Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Here's the reply I got when I emailed the TAA rep - today....

Posted: Apr 6th, 2016 - 11:33 am In Reply to: Regarding TAA. I would encourage all who - are thinking of going back

"At this time, there are only two Medquist petitions that were ever certified by the Department of Labor and you are not eligible to receive TAA benefits and services under either petition. Petition number 81128 expired in March 2014. Since it appears your layoff date fell within the certification dates of that petition, you would have had to apply for TAA benefits and services under that petition prior to the expiration date in March 2014. And you are not eligible to receive benefits and services under 85182 because your layoff date did not fall within the certification dates. You and/or Medquist cannot file a new petition on your behalf since a new petition would have had to be filed within a year of your layoff. You are not timely in your request to receive TAA benefits and services under any Medquist petitions. "

So I guess I waited too long...I thought the petition was renewed?. Oh well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)