Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Arrendale British Account Speech Rec.. (Views: 37)

I don't think it's related to work, though I'm sure it's - exacerbated by MT

Posted: Aug 12th, 2015 - 4:03 am In Reply to: Health issues that may or may not be related to work, need advice. - Creaky

Since you started having the symptoms after 10 years of straight typing, I don't think that is it. Most people don't have problems until they do VR.

I'm 50, started when I was 24, so have been in the business for 26 years. I only started having issues when I worked for M*Modal because their VR platform requires you to take your hands off the home keys and use your pinkies, and they track keyboard time. Any break you take has to be tacked on at the end of the day. That's insanity for this line of work. I lasted a year and a half after ending up there through a buy-out. Now working for a 'normal' company where hours are flexible as long as you keep work in turn around time. No more issues.

On the other hand, I would let the doctor decide that. That way you may get some kind of benefit if he deems it is due to the repetitive motions of your job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)