Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Regarding TAA. I would encourage all who - are thinking of going back

Posted: Apr 4th, 2016 - 3:30 pm

to school due to the horrific demise of MT to look into the TAA program through their state Dept of Labor. Search for a petition for any company you may have worked for during the time of the petition. If you find any approved petitions for any company you may have worked for, write down the petition number and refer to that number when you contact the DOL.  It may not matter whether it shows as already expired or not, there may be something they can still help with like tuition, books and materials.

I found from my personal experience that this is a very under-utilized resource. For instance, in my state there have only been 5 cases filed in 15 years!!!  The money is sitting there waiting to be used by persons who have had their jobs affected by off-shoring.  I got my approval in less than a couple of weeks and getting my funding this week!  100% of my schooling and testing is being paid for through TAA.  It is not welfare.  It is not income based.  You don't have to have been fired or laid off.  Your job just has to have been negatively impacted by off-shoring of your work. The petition has been filed and approved and the money is waiting for your.

Also, check if your company had a petition denied during your time of employment but there was another petition filed after, that more recent petition may be a petition that encompasses your time of employment and extends it out. So read all of the petitions filed on the company for which you previously worked and even if you still work for them!  You paid your dues now get something out of it. Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)