Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I have a set hours I'm available to them, - anon

Posted: Mar 24th, 2016 - 5:09 pm In Reply to: I have a set of hours I'm available to them, - MT

If it gets to the point you have to tell them they will have to pay more, you will need that in writing, either as an addendum to your contract or written backup that they have agreed. You cannot be compelled to work when they demand it. As an IC, you have to be free to offer your services to others, which it seems you are doing, and that means you will not always be available for work when they request it. You are right in that this is something that could be demanded or requested of an employee but not an IC, but unfortunately this is the norm by too many businesses these days of ICs. You will have to make the determination for yourself of how you want to be treated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)