Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Stormy - Caroline

Posted: Mar 24th, 2016 - 4:46 pm In Reply to: Its not you, my dear - stormy

I am joining your call to action. Today a good friend of mine who is a big deal in the business world took me to lunch and I told him everything that was going on. (I work for one of the big companies, but do not want to put their name on here for fear that the guy who is the head honcho will fire me. I am a single mom with a 5-year-old son, so I must work.) Anyway, he was just appalled. He says that much of what I told him describes illegal behavior on the part of the huge company. My best friend (not an MT; she is actually a therapist) told me that my behavior in not leaving this company was much like an abused woman refusing to leave her man. And I had to agree that she was right. I have been so demoralized by this work that I feel that I am just a, um, well nevermind. You get the idea. My businessman friend suggested that I find other work, which I will begin to look for next week. I was an English major in college and graduated with honors. I am not bad looking--certainly not a beauty, but not bad. I am presentable. I have been bullied by my supe who does not give a darn if I lose my place to live or anything else. So today as I was talking with my business friend, I promised him that next week, I would begin my search. I AM worth something--and so are you! I have been an MT since college, have always had stellar QA evaluations, only missed work one time in nearly 10 years. In short, I have tried very hard. But today I said, NO MORE! I am not sure what kind of work I can get. I live in a large mideastern city, so there should be some good opportunities. I think I am afraid to go looking--as many of us are afraid to go looking--is because we have all been so beaten down and TURNED INTO MACHINES. Yes, I know I am shouting. I apologize. I am just the kind of person who will put up with almost anything for a long while, but once I have had it, I have had it. One of my profs in college once asked me, "Don't you ever get mad?" I said, "Hardly ever, but when I do--look out." BTW, my business friend told me that we all should go to our State Labor Boards and file complaints.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)