chapter 13 for me would be dreadful. You have to give the bankruptcy trustee your money, and THEY pay your bills, and you have no control over it. I have 2 friends who did chapter 13 and they were miserable.

Chapter 7 leaves you free and clear. I'm not letting myself get down about it. It would be easy to feel like a failure, but I'm not. And neither are you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)